Wojciech Szczęsny (32 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010

Very nice interview. Lots of warm words for Juventus and Gigi. You could sense that there is a very big, ambitious and long-term project at Juve by Szczęsny's words. Also, we definitely won't be looking at other goalie to replace the great Buffon.
Yeah, the whole interview is great. Szczesny has really changed as a person and I really like his attitude. You can also clearly see how impressed he is by Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice interview. Lots of warm words for Juventus and Gigi. You could sense that there is a very big, ambitious and long-term project at Juve by Szczęsny's words. Also, we definitely won't be looking at other goalie to replace the great Buffon.
Yeah, the whole interview is great. Szczesny has really changed as a person and I really like his attitude. You can also clearly see how impressed by Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #302
    Translated some parts for peeps who don't understand Polish (if there are any? :boh:) as it's more exciting than watching DEN-POL :p

@0:37
    Journo-Tell me what's Turin like?
    WS-Very likable, very nice, small and peaceful.

@1:12
    J-What's incredible in your story is that you ended in Juve because you have chosen it.
    WS-Yes, i don't know if it's some power of visualization, but you're right. Sometime at the end of last year i had this idea that it would be a nice destination for me.

@2:10
    J-You told your manager to check out if Juve would be interested?
    WS-It turned out that they were already interested but i had no idea.
    J-So they were thinking about you and you about them.
    WS-This is how the attraction of two energies works. ;)

@2:45
    J-Can you tell some more about how did it happen?
    WS-It was pretty standard. Everyone tried to find an agreement, it took a while since we had to wait for the transfer period. I was just sitting and waiting as i had an agreement a lot earlier :)beppe:).

@5:10
    J-You were going to Turin knowing that you won't be the first choice.
    WS-I know what are the perspectives there, I did not choose Juve to be Buffon's substitute - what is not a disparagement. I chose because if I am to be where I want to be - then only there. There were other options with guarantees of playing but they did not guarantee that I would ever be in the place I believe I will be in Juve.

@6:38
    J-Is there any truth that you have some clause that guarantees you some number of games?
    WS-I can guarantee that even Buffon has no guaranteed number of games in season. There's no guarantee. I work, i have an idea how many games i can get. I think the number will be enough so i can be prepared for the World Cup and enough so i can be ready for the role i'm preparing for the next season.

@7:25
    J-And you're preparing... for the role of the 1st GK?
    WS-Well, i didn't go there to be a substitute.

@7:40
    J-I know that you work but you also mentioned that you work really hard.
    WS-Yes, it's harder than i thought. I was warned that it would be harder than I imagined and it really is. Physical requirements are way greater than i have ever met. Gym work, training, intensity.. but if i am to be where i want to be than only by such work and in place where they require from me more than anyone ever required so i can be on the higher level.

@10:15
    J-You'll be preparing for the World Cup with a guy that can play his 5th WC there.
    WS-First player in the history that can accomplish this. No idea where he has this power from to play on such high level for so many years and i can confirm this as someone who's with him day after day for the 2 months - this level is as high as everyone thinks, even higher. He's a legend on my position for sure and he is from whom to learn.
    J-What can you learn from him?
    WS-Everything, but honestly besides sporting level being higher than i expected, even just watching Buffon before the game, in locker room, training, talking to the players - you see such a leader. I've never met someone like this before and yet he's such a great mate, who's very warm, friendly. Those are things that you gain with experience. It's not a coincidence, he's almost 40 and when i watch him i see someone who knows, is capable of more than i do and passes it to others. That's something to learn and you should learn from the best. I watch, i ask and hopefully i improve.
    J-Is he an open-minded person?
    WS-Very, he shares his massive knowledge and likes to do it. We talk a lot.

@12:30
    J-You know all these trophies surely help him, he didn't get the CL yet...
    WS-And English Cup, which i did! :lol:
    J-If you had to compare yourself to him are there huge differences?
    WS-Physically no, but experience is vital. After those 6-8 weeks of work with him i know that not only i've never worked with someone like this but in the future i probably never will. Buffon happens once in many many years so i want to take as much as i can from this season.

@13:30
    J-Some people say that you can end your career in Juve, play there for 6-7 years...
    WS-I don't like changes, let's say. I have chosen the club where i want to stay and from Juve you can't go higher in Europe :)touched:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)