Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (57 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
And you wouldn't call Quag wasteful? The boy refuses to score easy goals. They are pretty close to each other regarding goals per game during their respective careers (with Matri being better if measuring just serie A), but whereas Matri is a CF Quag excels as a SS where he can wander around, pass and take those long shots of his.

I'm not saying that a €20M offer for Matri should be just dismissed, but I do feel that the notion of Quag replacing him as a CF is ludicrous.
matri is not useful in our game , the guy can't stop a ball , has it difficult in one-twos doesn't hold the ball , that is why i think that conte has chosen quag,borrielo over him in many occasions

I think the best display by a cf this season was the first match of vucinic against milan

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Deep C

It's not as ludicrous as it may sound my friend. This season we have done so well with what we have @ our disposal. Both Matri and Quag can be sacrificed for the right amount of money; they are not indispensable, and wouldn't be too difficult to replace. Ideally, we can/should keep both.

Cavani or whoever the top notch CF we are planing to acquire will start the important games. Give Quag/Matri run outs against the smaller teams or in less important/significant fixtures. Oh, and Quag is most definitely wasteful as well. I'm not going to deny that. However, Conte had proven to be flexible and astute tactically, so I'm sure he'll find a way to adjust his formation accordingly ;)

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
That's funny because the last game where he got on instead of Boriello, the most marked difference, I thought, was that we could now expect to retain possession when playing up on our CF. He mightn't be inclined to the intricate 1-2 work of Vuci and Quag, but I still believe in a balanced attack - something that was most notably conspicuous by its absence in the Barca-Chelsea game last night.

That means that support strikers such as Quag and Vuci need more direct CFs such as Matri or (well, in theory anyway) Borriello.

---------- Post added 25.04.2012 at 16:31 ----------

And I'll reiterate, I won't mind getting rid of Matri if that mythical 20M offer comes in, provided we get a top CF such as Cavani and a decent out and out CF as back up (ie. not support strikers pretending to be CFs).

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Quagliarella is a hybrid striker IMO. He could be a SS and a CF. He scored just as many goals as Matri last season when he was fit. I would not mind giving up Matri for a CF like Cavani or a large sum of money. Quag is more than enough IMO to alternative with Cavani, if we were to sign him.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I'm starting to sound like a Matri fan boy, which I am not, but at least Matri has had a 20 Serie A goals season.

I also don't think anyone would pay 20M for Matri and would also like to keep Quag (as I don't see anyone paying the money we'd want for him either), and as such having a realistic strike force of Cavani/Vucinic/Matri/Quagliarella/Ramirez plus PepeGiaccherini for the more withdrawn wing roles.

Now using Quag/Matri in swap deals is of course a more realistic option, I'd say.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
matri is not useful in our game , the guy can't stop a ball , has it difficult in one-twos doesn't hold the ball , that is why i think that conte has chosen quag,borrielo over him in many occasions

I think the best display by a cf this season was the first match of vucinic against milan
no one said that when he banged those goals + that goal against milan...with all due respect to del piero, quag, boriello - he's more useful in a 4-3-3 than all of them together.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
blʘndu;3633299 said:
no one said that when he banged those goals + that goal against milan...with all due respect to del piero, quag, boriello - he's more useful in a 4-3-3 than all of them together.
scoring a goal against milan doesn't change anything for me , he still can't do the things i said , i agree that in current condition he is better than quag and borrielo probably , but i am 99% sure that if borrielo makes the athletic preparation with us and quag makes the preparation while he is fully fit they will both perform much better than him

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
matri from what i see is a striker that gives depth which also helps a defensively (althrough today almost everyone helps defensively) , he is like a cavani but much much worse in every aspect

---------- Post added 25.04.2012 at 16:58 ----------

Quag yes; Borriello no fucking way. The only athletics he's doing are in his bedroom.
Yes Borrielo :D

May 4, 2004
How the $#@! are we supposed to get Nani?

He would be perfect as our RW, though.
I'm sure we would get him for around 25m€.. He is not playing alot and Man United wants Hazard.. Anyway it was just a wish :) I think he would fit perfect in that team, and also be able to track back when needed. Licht would also be happy to have a player like Nani in front and on the same side as him..

Nani doesn't work defensively enough like Pepe.
Haha :p Pepe can teach him to.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Are you saying we should keep Borriello? :p

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccck Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

No i am not saying we should keep him , i am saying that he would be better if we actually kept him
For next season i would sell matri get a top striker , not sell quag and buy half destro and we have 3 players for one spot ,
Top as main striker
Quag for rotation
And destro to grow
In cases of emergency vucinic can play there too

Just to state the obvious but borrielo has done much more than matri in his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)