Wojciech Szczęsny (34 Viewers)

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Szczesny would really be doing us a big favor by leaving early and not making this difficult and dragging this out.

I never blame any player for refusing to leave to go to a club they dont want to go or to give up money, so when a player does that, they deserve praise and appreciation --- especially a player that served the club well

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I wanted him to stay another year since we will be back to Champions League and Gregorio could have used Tek's experience but, to be honest this is the best deal for him and for the team, he will earn alot of money and then he can retire with his pockets full of money.

Nothing but prise for Tek, I remember when we got him that pretty much everybody was against him, he earn his place wirh great performances... it was not easy come to "replace" Buffon, and he had the balls to do it, and he did a great job all these years.

Thank you Tek! you truly are a bianconero!

P,S I hope Di Gregorio is the real deal...

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I wouldn’t say I’m gonna miss him, mainly because I thought he was overpaid, but he was a solid keeper who had to fill the shoes of a legend. Get that money brah

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
I wanted him to stay another year since we will be back to Champions League and Gregorio could have used Tek's experience but, to be honest this is the best deal for him and for the team, he will earn alot of money and then he can retire with his pockets full of money.
Keeping Szczesny around for another year would have made sense if they were bringing in someone like Carnesecchi, who is young/inexperienced and would have benefitted having him around. But Di Gregorio will be 27 years old and just won Serie A GK of the Year. He's ready to be the guy and there's just no need to keep another GK that is making high wages.

I'm also happy this means Perin will stick around as the backup. I like having him around on the team. He kind of reminds me of the days of having Storari, who I also really liked.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
This is big for us. At the moment, Tek costs us the most in wages than any other player.

Rabiot gets paid more in net terms because he was signed under that foreigner tax treatment that is now scrapped.

Tek costs us 12m a year gross.

Is no coincidence that the players under that tax scheme are getting net pay cuts and trying to renegotiate. These players include McKennie, Rabiot, Danilo, Iling Junior, Weah and Milik

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Would sure be great if we manage to conclude this deal so early on, getting also a transfer fee for him is something most of us didn’t even dare to hope, so props to Tek for not dragging it on and understanding that his time here is over.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He was underappreciated he was overrated.

Cost us far too many games and for a players on his wages it was disgraceful. Should of been replaced years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 21)