Wishlist and General Juve winter mercato talk (2013-14) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Enough with the 4-3-3 talk.
It will continue forever
And rightfully so. Just to think that after all the debate in Italy and the media on this subject at the start of the season and how Conte came out multiple times saying he was the victim of a squad limited to only play the 3-5-2 formation, one would assume Marotta would move mountains to sign him a decent winger on the very least.

Yet here we are, almost surely ending up this Mercato not only without that signing but also selling/loaning a couple of backups as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
how Conte came out multiple times saying he was the victim of a squad limited to only play the 3-5-2 formation
That's an interesting way of wording it. You'd think after several transfer windows now that if Conte really felt this strongly about playing 4-3-3 we would have signed a winger.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
That's an interesting way of wording it. You'd think after several transfer windows now that if Conte really felt this strongly about playing 4-3-3 we would have signed a winger.
This.

Plus:

1. We need at least 2 new players for 4-3-3.
2. Conte wont bench either Asa or Bonucci, which is meant to happen if we plan to switch into 4-3-3.

Jul 20, 2012
This.

Plus:

2. Conte wont bench either Asa or Bonucci, which is a must if we plan to switch into 4-3-3.
Bonucci could play in a back 4, he would need some time and needs to focus to fit into the role and Asa could be our lb given conte doesnt trust anyone on the left.

Conte will continue to play llorente and tevez, he played marchisio and tevez on the wings. All we really need is one winger and a lb

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
It's interesting indeed. If you check Conte's past interviews/press conferences you'll surely notice how many times he singled himself out as a 'coach who gets the best out of players that the management provides him with'.

I thought he really commanded the market in his first season here, but ever since that Giaccherini saga, things must have changed and he seems Ok with it which is scary.

Im not writing him down on the blame though, if anything, I wholeheartedly agree with you here. It's a huge fuck up on all fronts inside the club that im afraid would cost us much this season even more than it did already with the CL elimination.

- - - Updated - - -

This.

Plus:

2. Conte wont bench either Asa or Bonucci, which is meant to happen if we plan to switch into 4-3-3.
Asamoah played before as a LB here at Juve and with Ghana. He's pretty good there too. As for Bonucci, I agree, Conte wouldn't bench him but if anything, he should. I'd take a Chellini - Barzagli partnership any day. Devastating.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Asamoah played before as a LB here at Juve and with Ghana. He's pretty good there too. As for Bonucci, I agree, Conte wouldn't bench him but if anything, he should. I'd take a Chellini - Barzagli partnership any day. Devastating.
He should but he wont. Fact.

About Asa, Conte would put Giorgio, Ogbonna or even Peluso as a LB rather than him.

And also, how would Llorente, Tevez and the third forward player work? You would put Tevez in the wing? Free role?

All of this (the 2-3 new players, the new tacktics, the situation with Tevez, Llorente and the third one) is a lot of change and we all know that Conte isnt the kind of coach that changes a lot.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
He should but he wont. Fact.

About Asa, Conte would put Giorgio, Ogbonna or even Peluso as a LB rather than him.

And also, how would Llorente, Tevez and the third forward player work? You would put Tevez in the wing? Free role?

All of this (the 2-3 new players, the new tacktics, the situation with Tevez, Llorente and the third one) is a lot of change and we all know that Conte isnt the kind of coach that changes a lot.
Agreed. And I blame him for it too. I've never said he wasnt part of the blame although on the media he tries to hint on the opposite.

The only chance I see him doing this change is if we run into a crisis both in Serie A and Europe. Otherwise, shit will stay the same as long as the points are coming. The CL fuckups are already forgotten.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Pogba is far better than veratti and i dont see how you can compare veratti to lamela.
Yes he is, that's why I said best young Cms besides Pogba, meaning after him.

And of course they are different players, but I do find it a bit weird that you of all people, being almost obsessed with Lamela coming to Juve and mentioning him at every opportunity criticise others for wanting Veratti.

Their situations are obviously very different, and I actually rate Lamela, but Veratti is a key player at PSG while the Lamela is perma-benched at Tottenham.

Jul 20, 2012
Yes he is, that's why I said best young Cms besides Pogba, meaning after him.

And of course they are different players, but I do find it a bit weird that you of all people, being almost obsessed with Lamela coming to Juve and mentioning him at every opportunity criticise others for wanting Veratti.

Their situations are obviously very different, and I actually rate Lamela, but Veratti is a key player at PSG while the Lamela is perma-benched at Tottenham.
Im not obessed with lamela. I like him as a player but my obession with him is based on him being a winger.

Im not hating on people who rate Veratti, but i dont see how it will improve the overall shape and quality of this squad.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Im not obessed with lamela. I like him as a player but my obession with him is based on him being a winger.

Im not hating on people who rate Veratti, but i dont see how it will improve the overall shape and quality of this squad.
A creative midfielder that can also play in both a deeper and more advanced position. If we get both we can even play something like a 4-2-3-1. We can't ONLY have Pirlo as the only creative midfielder in our squad forever.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's interesting indeed. If you check Conte's past interviews/press conferences you'll surely notice how many times he singled himself out as a 'coach who gets the best out of players that the management provides him with'.
That's the same for any coach in Italy, and many other leagues, because a coach works with players someone else signs and who they have some input (varies) towards choosing.

I think you're misrepresenting Conte's comments of 'I don't have the players to play 4-3-3' as 'I want to play 4-3-3 all the time'. That's not the same thing.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
That's the same for any coach in Italy, and many other leagues, because a coach works with players someone else signs and who they have some input (varies) towards choosing.

I think you're misrepresenting Conte's comments of 'I don't have the players to play 4-3-3' as 'I want to play 4-3-3 all the time'. That's not the same thing.
No manager should play the same formation 'all the time'. I don't even want him to.

3-5-2 is perfect for Serie A, and our 2 Scudettos proves it. The problem is though in Europe and against top teams with great wingers. That's when 4-3-3 should come in.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
No manager should play the same formation 'all the time'. I don't even want him to.

3-5-2 is perfect for Serie A, and our 2 Scudettos proves it. The problem is though in Europe and against top teams with great wingers. That's when 4-3-3 should come in.
I think he'd like the option, for sure.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
This team needs one player:

Cuadrado. Spend the budget on him, then bring back Berardi, Gabbiadini and take back Marrone for midfield cover and sell the deadwood and we're looking at a perfect Summer.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
No thanks. 12m not worth it at all. I saw him play the other day and I rather play Marchisio as a regista or buy back Marrone who I think would be a good back up.
Marino values Baselli at 12M. He'll never get that. Marotta will shake him down, and probably offer him 4-5M for half his contract and then we'll leave Baselli with Atalanta to develop.

If we can't afford Verratti, it may be wise to invest into this kid, because Pirlo's time is coming to an end soon.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
No more registas please, not youngsters, not Alonso. No more.

We should buy Criscito regardless of if Pogba leaves or not. Same with Cuadrados half.

Then, if Pogba stays we bring in somebody like Mandzukic. If he leaves, we go after Suarez for 50Mill or slightly more. That leaves us a few mill (Beppe himself said he won't consider offers under 60M)

We could just bank that or whatever.

In Criscito (12M?) This is guesswork tbh.

Cuadrados half (10-15M)

Mandzukic (If Pogba stays) 15-20M

Out

Giovinco 10M

Quags :( 6M (Prefer he stays tbh)

Vucinic 8-10M

Bonucci possibly. 20M from Monaco. (Optional depending on our budget)

The dead weight players for a few mill pocket change.

I expect and hope Pogba to stay, but if he goes I expect a mega signing. It's only right if we get an inflated sum of oil cash for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)