Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2012-13) Part 2 (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Defensively he is awesome.
You don't like him in attack heh? Well, these weeks without him really made me appreciate him even more.

In fairness, it's not easy to be a good wingback for this Juve, when Gio and Mirko are playing as strikers it makes zero sense to put in a cross. Penetrating runs in the box aren't usefull either with Marchisio and Vidal doing exactly the same. They can help a bit on the counter, but that's about it.

The best they can do is to stay wide and try to stretch the play and when they receive the ball to try and dribble yourself in the box. Not an easy task at all.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You don't like him in attack heh? Well, these weeks without him really made me appreciate him even more.

In fairness, it's not easy to be a good wingback for this Juve, when Gio and Mirko are playing as strikers it makes zero sense to put in a cross. Penetrating runs in the box aren't usefull either with Marchisio and Vidal doing exactly the same. They can help a bit on the counter, but that's about it.

The best they can do is to stay wide and try to stretch the play and when they receive the ball to try and dribble yourself in the box. Not an easy task at all.
What happens most of the time though is that he gives the ball away after doing a wonderful defensive work to recover it.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i think asamoh would do better going frward as a fullback because he wuld rely on his pace to overlap the winger and go for a pass cross near the byline.

as a lwb he has the whole flank to himself and by the time he gets the ball there is usualy 1-2 players marking him.

don't know how he would do as a fullback defensively though

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
i think asamoh would do better going frward as a fullback because he wuld rely on his pace to overlap the winger and go for a pass cross near the byline.

as a lwb he has the whole flank to himself and by the time he gets the ball there is usualy 1-2 players marking him.

Trololol :lol2:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

The same can be said about Lichtsteiner too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
whats the use of having a robben, if the opposing asamoah shuts him down the entire game, and pushes up the play all to his 16 yard box ?

Thats how i think of asamoah and licht.

We got other players for creativity.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Actually not.

Marchisio is injured
vucinic is injured
Vidal isnt neccecarely a creative player, more a runner
Pirlo is a bit out of form, but also marked like fuck because its the only creative player we got

giovinco failing to fill vucinic boots in his abscense, thats the worst part

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
whats the use of having a robben, if the opposing asamoah shuts him down the entire game, and pushes up the play all to his 16 yard box ?

Thats how i think of asamoah and licht.

We got other players for creativity.
I agree. Fullbacks must be solid defensively and useful offensively, none should expect them to be creative.. Marcelo for an offensive creative wingback suck defensively..

I think the real problem is that we have too much defensive duties.. Some players must be either defenders or attackers. When you play with three man in defense the midfielders must be offensive and take chances. Sticking to a draw until the break will not cut it for us.. I say we let Vidal go forward and take deep runs and let Barzagli cover his azz more then we've seen it so far. One of Licht and Vidal MUST be more offensive IMO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)