Winter mercato thread 2020 (68 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
not fan of quick fixes ....Allan , Rakitic .... these will harm any better integral solution in the summer ....

stay on the current one ...Rabiot stepping up , Benta working good ....Ramsey / Berna not working ....we have the trident and Costa ...

save the money ...save the salaries for better recruits in the summer .....
It’s not a quick fix. Khedira is out, and we need more depth. Allan is s great replacement.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You sure? In 4312 who he replays? In 433 he should start though probably
Allan is the Vidal type midfielder that we have been sorely lacking. High energy defensive midfielder with technique and passing. Exactly the kind of player you'd want to support Pjanić.

If we get Allan, regardless of the formation, you can bet Sarri is going to start him from the get go.

I would also add that our chances of winning CL increase with a signing such as this but I highly doubt this is going to materialize anyway.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Allan is the Vidal type midfielder that we have been sorely lacking. High energy defensive midfielder with technique and passing. Exactly the kind of player you'd want to support Pjanić.

If we get Allan, regardless of the formation, you can bet Sarri is going to start him from the get go.

I would also add that our chances of winning CL increase with a signing such as this but I highly doubt this is going to materialize anyway.
Allan is very far from Vidal, he has tenacity and can actually pass a little, but Vidal was complete package. Allan's offensive contribution is very small, he rarely if ever scores, I don't think he makes more then 3-4 assists in a season. Vidal was an offensive machine, that what separated him.
In 4312 we need our LCM and RCM to be able to drag the ball, dribble, move a lot. I don't see Allan doing it.
In 433 he might start alongside Pjanic and possibly Benta.

tl:dr I don't think he is a deal-breaker for us, but he will be a welcomed addition

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
We have fucking Ronaldo and chumps cry over eriksen, envying shit club like inter i swearra God you some sad chimp chumps
It’s unbelievable how we’re envying them while we have one of the best players to ever play the game (and still in terrific form).

It’s fair that Marotta is doing everything he can to make them a title contender against us. If we keep winning and playing better until the race is over, our summer Mercato will be as busy as the last 2 (in a good way).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
What's the diff between 433 and 4312 in terms of the role he plays?
In 433 his role in Napoli is(was?) primary a ball-wining midfielder, playing sometimes very deep, covering for LB or RB when they overlap with insides. Everything else is a bonus. In our 4312 he sohuld play wider, move with the ball more and deeper forward, open the space. His overall contribution to attack should be bigger, and I'm not sure he is up to that.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It’s unbelievable how we’re envying them while we have one of the best players to ever play the game (and still in terrific form).

It’s fair that Marotta is doing everything he can to make them a title contender against us. If we keep winning and playing better until the race is over, our summer Mercato will be as busy as the last 2 (in a good way).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not even jealous, ridiculous wages which we cannot accommodate for in our current structure unless we suddenly offload all the deadweight. And for his wages he would have to play all the time. We bought kulusevski who's 8 years his junior on the fraction of Eriksen's wages and a very promising player who also gives us more tactical flexibility than eriksen.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if we have someone big lined up for the summer anyways and I'm not just talking tonali but someone more proven, and quite possibly another reason why we didnt go for eriksen, which if it turns out to be the case would make a great deal of sense.

I like to think eriksen will struggle in this current system at inter, but we will have to wait and see.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
In 433 his role in Napoli is(was?) primary a ball-wining midfielder, playing sometimes very deep, covering for LB or RB when they overlap with insides. Everything else is a bonus. In our 4312 he sohuld play wider, move with the ball more and deeper forward, open the space. His overall contribution to attack should be bigger, and I'm not sure he is up to that.
Much more so than Khedira and Matuidi. Not to mention Can. Berna has the characteristics for that but he's unproven there, we're yet to see him against a proper opposition.

Right now we've got 3 reliable players for the 3-man midfield: Rabiot - Pjanic - Bentancur. Allan would be a fantastic addition tbh, that way you could use Bentancur to rest Pjanic sometimes.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Much more so than Khedira and Matuidi. Not to mention Can. Berna has the characteristics for that but he's unproven there, we're yet to see him against a proper opposition.

Right now we've got 3 reliable players for the 3-man midfield: Rabiot - Pjanic - Bentancur. Allan would be a fantastic addition tbh, that way you could use Bentancur to rest Pjanic sometimes.
again I was talking about our starting 11, even in 4312 Allan will be at least the first mid from the bench

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,174
    Juve working on a swap deal Kurzawa/De Sciglio - Romano

but what happens if Cuadrado is missing?

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
    Sep 29, 2008
    I wouldn't go for Allan at this point. But then again we could still get like 3 seasons out of him so it isn't the worse of deals. But I would love us to go for someone younger.

Rakitic is as old as me and that's just too old! :yuck:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
    So Beppe is buying half europe in winter for peanuts.. and I was thinking it was just bluffing around... well now Merda could be a solid 2nd place rival for Lazio

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)