Wizzle plus cameras? (1 Viewer)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
The Swedish company Tracab has invented a new system that should stop wrong offside and wrong goal desicions by the referee. According to em they can see exactly on the dot where the ball and the players are at the time. It might be found in the Swedish first league soon.

Should this system be compulsory in every arena in Serie A? :undecide:

Or perhaps also in EPL:

What do you think? :cool:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,585092,00.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I think FIFA are meeting next month to discuss the possibility of using video technology,following Carroll's latest howlers.

I for one am against the usage of video technology,at least for interpretitive incidents such as fouls.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
That depends. If they're gonna use it for offsides and stop the game for five minutes every time there's a doubtful situation; I say we never install anything of the sort.

OP
peckface

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    The thing is if a "doubtful situation" will accure, the computer will know if he's offside or not. If the player is offside, the referee gets aware of it. Then its up to him to hitler with his arm or not. Or if we keep his assistant managers but that feel kind of unnecessary to me. :undecide:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I would love to see this happen. When there is a penalty situation, offside or disallowed goal-situations etc. but not to use it with ordinary fould...

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    While I agree that some refereeing decisions are at best heart rending, I don't think that introducing a system that will bring constant interruptions in game play should be encouraged.

It will kill the game. Anyone here watch American Football?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    My favorite solution: add a ref at each goal end as they do in hockey and be done with it. That won't necessarily cover the offsides complexities, but it will reduce the Carroll howlers.

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm not in favour of putting the game in the hands of technology. The game has always been controlled and refereed by humans, and that's the way it should be. Mistakes are part and pacrel of that fact.

That doesn't mean that you can't reduce the number of missed calls. All you have to do is change the interpretation of the rules. First of all, there should be more officials in topflight matches. American baseball puts more umpires on the field for play-off games. It makes sense to eas e the load on officials in games where there are high stakes. Secondly, to reduce the number of poor offsides calls, all you have to do is instruct the linesmen to keep their flag down if they are in doubt. It makes sense to keep the game going because the defense still has the oppurtunity to prevent a goal, but you're never going to score if the game is stopped and a erroneous offsides is called. Finally, football is not a sport where the players should try to get away with everything that they can. The rules are just and should be followed. Players who are shown to knowingly and purposefully subvert the rules of the game should be punished.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
    I'm not in favour of putting the game in the hands of technology. The game has always been controlled and refereed by humans, and that's the way it should be. Mistakes are part and pacrel of that fact.

That doesn't mean that you can't reduce the number of missed calls. All you have to do is change the interpretation of the rules. First of all, there should be more officials in topflight matches. American baseball puts more umpires on the field for play-off games. It makes sense to eas e the load on officials in games where there are high stakes. Secondly, to reduce the number of poor offsides calls, all you have to do is instruct the linesmen to keep their flag down if they are in doubt. It makes sense to keep the game going because the defense still has the oppurtunity to prevent a goal, but you're never going to score if the game is stopped and a erroneous offsides is called. Finally, football is not a sport where the players should try to get away with everything that they can. The rules are just and should be followed. Players who are shown to knowingly and purposefully subvert the rules of the game should be punished.

;thumb:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I'd rather they introduce another assistant for the ref instead of TV replays where fouls are concerned.As it is it's nearly impossible to clearly define alot of fouls and the human touch is clearly still needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)