Winter mercato thread 2020 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Off the top of my head I'd say €2.5m plus €15.5m, but can't remember. It was definitely €18m overall.
Yes, I was off by 0.5m going which transfer window, wiki said 2.5m January and 15.5m summer as you said.

I remember around the 18m overall fee tho, because I remember that someone use to joke each of Matri's goals that season were worth 1m each.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If we lose out on Eriksen to Inter then Paratici should be arrested, no way around it.
How do you accommodate him with all the players that we already have? I guess he'd be played only as AM, where we have too many players now: Berna, Costa, Ramsey and now Kulusevski. We'd have to sell at least two of them, if not three...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How do you accommodate him with all the players that we already have? I guess he'd be played only as AM, where we have too many players now: Berna, Costa, Ramsey and now Kulusevski. We'd have to sell at least two of them, if not three...

Who cares, you sell any and everyone amongst that list if you can get Eriksen. Its that simple. He is a world class top of his field player, all our midfield options except Pjanic arent consistent top level players at all. The quality gap is so huge with some of those listed names, its almost like saying no to Ronaldo because we had Mandzukic.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Having quantity does not mean quality. Ramsey and Costa collectively play like 10 games a season so I'm not keen on relying on them like that. Eriksen is one of the best players in his position, if we insist on the 4-3-1-2 it would be beyond foolish to pass on him because we signed some guy from Parma whose name I don't know how to pronounce just because he had a good half season.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm not sure people realize Eriksen is not just an AM but a CM too. He is a creative and attacking player, but he is a midfielder, has played in 4-3-3, even if its when he is given freedom to roam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)