Winter mercato thread 2020 (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
In defence of our transfers, you can only buy whatever is on sale. Danilo is mediocre but still way better than Cancelo who rides the bench in Manchester. Kulusevski is a great talent, really excited about him. Very few top players are on sale in January, before anyone says Eriksen it seems like only Inter want him and no other top clubs. Compare that to De Ligt, everyone wanted him and every Summer market he'll be linked to the elite clubs. I'd say the scouts who have the job of watching the likes of Eriksen know more than the average fan.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Cancelo is shit defensively but no fucking way is Danilo way better than him

Scouts knowing more? If we're talking about scouting prospects then sure.

Players who we get to watch 40x a season who are well known? Nah. They know nothing more. Any big football fan can see the strengths and weaknesses of players that are on TV every week.

And we've had 4 Summers to sort out midfield out nobody is mad about January 2020 exclusively

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
In defence of our transfers, you can only buy whatever is on sale. Danilo is mediocre but still way better than Cancelo who rides the bench in Manchester. Kulusevski is a great talent, really excited about him. Very few top players are on sale in January, before anyone says Eriksen it seems like only Inter want him and no other top clubs. Compare that to De Ligt, everyone wanted him and every Summer market he'll be linked to the elite clubs. I'd say the scouts who have the job of watching the likes of Eriksen know more than the average fan.
Danilo is not way better than Cancelo. Kulu is an interesting talent, but he could turn out to be another Berna. Yes, January transfers are hard, especially for quality players, but there are opportunities. That we choose not to take these opportunities/ignore them/not try hard enough is on Tootsie. BVB got Haaland and RB Leipzig got Olmo - both very interesting transfers taking place in Jan.

The scouts should know better, but they don't always get it right.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Kulu from what i saw can play CM -AM - Wings

He is very good player to have for that regard also he has great work rate and also good dribbling and Technic.
He is great signing but it can work out as Vidal or Bernadeschi we will find out next year.
Well Vidal and Berna were always two very different players but I see your point. Kulu can play AM as you said but he's 100% an attacking player right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)