With or against Marriage? (12 Viewers)

With marriage or against it?

• Marry

• Don't marry

• I'm undecided

• I don't really care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 15, 2006
Look at the poll. I'm surprised that the majority said marry.
Honestly, I hardly looked at the actual poll result and rather read and understood the opinions posted. And from what I read, it seems that more people here wouldn't mind not marrying if the partner agrees to it.
Well actually the majority say Marriage is important (50% do anyways but it's still the highest figure!)

And your mum is a woman of Wisdom!
Well she is pretty wise considering her age, yeah. But she does have a few orthodox and outdated beliefs that are simply not true.

But I still love her! :sheik:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Honestly, I hardly looked at the actual poll result and rather read and understood the opinions posted. And from what I read, it seems that more people here wouldn't mind not marrying if the partner agrees to it.

Well she is pretty wise considering her age, yeah. But she does have a few orthodox and outdated beliefs that are simply not true.

But I still love her! :sheik:
And so you should. And your love for her is what makes civilisation keep ticking over

Orthodox is not necessarily a bad thing ;)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Australia is by far the best multi-cultural society atm - yes there is a lot of racism as with any other country but generally people are given their freedom to live their lives as they will, as long as they are respecting the law

Btw did you watch "Go back to where you came from"?
Can't disagree with that. I love how multi-cultural our nation is. It's great to see so many races and cultures intertwine with each other. In my street we have Italians, Maltese, Macedonians, Turks, Chinese, Uruguayans and Indians all living together peacefully. Not many places in the world with such diversity.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #104
    I saw the gays' pictures! They have some hot women.

But I can't believe you're now fake engaged! Was there a party?

And Rab, is there a secret special reason behind this poll?
    No Kate:D, just to get to know each-others more.

Nedvěd

Doesn't really matter for me. I like the concept of living with your girl and have kids without getting married.

I don't think I have the guts to get officially married, I mean the whole walking with your bride and hearing the monk saying bullshit and doing all the cheesy stuff like wearing the ring and eating the cake. Fuck that shit, all I want to skip all that and kiss the girl and shove my penis in her.
    And I can see myself getting bored during my marriage, I'll probably have to smoke a joint or two.
    And oh one other thing, I don't know about you, but here, when you get married, you get out of the church and everyone will come and congratulate you and shake your hands and stuff, that shit is boring.

Apr 15, 2006
    Nedvěd;3127950 said:
    Fuck that shit, all I want to skip all that and kiss the girl and shove my penis in her.
    Real Classy. :tup:
    Nedvěd;3127950 said:
    And oh one other thing, I don't know about you, but here, when you get married, you get out of the church and everyone will come and congratulate you and shake your hands and stuff, that shit is boring.
    You think that is boring? In my city, and maybe other parts of the country(I shall find out this weekend), you and your wife are made to stand on the podium, all dressed up with make-up and shit, and basically people gather in a line and congratulate you and give you presents. Worse; after that, these people stand around you, and a photographer takes 2 pics of you with them kind of like proof that those people attended the wedding. And while this shit happens, there's a videographer using an old-ass camera, shining bright light on your face, and recording you just standing there like a retard and smiling for the other camera. Once it is done, that group of people go, and a fresh batch arrives. And the cycle repeats. This goes on for 2-2.5 hours. :sergio:

Wedding ceremonies and receptions are ass-raping bullshit!

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    I do like the idea of getting all of those gifts, and of having some really nice pictures taken :) Our guest list would be very small, so I don't think the congratulations would take too long (if we allow them to happen).

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Because civilisation is based on stability (not meaning they don't change, but their basis is stable)
    And it's of vital importance to have a piece of paper to be stable?

Civilisation would end if people just lived together as if man and wife without actually getting married?

Apr 15, 2006
    I do like the idea of getting all of those gifts, and of having some really nice pictures taken :) Our guest list would be very small, so I don't think the congratulations would take too long (if we allow them to happen).
    I agree with the gifts, but there's nothing fun about having those pictures. The only change is the people standing around you and maybe the expression on your face. And in Indian weddings, there usually are a LOT of guests!

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    I agree with the gifts, but there's nothing fun about having those pictures. The only change is the people standing around you and maybe the expression on your face. And in Indian weddings, there usually are a LOT of guests!
    I am glad I come from a culture that is not overly fussed about extended family.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    If you have a good one, that's fine, but I don't understand why some people feel obligated to them.
    Culture. Society's expectations. It isn't easy just going against the flow in highly collectivist cultures such as those found in the sub-continent and the Middle East.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)