Winter mercato thread 2020 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I thought you were turning on Fab for a sec. Ah well, he'll get fired at the end of the year then.

I tried guys!
Who we getting?

I think we do need another striker if we continue to play 3 up front

Another midfielder as well if we don't plan on ever playing Can

In an ideal world we'd get a great RB but they are about as rare as Inter winning anything without calciopoli

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,145
    Who we getting?

I think we do need another striker if we continue to play 3 up front

Another midfielder as well if we don't plan on ever playing Can

In an ideal world we'd get a great RB but they are about as rare as Inter winning anything without calciopoli
    Mercato chiuso.:fab2:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
    Extend Khedira
    Extend Matuidi
    sign Can
    sign Ramsey who is 29 and always injured
    All four are on big wages too

We can forget about the Champions League, forget about it. It will never happen as long as this negligent board is in charge.

Clubs with less money than us like Atletico have a better midfield than us. The problem is not money, our transfer policy is just moronic.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    We have to understand that Paratici has a massive job on his hand.

To build a squad that is not only competitive but to try and fit into Sarri's phylosophy is going to take time, 2 winter and 1 summer mercato is not going to fix errors, a lot of which was left by marotta i.e. the midfield.

Had it not been for the opportunity to sign De Ligt I believe we would have bought a big name midfielder instead which is why I believe this summer that will be a key area to be fixed.

Tare can go fuck himself. Team Paratici till the end!
    1. And Marotta didn't have a massive job when you used every opportunity to shit on him?
    2. Bullshit, he doesn't have to build squat. Literally all he had to do last summer and few months before that was NOT extend Khedira and Mandžukić, NOT give like 12m net to Ramsey and Rabiot and buy two good midfielders. Everything else was built. Instead, he did everything to the opposite of the supposed Sarri phylosophy. Extended two players who don't fit, gave huge wages to one injury prone player and another who didn't play for a year, then tried to run Dybala out, now offering him a new contract, now wanting to extend Matuidi, Spinazzola-Pellegrini swap and then sending the latter on loan w no replacement for Sandro, running Emre out after one year in which he was good...
    3. Which shows the exact problem - we don't have our priorities set straight. On that list buying two midfielders should've been first 10 spots alone. THEN spending 85m on a CB. In this case MDL was an opportunity which should've been set aside for more important issues.

Literally nothing in our transfer dealings for the past 6-10 months makes sense.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    How much did Haaland really cost?

Football Italia
    Erling Haaland signed for Borussia Dortmund yesterday, but details are starting to emerge on why they beat Juventus and Manchester United.
    The 19-year-old Norwegian striker is the hottest property in European football right now after 28 goals in all competition for RB Salzburg this season, including eight in six Champions League games.
    While it had seemed a battle between Juve and Manchester United for his signature, Haaland was snapped up by Borussia Dortmund, leading to questions in the media on what prompted the decision.

While there are the obvious issues – guaranteed regular playing time in a lower-pressure environment like Dortmund to aid his development – the financial details are also intriguing.
    German newspaper Bild claims Haaland will earn €8m per season net in wages until June 2024, but it’s only a fraction of the real cost of this operation.
    According to La Gazzetta dello Sport and Tuttosport, Borussia Dortmund paid €20m to RB Salzburg for the release clause, €15m commission to agent Mino Raiola, another €10m signing-on fee going to the player’s father, Alf-Inge Haaland, for a total of €45m.
    British newspapers also suggest Raiola wanted a very large percentage of any future transfer, similar to the deal he struck with Juventus when bringing Paul Pogba as a free agent from Manchester United.
    Having been burned before by Raiola, both clubs were hesitant to accept these terms.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Sounds like our kind of buying deal, tbh.

For the player it makes much more sense to go to a Dortmund or even a Man Utd right now than it does Juve. At Juve he'd find less space, he wouldn't know the language, and tactically it's much more difficult for a striker.

Dortmund are essentially a stepping stone club to a big move, if he progresses he'll have that move in a few seasons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)