Wishlist and General Juve winter mercato talk (2013-14) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If we are buying a winger then he has to accept sitting on the bench most of the time since he'll be used only when Conte wants to switch to a 4-3-3 mid-game (and if our defense regains their focus that'll be a rare occasion)....

Unless that player can also play as SS or CM or WB which would mean he'd be competing for positions in the 3-5-2 too.

How about Dirk Kuyt? Huge work ethic, plenty of experience under his belt, can play as a winger or a striker. He is also too old to expect to be a regular starter and has a good eye for scoring goals out of nowhere.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Candreva is great. His improvement since joining Lazio has been out of sight. He'd be a perfect stop-gap solution for our winger/AM situation.
Only problem is that he would cost a lot and I think he is a better player when he has a lot of space ahead of him.

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
lol okay let me clear up what i said. I think we should get a young player for example someone like pogba who has shown he has alot of quality and could possibly break into the starting 11 at juve if we were to switch to a different formation which includes wingers,attacking midfielders, etc. However I doubt that will happen and I also don't see Juve switching the formation even though that vidal trequartista idea or attacking mid sounded like a good idea

- - - Updated - - -

we should go after

Jeremain Daud Lens

ummmmmmm no. lens is not good at all and is playing in like the Ukrainian league now

I would like to see candreva if hes not overpriced, verry good

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If we are buying a winger then he has to accept sitting on the bench most of the time since he'll be used only when Conte wants to switch to a 4-3-3 mid-game (and if our defense regains their focus that'll be a rare occasion)....

Unless that player can also play as SS or CM or WB which would mean he'd be competing for positions in the 3-5-2 too.

How about Dirk Kuyt? Huge work ethic, plenty of experience under his belt, can play as a winger or a striker. He is also too old to expect to be a regular starter and has a good eye for scoring goals out of nowhere.
Kuyt? Di Maria then. Available, great creativity but most of all he has a fantastic work rate out there that Conte would love. Would definitely be worth the big money if we have some to spend.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013

Just like Salvo mentioned, I would rather take a promising young talent like Berardi, who is yet to explode and would accept being on the bench most of the time and learning from big boys, than take an old Kuyt, who might, and that's a big might, solve the problem for 1 or 2 seasons and then the problem arises again. This kind of "get the last juices out of old player" tactic works only with top class players like Drogba, who were unstoppable in their prime, and I wouldn't say Kuyt exactly fits in that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)