Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24,261
    and interesting tweet from James Rodriguez's agent saying he hopes to congratulate Falcao tomorrow.

That could mean congratulating him because he'll joining his client or just because he's Colombian like him. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I case about every ignorant peasant who doesnt reject knowledge
    :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    Zach often reminds me of helpless wasps on a hot summer day. Like a poor insect, he unknowingly gets trapped inside the house. He keeps pounding against the closed window not realizing that the window above him is completely open.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Zach often reminds me of helpless wasps on a hot summer day. Like a poor insect, he unknowingly gets trapped inside the house. He keeps pounding against the closed window not realizing that the window above him is completely open.
    Thats what a fly or a bee does, but very rarely wasps unless disoriented by lack of nutrients.

Wasps are the clever creatures who's only purpose is to kill the first thing they come across

- - - Updated - - -

Small note, without wasps we would be overflowed by all kind of parasites and insects, cause wasps act as an aggressive controll on those by killing them

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Hilter lost WWII wich he really couldnt lose by sending a very large part of his army to kill the joke called the russian army at that time. But because of dysinteria and the extremely cold winter, germany lost the eastfront cause they werent adapted to such harsh circumstances, while russia let millions die in a sieged town, only to surround and conqueror the remaining minority of germand still alive.

People talk of normandy and heroics. but if germany would tell russia to $#@! off and not find it so funny to fight "tanks versus horse", and just protected their east border and arm their defences as they should, normandy would have easely been repelled
    That relationship between Russia and Germany was always going to be uneasy and very volatile, the two opposing ideologies (regardless of similarities in reality) forced it to be so. Hitler thought he would strike first. What was silly was the lack of coordination with Japan and the Kwantung Army. If Japan had invaded the Soviet Union from the east rather than attacking America's interests in the South Pacific, the war might have swung very differently.

But with America entering the war, regardless of Hitler's invasion of Russia, it would have just been a matter of time. The resources of the Soviet Union were too vast for Germany to not be tempted and make an attempt to take them. Without the resources, Germany would have eventually been drained and lost the war in Western Europe. Unless Germany had developed a nuclear weapon to go along with those V2 rockets. America's resources were too vast though, and the Russian-German "alliance" never really allowed for Germany to receive Russian resources.

Strange to think about different possibilities. That possible Japan-Germany coordination of an attack on Russia would have been an interesting one for the future of Europe and Asia at the time.

You ever read Gravity's Rainbow by Pynchon, Zach? Interesting tale of the V2 rockets and Psychic warfare and other such craziness.

But back to the mercato. It's fun to kid around about Falcao coming. It's so implausible that all the rumours linking him here are really quite amusing. It's kind of similar to the ManU-Vidal saga that somehow still hasn't ended. The chances there of a transfer were pretty much as impossible, especially in the last week, yet somehow the majority of ManU fans were positive that if they wanted him, he was theirs. Falcao to Juve is just an entertaining bit of fun.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
    Off topic: japan attacking russia at ww2? That would've served no purpose whatsoever for japan and how the fuck must they send their armies 5000 thousand miles through wilderness to the west for that and at the same time inevitably risking the defense at whole asian territories they conquered?

On topic

Was there any indication on how much we proposed to monaco for falcao? Or it never was anything?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I don't mean attacking European Russia, I more so meant Asian Russia. Pressing out of Manchuria and China, to force Russia to commit troops to the East, rather than Russia having nothing to worry about in their Eastern territories and focusing everything on the German Front. It would have done wonders for Germany's campaign to have Japan occupying Russian attention at the back door, in a rather resource rich area as well. It didn't happen so pointless to consider I suppose.

Back on-topic.

Someone mentioned something about 8 mil was offered for the loan, but Monaco wanted 12. But I'm assuming that's pure speculation.

PowerNedved

Mar 21, 2014
    I still dont get why we use Marchisio as regista, if Pirlo is not fit then change the formation because we dont have another regista. 3-4-2-1 is the answer.

------------Buffon
    --Caceres--Bonucci--Ogbonna
    Licht----Vidal----Pogba----Asamoah
    -------Tevez-----Coman
    -----------Llorente

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    That relationship between Russia and Germany was always going to be uneasy and very volatile, the two opposing ideologies (regardless of similarities in reality) forced it to be so. Hitler thought he would strike first. What was silly was the lack of coordination with Japan and the Kwantung Army. If Japan had invaded the Soviet Union from the east rather than attacking America's interests in the South Pacific, the war might have swung very differently.

But with America entering the war, regardless of Hitler's invasion of Russia, it would have just been a matter of time. The resources of the Soviet Union were too vast for Germany to not be tempted and make an attempt to take them. Without the resources, Germany would have eventually been drained and lost the war in Western Europe. Unless Germany had developed a nuclear weapon to go along with those V2 rockets. America's resources were too vast though, and the Russian-German "alliance" never really allowed for Germany to receive Russian resources.

Strange to think about different possibilities. That possible Japan-Germany coordination of an attack on Russia would have been an interesting one for the future of Europe and Asia at the time.

You ever read Gravity's Rainbow by Pynchon, Zach? Interesting tale of the V2 rockets and Psychic warfare and other such craziness.

But back to the mercato. It's fun to kid around about Falcao coming. It's so implausible that all the rumours linking him here are really quite amusing. It's kind of similar to the ManU-Vidal saga that somehow still hasn't ended. The chances there of a transfer were pretty much as impossible, especially in the last week, yet somehow the majority of ManU fans were positive that if they wanted him, he was theirs. Falcao to Juve is just an entertaining bit of fun.
    Currently reading a huge book about WWII, the chapter I'm currently on is Germany invading Russia, haven't finished the book but basically Germany would have successfully invaded Russia had it not been for the winter freezing all of Germany's military weapons and stifling their attack. They were so close to taking Moscow. The Russian army was a shambles.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Fun is a bj in the back seat of your car from a fugly chick while your friend drives and makes funny comments about your standards in women...

this on the other hand...

maybe i should go to sleep.
    Random post is random.

:lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)