Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (55 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19,944
    Tomorrow's headlines.

• Jovetic new target. - CdS..........Negredo's out right? Didn't they say JoJo is staying there?
    • Evra arrives. Romulo deal unblocked. - GdS
    • Marotta still looking for a forward. - TS

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    Nope, we can't. Not without investments instead of this utopian 'self sustainable' dream we have, in where we magically make profit AND spend big on top players without any outside help whatsoever.

Which to me sounds impossible in Serie A.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Nope, we can't. Not without investments instead of this utopian 'self sustainable' dream we have, in where we magically make profit AND spend big on top players without any outside help whatsoever.

Which to me sounds impossible in Serie A.
    It isn't impossible, it will just take time. The stadium cost us 100 million euros, with the Continassa project costing us AT LEAST 60 million more. The way I see it, we'll unfortunately have to be pre-2013 Arsenal for a while.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    I rather Alvarez than Guarin.
    looking at our signings so far I agree Alvarez would be a better use for us but don't think merda will let go. basically not worth the effort,time and money they'd ask
    Also I think all this talk about a quality attacking midfielder coming is bogus. I think we'll be seeing Pereyra as a trequartista a lot next season. Who knows maybe he'll turn out to be good?
    nah, Pereyra will be rotating with our cm's. he lacks vision and technical ability to play there. we're better off to play Marchisio there if that's the case. Pereyra's just a physical midfield player with some drive. he won't turn into kaka over night.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be rooting for them this coming season. I doubt they challenge for the title but winning a cup would be awesome.
    :disagree:
    I thought you were an arsenal fan!

nah but seriously I'd also watch their matches if I catch em live on TV here and there.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
    Jan 28, 2013
    Any further word on Vidal to ManU? Hoping this nightmare saga around him ends with his stay.

The waiting is killing me and a few of my friends who are ManU supporters all think it's a done deal after El Mercurio reported it to be so.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    I think Allegri knows what he wants to play and I highly doubt the 3-5-2 is going to be used often if not ever again. Clearly based on Evra joining the team was going to move to a back 4. I think Conte wanted this as well.

The question for me is whether Allegri is happy with Pereyra playing as that connecting player from midfield to the forwards. He isn't Zidane by any stretch of the imagination but I can see him having the attributes that a coach like Allegri likes. I'm thinking it is a role where Allegri wants a player who has some offensive skills but also drops back and really helps out that midfield. A bit like Lippi used Marchisio when in charge of the NT. For me this would be a waste and clearly we'll penetration and skill in that final third but I bet my left nut Allegri will sacrifice creativity in the final third.

With Marotta clearly stating it is one more forward and defender...it's a certainty that we are not bringing in a classy player in.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Tactics are important but what that is more important is to know how to motivate the team!
    Conte is a master at this therefore our team broke the Serie A record!
    Allegri on the other hand... just ask Zlatan...
    As a tactican I guess there are worse

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    To be fair Conte wasn't that great of a tactician...as you mention clearly his hunger, drive and motivation filtered through the players and we were able to dominate Italy. That wasn't something that was able to get us through the CL though. You face teams that have that motivation, hunger, drive etc...plus the tactical ability to stop you and get the results they need.

Whether Allegri can get us further or not is the big question??? I think changing formation to a back 4 will automatically help us in the CL. My fear is that we still lack creativity in the final third. Unless Coman can pull a Pogba and become a star overnight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)