Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (78 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
People hating on Chicharito :lol: that dude will score in almost every game in Serie A. That speed and finishing is what we've been lacking up front for a while. All those meaningless balls we throw in the opponent's box? He'll thrive off of that shit. He'll make Bonucci look like the God of assists.
I wouldnt mind adding him.

I mean, he's the same type as giovinco, but with actual talent and skill

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The league is not that bad that player like Chicarito would make an impact. Regardless of what few trolls here believe it's still a quality competition. Chicarito is a useless player and we should stay away from him.
The league is pretty bad when a player like Gervinho can have a big impact and Luca Toni almost won the capocannonieri. Chicharito is better than both of them.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
If you consider the quality of Serie A now and then, the comparison isn't that far off.

Plus if we play Chelsea in CL, we'll get a guaranteed goal
I don't dislike Chicharito as a reserve, but there are far better strikers in Serie A that don't "destroy everything" as you suggest. Not necessarily ours, even Higuain for example, a player that scored big even in Spain, regarded as a "top league" (even if their low teams defense are worst than ours, but still...). The player you was talking about in that post was the first Chelsea's Drogba. ;)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
A cheap loan move for Chicharito would be good. Nothing to lose, maybe he can regain his confidence and form. I personally think he'll do well.

A loan + an obligation to buy for 15M+ is very steep, and I hope its not that.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Either way even if he did rediscover his early United form he'd still be beyond useless in the CL in big games where we don't spoon feed him with chances

Chicharito, in any form, is an absolute passenger who has to be carried. He won't help defend, he can't pass, he can't hold the ball up well and offers legitimately NOTHING outside of the 18 yard box

So even if he raped Serie A and took Llorentes spot next season, in latter CL games he'd be the most annoying fucker to watch and we'd all be hurling abuse at him because he's a possession recycling machine

Homeless mans Falcao

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I wouldnt mind adding him.

I mean, he's the same type as giovinco, but with actual talent and skill
:agree:

I don't dislike Chicharito as a reserve, but there are far better strikers in Serie A that don't "destroy everything" as you suggest. Not necessarily ours, even Higuain for example, a player that scored big even in Spain, regarded as a "top league" (even if their low teams defense are worst than ours, but still...). The player you was talking about in that post was the first Chelsea's Drogba. ;)
I personally dislike Higuain and don't rate him but yeah, there are better strikers in Serie A. Not many though and the fact that mediocre and old players seem to thrive in Italy says enough imo.

Either way even if he did rediscover his early United form he'd still be beyond useless in the CL in big games where we don't spoon feed him with chances

Chicharito, in any form, is an absolute passenger who has to be carried. He won't help defend, he can't pass, he can't hold the ball up well and offers legitimately NOTHING outside of the 18 yard box

So even if he raped Serie A and took Llorentes spot next season, in latter CL games he'd be the most annoying fucker to watch and we'd all be hurling abuse at him because he's a possession recycling machine

Homeless mans Falcao
Then don't play him in late stage CL games. As if we'll get there to begin with.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The league is pretty bad when a player like Gervinho can have a big impact and Luca Toni almost won the capocannonieri. Chicharito is better than both of them.
35 yo Dario Hubner was cappocanoniere of Serie A, season 2001/02, while the league was pretty strong, probably the best in Europe. It's by no means an indication of the current state. Toni had few very good players like Iturbe, Jorginho, Romulo and a good system in place that helped him to rediscover his previous form; he was WC player once, unlike Chicharito.

DelPirlo

Dec 26, 2013
:agree:

I personally dislike Higuain and don't rate him but yeah, there are better strikers in Serie A. Not many though and the fact that mediocre and old players seem to thrive in Italy says enough imo.

Then don't play him in late stage CL games. As if we'll get there to begin with.
Well chicharito was vital to the UCL campaign in 2011. He scored vs Marseille, vs Chelsea and had amazing matches against aschalke to get to the final. If he could replicate that form here, it would be amazing. He just has his confidence shattered, but he's still a great goalscorer. He has 36 for country, as well (3 of those in WCs against Argentina, France and Croatia).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)