Wojciech Szczęsny (36 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
I think its the kid that has played at AC Milan since he was 17 and is the Italy #1, all accomplished before the tender GK age of 22.

Oh. He is free.

Did I mention he is free? I can't recall the last time a WC talent in a niche position like GK, at only 22 years old and the number 1 GK for a major footballing nation was available for free.

Maybe someone could enlighten me when that happened last?
:rabiot:

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Have to disagree with that. Imo Tek had been one one of the elite keepers in the world until the recent dip in form. The number of goals we've conceded has little to do with the level of goalkeeping. We've simply regressed defensively which is understandable considering our top defenders got old. Yes there are plenty of memorable saves he has made in key games. Against Napoli this season for example.
Then we have to disagree, he was always a level below the top imo.

That's one save. I don't remember a single one in the CL for example, and many of his goals conceded were not really his fault, but were definitely savable

- - - Updated - - -

Still baffled at the 16M for Can. Both Rabiot and Rasmey are bigger names, but they got "nothing"

Jun 6, 2015
Then we have to disagree, he was always a level below the top imo.

That's one save. I don't remember a single one in the CL for example, and many of his goals conceded were not really his fault, but were definitely savable
Ajax? But yeah I think there's simply a big difference in how we rate the player.

Still baffled at the 16M for Can. Both Rabiot and Rasmey are bigger names, but they got "nothing"
Yes it's weird. It's not like Can is some super marketable player either.

Jun 6, 2015
Why am I barking at the wrong tree?
Because it's the players in the wall not doing their job. The wall was set up in the right spot.
If there was nothing wrong with the set up then his reaction was laughable.
Yes, he absolutely could have done better on that shot but that wasn't what you were initially blaming him for.
Needs to go, not Juve material.
Strongly disagree with that. I think he has clearly proven that he's Juve material with the way he has performed for most of his time here. Not easy to follow in the footsteps of the GOATkeeper.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Because it's the players in the wall not doing their job. The wall was set up in the right spot.

Yes, he absolutely could have done better on that shot but that wasn't what you were initially blaming him for.

Strongly disagree with that. I think he has clearly proven that he's Juve material with the way he has performed for most of his time here. Not easy to follow in the footsteps of the GOATkeeper.
Players in the wall not doing their job? Why you put those players then?

It's simple; he's not Juve material. Arsenal, Roma, Galatasaray fine. Juve, NO.
Not capable of setting up a wall (wtf was McKennie doing btw? I didn't set him up there), and let's not talk about the GK space (that square of 5m) or organizing a defense.

Scam of a GK.

Jun 6, 2015
Players in the wall not doing their job? Why you put those players then?

It's simple; he's not Juve material. Arsenal, Roma, Galatasaray fine. Juve, NO.
Not capable of setting up a wall (wtf was McKennie doing btw? I didn't set him up there), and let's not talk about the GK space (that square of 5m) or organizing a defense.

Scam of a GK.
You think Tek decides which players go in the wall? :D This is not amateur football we're talking about here. These players have been given their set-piece assignments already before the game. They don't just randomly do what pleases them in those situations. Again, there was absolutely nothing wrong with how the wall was set up.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
He does not suck thats fucken retarded;
He is very good 8/10, he is just a step below the very best and will always be,
Donna is a probs an 7.5/8 at the moment now, but he has improved massively this season, and he will only get better, id gladly take him;
Mino fucked up, kudos to Milan for not taking his shit tbh, eveything i've heard about their new keeper is positive;

Woj will be very hard to shift, all the top teams have a good goalie, Donna is gonna struggle to find a top team too, even for free,
i wouldnt mind either way if we keep Woj or get Donna, so long as our midfield is improved

Honestly the current group of keepers in the world is excellent, out of the "top teams" we probably have the worst starting gk apart from maybe Chelsea (and utd/inter if you consider them top top teams) and thats not a slight on woj at all

Jun 16, 2020
he sucks and because we are unable to offload him now, we are missing out on donnarumma for free and will have to pay 30+ million euros for a mediocre shit in next 2 years.
Im not Szczesny's biggest fan, was hoping that Donnarumma would come. But its not worth it to get into problems for this transfer. You just see it happening; we sign Dollar for almost double of Teks wages, pay a heavy signing fee and we will with some luck find a dry loan for Tek.

It would be different if some actual offers arrived, but thats not the case, as Agresti said.

We'd started this mercato with 20m spent on a keeper and the salaries increased by 12m net, more than 20m gross. This could make ous miss out on Locatelli on the short term, and perhaps hunt us for the rest of the mercato. Its just not worth it. And btw I think that we will sign nobody for +10m salary, especially not with Ronaldo still here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)