Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I'm beginning to have a sneaky feeling Conte doesn't like Matri too much, technically. And I'm worried he could be traded jn the upcoming season. Lets hope I'm wrong about it. I also have a feeling Quag will be kept. Vucinic, Matri, Quag, Torres/Rossi. Pretty balanced strike force but still lacking a game changer.
i have been having that feeling since the begining of the season

---------- Post added 20.03.2012 at 18:39 ----------

I think the problem that Conte has with Matri, is his inability to keep up the ball and cover it. The reason why he chooses Boriello, cause he actually does it better
I agree , althrough borrielo still sucks

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think the problem that Conte has with Matri, is his inability to keep up the ball and cover it. The reason why he chooses Boriello, cause he actually does it better
Might be true, but there are other aspects of Matri's game that make up for it. He's a good finisher, can make a fairly decent cross and pass even when he goes wide. Borriello's physicality is something Matri is missing, and like you said that classical CF hold up skill, but I just hope it doesn't mean he will be sold because he can become s key figure in the Juve attack in the years ahead. Like a better version if Inzaghi.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Might be true, but there are other aspects of Matri's game that make up for it. He's a good finisher, can make a fairly decent cross and pass even when he goes wide. Borriello's physicality is something Matri is missing, and like you said that classical CF hold up skill, but I just hope it doesn't mean he will be sold because he can become s key figure in the Juve attack in the years ahead. Like a better version if Inzaghi.
Matri is not a good finisher . He is not tecnically gifted has not a great sense of positioning . He can never be the CF of a big team and he can never be like inzaghi , inzaghi had a great sense of goal .

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Matri is not a good finisher . He is not tecnically gifted has not a great sense of positioning . He can never be the CF of a big team and he can never be like inzaghi , inzaghi had a great sense of goal .
So you're like Zacheryah and you can see the future?? Nice.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
What I want is:
Buffon;Chiellini Barzagli CB Lichtsteiner;Vidal Pirlo Marchisio;forward Cavani forward

CB - Hummels if he is as good as I heard. Vidic could be also an option, Nesta if he is free could play for a season or two, W.Samuel I wouldnt mind him for free eigther.
Forwards - Robben, Ribery, Hamsik could also be playing in that position, Neymar

What might happen - Chiellini Barzagli Bonucci Lichtsteiner; Vidal Pirlo Marchisio; G.Rossi/Vucinic Damiao/Matri/Vucinic Pepe
*Its Damiao or Rossi dont think we will buy 2 forwards

Another person besides me who think Matri is being underated here?! I thought I am the only one to actually see it
Matri is not a bad finisher at all and he does remind Inzaghi
Dont know why people here are saying Matri off the ball movement is not good
IMO Matri is the only forward who does try to beat the offside and try to get it easier for his team to assist him
Not saying Matri is WC as he is far from it but he isnt that bad...

As for Inzaghi people here hail him like he was the best striker ever
They remember all his goals!
What they dont remember is that while he did posses a great off the ball movement (probably the best in that category) he also did miss lots of chances
Inzaghi stats at Juve are:
(I`ll take the league games alone since Matri is only playing in the league)
year: 98 99 00 01
goals: 18 15 15 11
its good but not great
He is a great scorer but dont forget he did miss lots of chances

Then there was Trez who was extremely clinical
His off the ball movement wasnt as good as Inzaghi`s as he didnt get half the amount of chances Inzaghi got but he converted most of them
a true finisher altough like most of the players he did had his weakness as if you put aside his shooting towards goal it seems like he is not even on the field, it seems like the team play with 10 men.

Now there is a long road for Matri untill he could be judged rightly but as for now his numbers are not bad, every time I watch him (and I watch most of the games) he doesnt miss that much.

I think people here see all the misses of all of our players and blame it on him because he is the main striker so if the team doesnt score its his fault
If Pepe Vucinic Quag Marchisio Vidal Padoin... misses its not Matri`s fault

Matri is not WC but he is a good player IMO

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Doubt JoJo will happen. Fiorentina maybe forced to sell but there's too much animosity between the clubs and the 5-0 drubbing won't help bring down the price. My bet is it'll be in 30m region and might not happen on a loan basis.

Rossi at 15m would help Marrotta budget his other buys nicely, which is why I think he might end the forward buying with Peppito, unless he can secure a loan on a Dzeko/Torres.

done plenty of business in the past, animosity does not mean anything.

Jojo will want out this summer, IMO.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
“Conte asks his wingers to do too much work defending and this is not one of the qualities of Milos"

Said by Krasic's agent. I think this basically should make us forget about wingers like for example Robben. Too bad because the best and most creative winger usually don't do that much work defensively.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@Orgut. Totally agree bro. I think it's really hard on him when people say he's not good enough for the CL. You can't decide that till you don't see him play against that competition. Holds true for the entire team as a matter of fact. Matri IMO is a more complete player than Inzaghi, while he still has some distance to go before being classified at that level, he has all the makings of a fox in the box. Trezeguet was a lot more than both of him because he had the gift of instinct. But I would feel really bad if Matri were to be sold because he's done his job, and pretty consistentl at that, especially in a formation that may not optimise his gameplay.

---------- Post added 21.03.2012 at 02:20 ----------

done plenty of business in the past, animosity does not mean anything.

Jojo will want out this summer, IMO.
Melo and Bojinov are not revered on the level JoJo perhaps is. At a time when the club is in the dumps, I don't think they'll want to upset the fans any further. Selling Jovetic to Juventus might do that. Momtolivo for example is again a different scenario since his contract is up.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
“Conte asks his wingers to do too much work defending and this is not one of the qualities of Milos"

Said by Krasic's agent. I think this basically should make us forget about wingers like for example Robben. Too bad because the best and most creative winger usually don't do that much work defensively.
defensive duty's on wingers only come to mind when the offensive endproduct isnt breathtaking

so nedved wasent good and creative ?

also, dont mix wide midfielders with winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)