Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (69 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
All these damn clubs take our ridiculously cheap co-owned deals in a heartbeat, and get to use them for years on end for 1/2 the price of an already cheap deal. Then they play serious hard ball when we come calling back

Thank God co-ownerships will be eradicated next season, teams abuse us all the time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah I seen that a second ago

Would definitely take him, every time I watch Benfica in the CL/EL he really does a job at the back.

I know he's old but he's obviously never been one to rely on speed or lightning quick reactions.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21,265
    I'll check when his contract is up. If it's 2015 maybe we could get him for cheap but still it's Benfica.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    Not even the mighty Benfica can demand loads for an old man surely.

Wouldn't put it past them though.

Maybe we give them 2 shit players of our own, they hype them up for 3 years and sell them for 20M a piece?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    As long as we get away from 3-5-2, where most of our creativity comes from Pirlo, or Bonucci who frequently blasts long balls when Pirlo is shut down, wingbacks that are way to predictable when moving forward, it's all good; 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1, etc... we have the personnel to pull this off. Hopefully Allegri realizes limitations during this preseason period to avoid repeating Conte's mistakes. Positives were his willingness to try other formations till now, something Conte was very reluctant to do.

WHich take us to my next question.

We are pretty advanced in the preseason already...with a couple weeks before the first serie A game is played. Bar a couple formatin switch with subs... i have not seen allegri trying to adapt the team to any new formation and instead is starting all games with 352.

I think it would be wiser to start games with our formation to learn, rather than to switch to different formations with 15 mins left in every friendly.
    It seems to me that for now, is not priority for him to change the 352. This worries me.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21,269
    He's 33. For cheap we should move for him. If not and we have cash for Manolas then go for him. He's young. Basa and Schär would be nice too. Höwedes though :tuttosport: but he'll be too pricey.

- - - Updated - - -

@Mark what's your opinion on the Vidal saga?! Is there any truth in it? You see him leaving or staying?
    I see him stay. Next year 50/50.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Could you name some defenders you do trust?
    Guys like thiago Silva is what we need, but we will not get him.
    To be honest, what im pointing is that we dont need players like bonucci. Who we need and could be in our budget range? i dont know, ill leave that to Marotta.
    But i repeat, our defensive line is worrysome.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    WHich take us to my next question.

We are pretty advanced in the preseason already...with a couple weeks before the first serie A game is played. Bar a couple formatin switch with subs... i have not seen allegri trying to adapt the team to any new formation and instead is starting all games with 352.

I think it would be wiser to start games with our formation to learn, rather than to switch to different formations with 15 mins left in every friendly.
    It seems to me that for now, is not priority for him to change the 352. This worries me.
    Of course he is not going to change a tactic that has been working well for 3 seasons in a row from the start of the season.
    If it doesn't do the trick anymore he will change it, or maybe in Europe, definately not at the start of the season.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    I know, but it wouldnt be better to try things now in this meanigless games?. Its better than to be gambling when points are at stake.
    It would, but it is also smart for the nex guys to get used to the 3-5-2 which worked for us in the past (in the league) and it looks like that is what Allegri has been doing up until now in the friendlies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
    Luisao, is this a joke ? He's the same age as Barzagli... If that's the option I'd rather just keep Sorensen...

I know, but it wouldnt be better to try things now in this meanigless games?. Its better than to be gambling when points are at stake.
    He is trying things. This squad is new to him. If we'll start in our 3-5-2 he must learn how our players fit into it obviously.

blacknwhite

Aug 7, 2014
    He's 33. For cheap we should move for him. If not and we have cash for Manolas then go for him. He's young. Basa and Schär would be nice too. Höwedes though :tuttosport: but he'll be too pricey.
    Höwedes is average. Hes a guy like Ranocchia: He was very hyped in younger years but never made it to a Top-defender.

Höwedes isnt even one of the best defenders in bundesliga. even a sub like sokratis (BVB) is a much better defender than him.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    Luisao, Howedes, Cronios' nephew and all them other shit defenders should stay where they are. We need to bring back Sorenson, sell Bonucci for 25mil. A defensive set of Caceres, Chiellini, Barzagli, Licht, Sorenson, Evra, Asamoah (lb/cm) is not bad at all and there is cover for them in players like Romulu and Padoin.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21,279

- - - Updated - - -

Im serious. In the german national team he is fourth choice CB after boateng, hummels, mertesacker and soon maybe even badstuber (back from injury). in my opinion hes very overrated and he gets often massively (and rightly) critisized in germany (except from schalke-fans).
    I'd still take him over BonBon, Ogbonna...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)