Wojciech Szczęsny (19 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
:agree: He has been one of the better goalkeepers in the Serie A for a decade now. Pretty underrated player imo.
he's having a good season so far and he's one of the best when it comes to sheer ability, but during his inda's hopeless years, he had a fair share of uninspired individual performances. he's nowhere near the consistency of oblak or sub-40 buffon. there are plenty of very good goalies in serie a, including sportiello, consigli or sirigu, and i think handanovic fits in the same bracket. i'd take either of these as a vice-szczesny, but none of them over tek.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
he's having a good season so far and he's one of the best when it comes to sheer ability, but during his inda's hopeless years, he had a fair share of uninspired individual performances. he's nowhere near the consistency of oblak or sub-40 buffon. there are plenty of very good goalies in serie a, including sportiello, consigli or sirigu, and i think handanovic fits in the same bracket. i'd take either of these as a vice-szczesny, but none of them over tek.
I like Tek but still have some question marks regarding him every now and then but overall he’s always been solid and very rarely(if at all?) has he actually cost us points which is a big plus in assessing a GK.

However, about Handanovic, i have to totally agree with you as despite making some incredible saves at times he’s had his fair share of blunders, also decisive ones i might add. Tbf i’ve never really considered him as an option for us other than perhaps at most as a vice-Buffon or even vice-Tek as things stand now.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I think his future here is not dependent on his skill, Szczesny is a really great GK IMO, but I am curious to how Sarri views him. I think if he is replaced it is solely based on Sarri wanting GK with better feet, even if Szczesny is a better GK.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Alisson
Manuel Neuer
Ederson
André Onana
Wojciech Szczęsny
Jan Oblak
Kepa Arrizabalaga
Samir Handanović
Hugo Lloris
Marc-André ter Stegen

The 10 nominees for the inaugural #TropheeYachine, awarded to the best goalkeeper in the world.

I say he’s number 5 or 6 on this list

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Alisson
Manuel Neuer
Ederson
André Onana
Wojciech Szczęsny
Jan Oblak
Kepa Arrizabalaga
Samir Handanović
Hugo Lloris
Marc-André ter Stegen

The 10 nominees for the inaugural #TropheeYachine, awarded to the best goalkeeper in the world.

I say he’s number 5 or 6 on this list
Has he ever been nominated for it before or is this the first time he ever got included?

Glad to see him receive some recognition though.

- - - Updated - - -

Alisson Oblak Stegen. Only this 3 are better. EOT.
Agreed, just maybe plus Neuer and Lloris aswell in their better days. I personally expect Tek to finish as 5th or 6th in this one and i’d say it’s fair enough.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 17)