Wojciech Szczęsny (48 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I'm more sensitive about the ignorance here that somebody wouldn't take Donnarumma given the opportunity. He is ten times the goalkeeper Tek is. And would serve us well for the next ... 13 years.
Tek has shown nothing more than mediocrity. Totally unable to organize in front of him. While fine, you don't give up the opportunity to sign somebody like Donnarumma.

I am however entertained watching all of you discuss this. Donnarumma to Juventus is most likely a done deal. It's the reason he didn't sign for Milan.
13 years for a Raiola client?

Jun 6, 2015
No one's saying he dint underperform though but most people are desperate to see our problem areas addresses first. Heck, if we can upgrade our midfield significantly while also being able to bankroll Raiola and Donnarumma, then I'm all for it(as much as I don't like it) but I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Yeah I also want to be on record saying that I have absolutely nothing against Donnarumma. I'm completely fine with either of Tek or Donna as our staring GK next season. However I will not rewrite history and claim that we had a terrible goalkeeper for the last three years. That narrative is simply false and disrespectful towards a goalie who for the most part has done his job well.

Jun 27, 2011
That comparison doesn't make much sense.

Look, I know you're a fanboy but I rather we address our burning issues first before 'investing' on a goalkeeper.
Is that supposed to be an insult? Pretty bad one considering we're on a fanboy's forum.
But i get what you're saying. Signing Donnarumma won't solve our biggest problems. It won't even solve a problem per se. It would however be incredibly shortsighted not to sign a world class goalkeeper given the opportunity. Tek isn't great.
I would be saying the exact same thing in other positions. If the opportunity to raise the quality is there, you take it. Or you regret it.

Buffon is gone. Donnarumma will take his place. Tek will stay.
Watch. Donnarumma didn't reject 8m from Milan without agreeing terms with another club first. 0% chance.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wait. Do we have an opportunity to sign a world class goalkeeper? Who?
I think its the kid that has played at AC Milan since he was 17 and is the Italy #1, all accomplished before the tender GK age of 22.

Oh. He is free.

Did I mention he is free? I can't recall the last time a WC talent in a niche position like GK, at only 22 years old and the number 1 GK for a major footballing nation was available for free.

Maybe someone could enlighten me when that happened last?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Goalkeeper hasn't been a problem area for us during Tek's stint as our number one goalie. Not for the whole season, he only played below his usual standards during the second half of the season.
Not a problem if you think a GK is there just to do no screw ups and make the easy saves, but if you think Juve should have one of the best GKs in the world then he is a problem. Hes mot a bad keeper, but hes not on the level a Juve keeper should be. Even before this season. We keep conceding 30 or more goals since Woj arrived, something that didnt happen since our dominance started. Also, can you remember like any memorable saves in key games from him? Like where he bailed us out and saved clear goals? Hes just an ok keeper that (when hes in form) wont do many screwups, but we need better to start for us

- - - Updated - - -

If we tried to buy him hed be 50M minimum

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I think its the kid that has played at AC Milan since he was 17 and is the Italy #1, all accomplished before the tender GK age of 22.

Oh. He is free.

Did I mention he is free? I can't recall the last time a WC talent in a niche position like GK, at only 22 years old and the number 1 GK for a major footballing nation was available for free.

Maybe someone could enlighten me when that happened last?
Again you're mentioning number of caps as a proof of his world class status. Who is he fighting for the #1 spot in Europa League regulars Milan and Italy? Please tell me one thing that Donnarumma impresses at other than being a 23 year old and a money-grabbing whore.

Oh. And he's definitely not 'free'.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Again you're mentioning number of caps as a proof of his world class status. Who is he fighting for the #1 spot in Europa League regulars Milan and Italy? Please tell me one thing that Donnarumma impresses at other than being a 23 year old and a money-grabbing whore.

Oh. And he's definitely not 'free'.
We don't pay Milan anything, he is a free agent. It's up to the club to determine what they give Raiola in agent fees. For a GK with his pedigree and hype, agent fees are nothing to what paying top dollar in transfer fees to a club would be for a GK.

Jun 6, 2015
Not a problem if you think a GK is there just to do no screw ups and make the easy saves, but if you think Juve should have one of the best GKs in the world then he is a problem. Hes mot a bad keeper, but hes not on the level a Juve keeper should be. Even before this season. We keep conceding 30 or more goals since Woj arrived, something that didnt happen since our dominance started. Also, can you remember like any memorable saves in key games from him? Like where he bailed us out and saved clear goals? Hes just an ok keeper that (when hes in form) wont do many screwups, but we need better to start for us
Have to disagree with that. Imo Tek had been one one of the elite keepers in the world until the recent dip in form. The number of goals we've conceded has little to do with the level of goalkeeping. We've simply regressed defensively which is understandable considering our top defenders got old. Yes there are plenty of memorable saves he has made in key games. Against Napoli this season for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)