Wishlist and General Juve winter mercato talk (2013-14) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
If the right offer came in for Lictsteiner I'd sell him, right/left backs have a shelf life and Lict is fast approaching his (there are some exceptions like Cafu), but by the time they hit 29/30 most decline, they can't cope with the demands of the position. Zambrotta was finished the summer we sold him, and he was the same age Lict is now. Maicon was the same.

Lict cannot cross if his life depended on it, he's solid defensively but the modern RB has to be able to do both, we cannot have 2 defensive wing backs in the same team. It kills us at times, and especially in Europe.

Marchisio can go also, if Monaco come back again we should not think twice.

Quag and the midget would be on the sellable list also, so would PDC but it seems nobody in the league wants him.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
My favorite formation is a 4-2-3-1.
I was this forum's first and biggest fan of it, when people still jerked off at other formations and later 4-3-3.

A true 4-2-3-1 is played with inside forwards or wingers. SO yeah, i do value wings (that cut inside or go round for a cross/cutback cross)

Thing is, 2 wingers and a trequartista, tevez benched, vidal and pogba in inferior roles ?

We need about 100 mil and NO sales of any significant players, to pull that off.
Allow me

Buffon

Lichtsteiner - Barzagli - Chiellini - Asamoah

Vidal - Pogba

Lucas - Draxxler - Lavezzi

Llorente​

I'd totally go wings with that. if we had 100 mil somehow
I agree,we can't afford good level wingers.
I think the best we can do is Nani and Menez.(Berardi?Biabiany?Ibarbo?...) is it worth pushing Tevez/Llorente to the bench?or Pushing Tevez to wing?
We can't play 2 wingers(say Nani,Menez)+Tevez+Llorente all together.

I also think that if we can't afford good wingers,than go for a good LB/LWB - Kolarov/Coentrao/Santon - the ~15mil guys who will be good enough to play there.
And go for another creative CAM/AM/SS to play alongside Tevez and help him.Llorente will be the poacher.
Can't say who will be available for 20mil max but i pretty sure we can find one.Rakitic for example can be a good option.
The cheaper options in Italy would be Diamanti,Cerci...i hope we won't go there.

*AM-Tevez
Llorente

or

*AM
Llorente-Tevez​
If each "True" Juventus fan donated $30 to the transfer kitty, we might be able to get someone :weee: :D
Tbh I would do that. I love the club enough but my pathetic $30 won't be much help :D
:D
I would ofcourse do that too,but to help it should be atleast 500k-1m people to be helpfull.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Nicholas

No. Not really. We need to free Asamoah to play in his preferred position, where he can give so much more (go watch some Ghana matches and you will see how much of a beast he is in the center) and get a decent LB/LWB with more attacking impetus who can cross. Then, in the summer, focus on getting a creative and versatile player in the final 3rd (a creative CAM/WF hybrid).

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck we could used de Bruyne...
Our management probably never heard of him :D

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
@Nicholas

No. Not really. We need to free Asamoah to play in his preferred position, where he can give so much more (go watch some Ghana matches and you will see how much of a beast he is in the center) and get a decent LB/LWB with more attacking impetus who can cross. Then, in the summer, focus on getting a creative and versatile player in the final 3rd (a creative CAM/WF hybrid).

- - - Updated - - -

Our management probably never heard of him :D
A-f'n-men. I am sick to death of seeing Asa at LWB, play the man in his natural role. and Buy Lulic or someone who can cross a football.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
so we cant afford a quality am or wingback, but we can afford a winger ? and move tevez out of position ?

and have pogba and vidal cover more

What winger do you have in mind, ronaldo ?
No need to be sarcastic. Ronaldo will never play for Juve.

Taking Tevez out of position? You overreact with this one. You make it sound like he's a limited player who can't dribble, cross or drop to the flank at times which he does a lot in 352.

Like I said there are more wingers on the market than AMs and wingbacks. To get a wingback who would be a significant upgrade over Asamoah you'd probably have to buy Marcelo at best and Coentrao at worst. Coentrao is affordable but you will be left with no money for a quality AM which will cost fortune. Besides I'm against basing everything on AM especially if we keep Pirlo. Now that would limit Pogba and Vidal a lot.

Somehow when we used to play 433 under Conte Vidal and Marchisio weren't limited at all. Both were scoring a lot of goals and making those runs into the box. I don't know where you took it from but it's nonsense.

As for winger who I'd see coming here I have no doubts we can't do better than a 15-20m signing. If we can spend 16m on rotation player like Nainggolan I'm sure we could use those money to ask for Nani for example. If his situation doesn't improve we could be able to get him for 18-20m. As for being more realistic I expect nothing more than Berardi/Bonaventura type of singing though.

So to summarize what I'd like to see:
Nani - Llorente - Tevez

Where Nani drifts out wide to beat his man and cross as he can do it really well which suits Llorente a lot. Tevez would be playing more centrally and cutting inside a lot to make those one-twos we currently see from him and Llorente. He would be supported by Pogba/LB to cover left flank though.

What I expect though is:
Berardi/Bonaventura - Llorente - Tevez

Call it 433 or 4321 as you like it's pretty much the same.

Nainggolan

:nico:

Players given his ok, Cagliari have agreed to loan with redemption. E fatta!
He'll do well but we have higher priorities imo. It will limit us so much. Still no wingers and we insist on playing possession football while we can't string 3 passes together in Europe. I like and rate Nainggolan but he costs too much as for a rotation player.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
What if Conte has in mind a diamond formation similar to how Milan used to line up in Europe with Pogba as a AM?
And why would be it Pogba? He never tried him there.

I'm not sure about it. You can't really compare our diamond to Milan's. They had a younger Pirlo at his prime and Kaka. Our midfield is physical but not creative as ti stands, especially with Pirlo injured.

BottomLine

Dec 23, 2012
We can't allow ourselves to play 4-3-1-2. ANY GOOD TEAM WITH DECENT WINGS will tear us apart. 2013-14 is NOT 2007, so don't try to compare. 4-3-2-1 with RCAM and LCAM is fine, as long as the AMs will help defending the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)