Winter Mercato Thread 2021 (11 Viewers)

Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Lmao at the mental gymnastics to make it seem like Papu wouldn't just relegate glass-ankles Ramsey to the depths of the bench. One of these guys has actually played almost every single game of the season for several years in a row providing or scoring 15-25 goals per season on average, being literally the most important man on the pitch, while the other one has been in the hospital racking up 7m a season (over 3x more than Papu) while doing fuck all.
He has literally scored more than 8 goals in Serie on once occassion. These exaggerations are exactly what I'm talking about. Yes, he's more fit, which probably already qualifies him as a starter over Ramsey, but let's be realistic; it's very very very unlikely he'd come in in january and makes us tick. And he'll be 33 in february. This is exactly the sort of stopgap player we should stop buying if we want to move forward unless there's some way he'd accept a cheap and short contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, my bad. I thought you are answering to me. He is not miles better then Ramsey, but he is better.
Ramsey is good but anything is better if you don't manage to stay fit... Same as Khedira a few years back.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
Dybala and papu have the same style. Like to roam free, good dribling, and good shooting technique. Typhical fantasista. The problem is, both dybala and papu didn't fit the characteristic pirlo need in ramsey role. Attacking wise yes. But they lack defensive contribution like ramsey can offer.
So, no to papu...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Llorente rumors. I’d rather Mandzukic for sure.
mandzukic isn't coming back. there's a reason he didn't thank sarri and tici when he said goodbye.

llorente is yet to play a single minute this season. imagine the state he's in when insigne, mertens, osimhen, lozano and milik are all out for different reasons, and he's still benched. hamsumness wise, he's easily the best choice though.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
This morning Twitter has told me about Nano, Memphis, Locatelli as potential targets

While Sami may be excluded from list of players leaving this winter

internet such truth

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Attackers is the last thing we need, we never learn, probably yet another agent deal...
Wing backs and creative midfielders are still our primary concern
We play 2 central attackers and we only have 3. One of them is 35 years old, one of them is completely out of shape and the other one has shown a love for a card collection. Of course we need an attacker.

You might add Kulusevski in that field but I don't think that's more then an emergency idea.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We play 2 central attackers and we only have 3. One of them is 35 years old, one of them is completely out of shape and the other one has shown a love for a card collection. Of course we need an attacker.

You might add Kulusevski in that field but I don't think that's more then an emergency idea.
That 35 year old player we leave the day he is going to be a sub.
He will be a starter for most of the important games and will only accept a subber role when depth player swill be enough.
Players like Chiesa and Berna.
We also play 3 players upfront, that was our strategic plan for the season, that why we have 2 CFs and 4 lateral forwards.
If the plan is to only field 2 attackers we need to sell 2 lateral ones then, naming is Dybala and Berna, selling those 2 would create funds for a depth CF.
Danilo and Sandro, our starters are injury prone, unlike CR7 and Morata, so instead worrying for luxury CF subs, shouldnt we worry more for fielding Cuads there?
He was planned to play as back up there, a sort term urgent solution. He is not a defender, we need a RCB that can defend!

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
That 35 year old player we leave the day he is going to be a sub.
He will be a starter for most of the important games and will only accept a subber role when depth player swill be enough.
Players like Chiesa and Berna.
We also play 3 players upfront, that was our strategic plan for the season, that why we have 2 CFs and 4 lateral forwards.
If the plan is to only field 2 attackers we need to sell 2 lateral ones then, naming is Dybala and Berna, selling those 2 would create funds for a depth CF.
Danilo and Sandro, our starters are injury prone, unlike CR7 and Morata, so instead worrying for luxury CF subs, shouldnt we worry more for fielding Cuads there?
He was planned to play as back up there, a sort term urgent solution. He is not a defender, we need a RCB that can defend!
Selling Dybala is not an option this winter. He's one of our 3 central attackers. Berna can leave, he's not needed.
I agree, we're also thin on the flanks. On the right Cuads and Danilo is fine for now. On the left Frabotta as backup for Alex Sandro is a bit light. But Chiesa has been played there as well...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Selling Dybala is not an option this winter. He's one of our 3 central attackers. Berna can leave, he's not needed.
I agree, we're also thin on the flanks. On the right Cuads and Danilo is fine for now. On the left Frabotta as backup for Alex Sandro is a bit light. But Chiesa has been played there as well...
Well if we get a replacement we can sell Dybala but it would be difficult to do it mid-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)