Wojciech Szczęsny (4 Viewers)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Good time to snatch him. Good enough to be starting next year, but not such a worldie that he warrants an instant starting spot, saves us money for other spots and is happy to play B-keeper for a while. Also, a lot might not agree with me and I hate to say it, but Buffons form has been slowly dripping a bit as of late and in a way I think it's good that this season will be his last. Szczesny can learn the ropes from the best keeper in history and be ready to take the reigns in 2018.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Welcome Szczesny!
A very good GK,great back up for now,for sure better than Neto,and we'll see next summer regarding him replacing Gigi.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
3 things I gotta say.

1) I think he will surprise many because he's a quality keeper
2) I think he's gonna play a lot next season, possibly more than Buffon, while everyone keeps saying how he's a backup which I doubt
3) His wages are supposed to be quite high and I don't like simply because next season when Gigi retires it means he's staying as our first option, no Donnarummas here or next Buffons
I do think he'll play a lot more than people expect. Not as much as Buffon though. Also I don't mind is having a good keeper like him replace Buffon for a few years until we find another Italian to stay forever.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Welcome, High wage but better than Neto so a big welcome for you

BTW, Does he have any nickname to avoid me that Sczcsvczezcney tongue twister?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I expect nobody to learn how to spell his last name. Can't wait for all the different variations of his name.

Dude was a beast last two seasons. Should be good enough to take over for Gigi until Italy manages to produce another superstar.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I consider him worldclass goalkeeper. If count serie A only with his performances he probably outshined Buffon last season (but of course Gigi didnt have so much to do). He fell put with Wenger and its the only reason Arsenal wont use him.
For me he lacks some class (but still really grown up in Italy), hopefully he will earn some partnering Gigi.
What else, definitely huge confidence, wont be afraid to lead the defense, great with the ball, imo in this aspect he is better than Gigi.
The prpblem are fuck ups which he does from time to time, but which goalie really doesnt?
Big plus is that he usually shines in the big games when it matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)