Winter mercato thread 2020 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
Sczcesny (27)
Cuadrado (27) Bonucci (23 and 31) De Ligt (19) Alex Sandro (24)
Bentancur (20) Pjanic (26) Matuidi (30)
Bernardeschi (23)
Dybala (21) Ronaldo (33)

Buffon (23 and 41), Perin (25), Rugani (19), Demiral (21), Chiellini (21), Danilo (28), De Sciglio (24), Khedira (28), Ramsey (28), Rabiot (24), Can (24), Costa (26), Pjaca (21), Higuain (28), Mandzukic (29)

Us only signing old players is not objectively true. We mostly sign players at their peak with a decent amount of younger players coming is as well. Us signing players over the age of 30 is the exception rather than the norm. I don't see much wrong with the age of players we are signing. Claiming it is somehow the reason we didn't quite get over the line in the CL is hypothetical at best.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Absolute must on Tonali. The highest promise young Italian CMs of the last 6-7 years were probably Verratti, Jorginho, Barella, and now Tonali. We missed out on the first 3, missing out on the last of them as well would be a disgrace. These are players who we could easily keep through their entire primes, being Italian. I don’t care what English teams/PSG bid for Tonali, we need to outbid and sign the kid. Could be the backbone of our mid for the next 10 years.

Then giving good effort to get one of Chiesa and Zaniolo would be nice too.
I like how he's just a solid all-around defensive midfielder who can also pass the ball. Would be nice to eventually have him between a great box to boxer and a playmaker. Personally, I would like to get away from having a regista and one or two ball winners on the side, and instead have more creativity in those roles. I think we are too static when Pjanic has the ball deep and his only options are players like Matuidi and Khedira. :seven:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Pjanic - 36m release clause
Khedira - free
Matuidi - 10.5m
Ramsey - free
Rabiot - free
Can - free
Bentancur - 9.5m

average spend is 8 million per mid on our 7 midfielders.

Time to spend big on this area of the pitch?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Matuidi was €20m plus potential €10.5m in bonuses.

Anyway, midfield salaries are worth looking at in that area;

Pjanic €6.5m
Khedira €6m
Matuidi €3.5m
Ramsey €7m
Rabiot €7m
Can €5m
Bentancur €2.5m

That's the outlay in midfield, not transfer fees. That group costs the club €62m p/a in salaries.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Napoli will probably ask for €60m to sell Allan in the summer. He was available for €100m in the last January. PSG are still interested in signing him. (D7Gold)

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Matuidi was €20m plus potential €10.5m in bonuses.

Anyway, midfield salaries are worth looking at in that area;

Pjanic €6.5m
Khedira €6m
Matuidi €3.5m
Ramsey €7m
Rabiot €7m
Can €5m
Bentancur €2.5m

That's the outlay in midfield, not transfer fees. That group costs the club €62m p/a in salaries.
16m agent fee for Can aswell wasnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)