Winter mercato thread 2020 (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Eriksen averages 20-30 goal involvements per season in the Premier League.

He’s an absolutely phenomenal player. Pogba is slightly better at most. De Bruyne is handily better than both.
I do rate him, he's WC, but find exaggerations at either end funny.

As well as the confusion over why we aren't signing our 100th mid in Jan without selling anyone (basic team building/team mgmt sense) and assumption that we weren't after him for summer. And melting down over a transfer that's not official yet.

Aug 26, 2014
I do rate him, he's WC, but find exaggerations at either end funny.

As well as the confusion over why we aren't signing our 100th mid in Jan without selling anyone (basic team building/team mgmt sense) and assumption that we weren't after him for summer. And melting down over a transfer that's not official yet.
Yes but taking into account that our midfield is not very strong and we need to offload some players and sign some WC players in midfield you'll see that Eriksen for a low fee or free in the summer is a steal.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
There’s just as much frustration that we cannot sell our deadwood (Can, Khedira, Matuidi) as there is because we aren’t signing any talented new mids.

To be honest though, the state of our current midfield is mainly Beppe’s fault. It wasn’t Fabio who put a mediocre midfielder like Can on superstar wages. It wasn’t Fabio who extended Khedira’s contract when everyone could see that he was finished.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
There’s just as much frustration that we cannot sell our deadwood (Can, Khedira, Matuidi) as there is because we aren’t signing any talented new mids.

To be honest though, the state of our current midfield is mainly Beppe’s fault. It wasn’t Fabio who put a mediocre midfielder like Can on superstar wages. It wasn’t Fabio who extended Khedira’s contract when everyone could see that he was finished.
Yeah I don't get why people are complaining about past summer. We used the funds to sign de Ligt, what are yous complaining about?

Marotta was great, but you know when he REALLY f'd up in mid? When he didn't sign Allan. I thought surely we were signing Allan too when we signed Khedira. Made no sense to pass on him for 15m when Khedira lacked quality to be a key CM, wasn't even the ball winner type to replace Vidal and was super injury prone.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Eriksen averages 20-30 goal involvements per season in the Premier League.

He’s an absolutely phenomenal player. Pogba is slightly better at most. De Bruyne is handily better than both.
:agree:

This. Eriksen and Pogba are alone in the tier below De Bruyne as far as PL midfielders go. Pogba for his potential top level being so high, and Eriksen for his actual performances.

If we hadn’t made such a mess of our midfield over the last 4-5 years, he’d be the ideal pick up and we should be all over it, but as things stand and with the difficulty we are having offloading our surplus mids we just don’t have space for him or his wages on this team.

On your Beppe point, didn’t we just extend Matuidi? Or was that only reported? Regardless, it seems it is just a club thing and not specific to our last manager. Also, as Tootsie was our guy scouting, and getting ready to take over as sporting director, I’d imagine he was part of the deal for Can and extending Sami. Who knows, but I doubt Marotta was doing all this solo without any consultation with Tootsie, Nedved, Agnelli.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
On your Beppe point, didn’t we just extend Matuidi? Or was that only reported?
It hasn’t happened yet. Let’s pray it stays that way.

Regardless, it seems it is just a club thing and not specific to our last manager. Also, as Tootsie was our guy scouting, and getting ready to take over as sporting director, I’d imagine he was part of the deal for Can and extending Sami. Who knows, but I doubt Marotta was doing all this solo without any consultation with Tootsie, Nedved, Agnelli.

Although this board has done a lot of good, we have a tendency to keep hold of players for too long. This goes all the way back to a 36 year old Pirlo looking completely out of his depth in the final against Barcelona

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
we need to stop getting players which aren't ideal for squad.
Can and Rabiot for starters ....
They would fit in a 2 man mid but not in a 3man midfield.
They would be decent in a 4-2-3-1 laying deep and covering for the defense.

Also we got Ramsey coundn't we get Eriksen in summer instead? younger and fit? same wages btw.
I doubt price would've been much different compared to the 15-18m fee they're talking about for Inter.

If we didn't have Ramsey I'd be for Paratici to snatch him but we're weighted down by Khedira,Can,Rabiot and Ramsey wages to throw in another 7.5-10m net wages

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They are suggesting that his friendship with Dybala, Cuadrado and Higuain is laying foundations for a return to Juve.

Sounds like a journalistic piece to me.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Even though Bernardeschi has been awful, it still makes zero sense to swap him with Rakitic who's like 6 years older. Paratici will turn us into cash strapped Milan with transfers like this. I hope this doesn't go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)