Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
It's not the case of one or the other, mate. Obviously we're not talking about stacking up names with retarded figures, noone here neither ask nor expect that to happen, most of our current players deserve to play in CL anyway, tho it'd be a true test of their quality ;however, I don't buy that with this club reputation and power, we simply can't get a high profile player if we really planned to. This is not Udinese the way Zach would have you believed.
Nobody said it had to be one or the other? I was pretty much agreeing with him that we should be smarter now (which the club is trying) and over the next few years grow back to pre Calciopoli levels, instead of putting the club at risk by demanding several big names. I think with smart spending a lot can be done with the position this club is currently in. Winning the league won't have a significant change on that, we've already got a reputation. Quite ridiculous in fact. Unbeaten team, challenging for every competition they entered, new stadium and playing good football under Conte, CL almost a certainty. Compared to last season "Juventus don't win coppa every year", Delneri, 7th place and out of even the Europa League. Juventus is in a better position for a quality name now, and might be more competitive with wages and what we have to offer. Would sort of be disappointed if we have to settle for a lesser name again.

Cavani overrated :sergio:

Now Ive heard it all on these forums. He's easily a top 5 CF in the world. Why do people keep bringing up his Palermo form as if its some sort of indicator of his actual current ability?

He was a youngster fresh out of Uruguay and played on the wing most of the time and his scoring record was still not bad at all. Not his fault the other coaches preferred gronks like Amauri and Miccoli ahead of him. If I recall correctly he was fairly prolific in his last season with them anyway.

He is my number one choice for the CF role along with Van Persie. He knows Serie A well, still fairly young and is extremely prolific and works hard for the team. Not a lazy player at all. The perfect modern striker. And lol @ those who think he is nothing more than a tap in merchant/poacher.
He had scored more than 10 goals a season in his final years with Palermo, but I'm also quite surprised he's considered overrated. I think last summer there might have been a case for it, but over the last season we've seen he's kept up that form, scored goals and put in great performances against Champions League teams. Also won Copa America. He's proven everything he needs to.

I also agree with Suns (I think) assessment of him, the work rate is absolutely insane, and he keeps that up for the entire 90 minutes. I really think Conte would love him.

I remember some called him the new Amauri. :D

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Iceland does have some promising youngsters that may turn out to be something good. Gudmundsson (winger) impressed me in the game between AZ and Valencia and the other guy Sigthorsson (forward) is already a goalscoring machine. He was unlucky with a injury this season but has still managed to score 6 goals in 9 games for Ajax. Those guys aren't any big names but I'm sure they will be.
I read a rumor we put in a bid for Gylfi Sigurdsson. This guy got a wicked shot and he quite creative as well.

Jovetic + Cavani would be awesome. Both are young players who are hungry for success and are hardworking. Could be Conte's type of footballer.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
i'm afraid napoli will refuse to allow him to talk to us cause they'll get simular offers from other teams

---------- Post added 09.04.2012 at 01:48 ----------

hamsik doesnt fit in our system
he isnt an upgrade to the midfield, potentially competition. i have high fate in our current 3

frontline, cant play cf, isnt worth the cash over vucinic, actually vucinic in his day is just better.
for the right, nah, just nah
Hamsik doesnt fit in our system?! Thats a good question does he fit?!
He is an attacking midfielder who from what I have seen can also drift wide so one of the supporting 2 in a 4-3-3 formation will suit him IMO
3-5-2 is different and there is the question does he fit or not - I dont know

Not an upgrade to the midfield? He is a very different player to those 3 and the only one I can even think of comparing to is Marchisio and Hamsik is definitely more talented even if Marchisio is an excellent team player.

As long as we don't sign Hamsik. This guy is really overrated.
Or maybe he is underated by you and some other members

He has a good technique good passing skills and a great shot + he is quite fast.
Its true he isnt performing like his usual self lately but even so he still got 7 goals and 7 assists this season

And like the others said I cant believe anyone would say no to Cavani

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Cavani overrated? Not a hope, the man has everything, and he even works hard too. He is the total package in my view.

Man City cannot buy every great striker out there, we are bound to get one of them. Marotta should go to ADL and throw down €65mill for Cavani and Lavezzi. Done deal :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It seems Conte will ask Marotta for a forward who can operate well in 4-3-3 and 3-5-2. Lavezzi and Suarez.

Cavani would be a dream signing, though. He has Juventus written all over him :D

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Hamsik doesnt fit in our system?! Thats a good question does he fit?!
He is an attacking midfielder who from what I have seen can also drift wide so one of the supporting 2 in a 4-3-3 formation will suit him IMO
3-5-2 is different and there is the question does he fit or not - I dont know

Not an upgrade to the midfield? He is a very different player to those 3 and the only one I can even think of comparing to is Marchisio and Hamsik is definitely more talented even if Marchisio is an excellent team player.

Or maybe he is underated by you and some other members

He has a good technique good passing skills and a great shot + he is quite fast.
Its true he isnt performing like his usual self lately but even so he still got 7 goals and 7 assists this season

And like the others said I cant believe anyone would say no to Cavani
Hamsik in this forum is overrated and marchisio > hamsik , he would not fit our system because for the attacking wing i can find a milion other players which can do it better than him , he is an attacking middfilder it is different playing as a wing + he would not be a great upgrade in the wing position , people here should stop putting players in every kind of positions which are not theirs .

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Nobody said it had to be one or the other? I was pretty much agreeing with him that we should be smarter now (which the club is trying) and over the next few years grow back to pre Calciopoli levels, instead of putting the club at risk by demanding several big names. I think with smart spending a lot can be done with the position this club is currently in. Winning the league won't have a significant change on that, we've already got a reputation. Quite ridiculous in fact. Unbeaten team, challenging for every competition they entered, new stadium and playing good football under Conte, CL almost a certainty. Compared to last season "Juventus don't win coppa every year", Delneri, 7th place and out of even the Europa League. Juventus is in a better position for a quality name now, and might be more competitive with wages and what we have to offer. Would sort of be disappointed if we have to settle for a lesser name again.

He had scored more than 10 goals a season in his final years with Palermo, but I'm also quite surprised he's considered overrated. I think last summer there might have been a case for it, but over the last season we've seen he's kept up that form, scored goals and put in great performances against Champions League teams. Also won Copa America. He's proven everything he needs to.

I also agree with Suns (I think) assessment of him, the work rate is absolutely insane, and he keeps that up for the entire 90 minutes. I really think Conte would love him.

I remember some called him the new Amauri. :D
He is my number one fap worthy transfer target for this Juventus. So you know he's gotta be good :D

But really,this guy has it all. Perfect modern striker and would really fit this Juve so well. Would be an insane signing. Too bad it's never gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)