Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan5

Aug 1, 2014
That just doesn't make sense to me.. Maybe we've got a good offer for him.. Maybe Caceres? Barzagli is getting older but we're more then covered IMO.
Still going to play a good bit of 3 atb, so depth is always welcomed...especially someone young for the future. Would much prefer spending on an attacker if we had to choose, though.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
So much incoming, someone have to go to balance it. Considering we only loaned Isla and Sorensen, I think Ogbonna might be sold if seal this deal.

DanTheMan5

Aug 1, 2014
Ogbonna is 26, Bonucci and Caceres 27 - there's no urge to sign youth IMO..
I much prefer us moving for Lavezzi or an attacker (CAM/winger), but if we could move Ogbonna and bring in Manolas for close to the same 10-12m then I am fine with it. If he comes in 1 of the 3 you mentioned will be heading out I would think.

DanTheMan5

Aug 1, 2014
Was Barzagli even that good at 26-27. I think a lot were labeling him either a flop or an overhyped CB.
Is a good point, CBs tend to peak at a much later age than other players. Probably has to do with the fact that CB requires a tactical understanding even more than physical ability, unlike a lot of other positions. Much rather keep Bonucci than Ogbonna, but wouldn't mind Manolas replacing Ogbonna. Either way I see a creative attacker as much higher priority than defender.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is a good point, CBs tend to peak at a much later age than other players. Probably has to do with the fact that CB requires a tactical understanding even more than physical ability, unlike a lot of other positions. Much rather keep Bonucci than Ogbonna, but wouldn't mind Manolas replacing Ogbonna. Either way I see a creative attacker as much higher priority than defender.
I recall members here frustrated that we even signed him. Even before that thankfully "dodging a bullet" when he went to Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)