Wojciech Szczęsny (34 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I can't believe this guy actually has haters to begin with

Give him that Italian passport or call him now Szczenini from now or something

So underrated. If only he belonged to Italien Goalkeeping 'Master Race'....

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What a difference from the mistake-ridden, error-prone nervous goalkeeper he used to be at Arsenal to how good he is today. Gotta give Roma’s goalkeeping department a lot of credit TBH, they really worked on his game so much that he’s now one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the world currently.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What a difference from the mistake-ridden, error-prone nervous goalkeeper he used to be at Arsenal to how good he is today. Gotta give Roma’s goalkeeping department a lot of credit TBH, they really worked on his game so much that he’s now one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the world currently.
Repetition and redundancy :sigh: That's my domain Bruh. It's trademarked :p

Love you :kiss:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
There is article on one of polish biggest football sites if he should be considered WC. I wonder whats ur opinion on him guys? In this article they asked few italian journos about him and some say he is WC and some say he is a level below.
But I agree its true that he doesnt have the reputation he deserves, if u ask random guy to name top10 goalkeepers in the world i doubt anyone who is not Juve fan would mention Wojciech. I doubt he would even be included in top15 or top20.
In this article they even brought FIFA 19 stats (lol) and he is 12th with OVR stats - just to show how underrated he is - Perin who is his back up and didnt even play in one major match has the same rating as Wojciech.
And I agree with someone above that if he would italian he is considered top 5 easily. He is behind guys like Oblak, De Gea, Nueur, Courtois, but other than that he is great.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
woj is definitely a top10 keeper. very consistent, very few mistakes, cool headed even with the ball. his passing is top notch. i watched him live during the warm-up before the udinese-juve game, and his 30-40m long passes were more accurate than some of our midfielders' similar passes. also, that one handed save @piotrr posted proves that he's just as quick to react as anyone else in the business. never a weak link, and very intelligent and funny interviews, too. i'd probably take oblak or de gea ahead of him if we were after a post-buffon goalie, but now that he's here and settled, i wouldn't want anybody else to protect our goal.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
woj is definitely a top10 keeper. very consistent, very few mistakes, cool headed even with the ball. his passing is top notch. i watched him live during the warm-up before the udinese-juve game, and his 30-40m long passes were more accurate than some of our midfielders' similar passes. also, that one handed save @piotrr posted proves that he's just as quick to react as anyone else in the business. never a weak link, and very intelligent and funny interviews, too. i'd probably take oblak or de gea ahead of him if we were after a post-buffon goalie, but now that he's here and settled, i wouldn't want anybody else to protect our goal.
The last point is really important. You can see from his interviews, from games that he just loves to here. His comments about yelling on Cancelo all the time is one of the example here. Even last game when Bonu was laying on the ground injured, he was the first guy to speak to him and alert our staff about his condition.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
There is article on one of polish biggest football sites if he should be considered WC. I wonder whats ur opinion on him guys? In this article they asked few italian journos about him and some say he is WC and some say he is a level below.
But I agree its true that he doesnt have the reputation he deserves, if u ask random guy to name top10 goalkeepers in the world i doubt anyone who is not Juve fan would mention Wojciech. I doubt he would even be included in top15 or top20.
In this article they even brought FIFA 19 stats (lol) and he is 12th with OVR stats - just to show how underrated he is - Perin who is his back up and didnt even play in one major match has the same rating as Wojciech.
And I agree with someone above that if he would italian he is considered top 5 easily. He is behind guys like Oblak, De Gea, Nueur, Courtois, but other than that he is great.
Wtf, he is above the likes of Courtois for me. Easily.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
He stagnated at Arsenal and disappointed with Poland so his reputation took a big hit. Most of world football doesnt follow Roma so closely so his improvement didn't make the news. It's normal that he is a bit underrated outside of Serie A.

If he plays like last night for us consistently then he will surely be rated up there soon enough. Juve has the appeal to improve his image.

Probably Oblak, De Gea, Courtois, Neuer, Alisson deserve the top 5. Ter Stegen, Szczesny, Buffon (unless he declined this year more), Donnarumma, Navas can come next with some I'm forgetting.

Surely Szczesny is in that top 10.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He stagnated at Arsenal and disappointed with Poland so his reputation took a big hit. Most of world football doesnt follow Roma so closely so his improvement didn't make the news. It's normal that he is a bit underrated outside of Serie A.

If he plays like last night for us consistently then he will surely be rated up there soon enough. Juve has the appeal to improve his image.

Probably Oblak, De Gea, Courtois, Neuer, Alisson deserve the top 5. Ter Stegen, Szczesny, Buffon (unless he declined this year more), Donnarumma, Navas can come next with some I'm forgetting.

Surely Szczesny is in that top 10.
I wouldn't have courtois as our number 2 he's been that bad this season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)