Winter Mercato Thread 2021 (21 Viewers)

Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
10m for a guy whose contract is running out in 6 months and won't be joining for a year and a half. Interesting move.

De Zerbi is an excellent young coach, people talked about him replacing Sarri but I think he needs a few more seasons before being ready. Although we did go for a coach with no experience.
Those 10m are only bonuses, but strange indeed.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Yeah but I remember the same has been said of EDF then he went to Roma and now he is with Cagliari...
Everything can happen but Im not too impressed with De Zerbi..
Atalanta has something special as every player overperform because of their system. I would much rather see Gasperini here than De Zerbi.
You are right, I expected more from EDF, his post Sassuolo career has been a disappointment so far in my opinion.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
EDF did get Roma to a CL semifinal, beating Atletico, Chelsea, and Barca, losing 7-6 to Liverpool on the verge of the final.

I'd say that's a high point of Roma's recent history. Only Cagliari has been a bad moment for him.

Jun 16, 2020
I'm pretty sure whoever signs Milik for "free" will have to pay him a fee. It's like this with all these high profile bosman transfers, Milik won't be the exception.

Scamacca I don't see necessarily why he would come and earn more than Buffon, Demiral, and Pirlo himself. 2 or 3m is too much, he would be cheaper.

We are talking about a more than 20m difference in costs between the two.

Better these two anyway than Pelle, Llorente, or most other names for this backup role. It is very different though to sign Milik than to sign a young player. Milik demands playing time and the salary of an important player, which he is.

IMO better to not to invest in Milik, better to sign a cheap backup striker and take that money to Sassuolo for Locatelli.
Searched a bit a he now receives 100k per year. So yes, very unlikely that he’ll receive more than 2m. Big differences financially between Milik and Scamacca.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So are we just buying teenagers or will we get someone who can actully fill in with the first team? Like maybe Locatelli
No chance in January. Good chance in the summer.

It's unlikely we'll be spending lots this month, just the usual moves for youngsters or groundwork for summer moves.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You think is he good enough to join first team?
Well he would be a reserve ST. In that sense, yes.

We are seeing names pop up literally only because of their height, like Llorente and Pelle. Scamacca is basically the same size but can actually... run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)