Winter mercato thread 2020 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
What approach is that?

Meanwhile nobody wanted to leave Juve in the summer, except cancelo of course
Trying to tie down talents like Chiesa. Who knows perhaps he will outgrow Fiorentina next year, in five or never. Much better players have played for Fiorentina than him. If they can build a stadium things would change a lot for them.

Nobody wants to leave Juve is actually a good thing. Cancelo wasn't looking for a move either. Only a few clubs would be of equal appeal to players in the future, but this comes with the territory. Seria A has been and has the potential to be the ultimate league in world football. They usually don't have to do much either, just try not to shoot themselves in the foot every now and then.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Trying to tie down talents like Chiesa. Who knows perhaps he will outgrow Fiorentina next year, in five or never. Much better players have played for Fiorentina than him. If they can build a stadium things would change a lot for them.

Nobody wants to leave Juve is actually a good thing. Cancelo wasn't looking for a move either. Only a few clubs would be of equal appeal to players in the future, but this comes with the territory. Seria A has been and has the potential to be the ultimate league in world football. They usually don't have to do much either, just try not to shoot themselves in the foot every now and then.
I think he already did..
Much better players?! I cant think of too many.. Batistuta, R.Baggio, Toldo in goal and there are others that I wouldnt say are equal to Chiesa like R.Costa (who was great but he is not as great as Chiesa and definitely not at 21..)
L.Toni did well but we all know he would have done nothing in today`s football..
Of course there is Di Livio but he went there to finish his career so its different...

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I think he already did..
Much better players?! I cant think of too many.. Batistuta, R.Baggio, Toldo in goal and there are others that I wouldnt say are equal to Chiesa like R.Costa (who was great but he is not as great as Chiesa and definitely not at 21..)
L.Toni did well but we all know he would have done nothing in today`s football..
Of course there is Di Livio but he went there to finish his career so its different...
Why is that? We almost got rid of Dybala for Icardi, and prime Toni is arguably better, even much better, because he is not a cunt.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We've done so much with free players though like conquering the mighty Serie A
Remember when we couldn't win even the mighty seria A. Yeah, me neither!
If someone would have told me we are going to witness this kind of level of success back in 2011 I would have called him a mad man.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
If Luca Toni didn't get out of favour with Van Gaal ?? (i think) he would have scored many many more goals, his career went downhill pre fast after Bayern, aside from his Verona resurgence

Apr 29, 2006
@Orgut
Just Batistuta is enough. He is among the list of greatest number 9s ever. No need to even mention Baggio.

Chiesa is good at 21. Would he be great by 24? To be seen...

Fiorentina, given a well funded and executed strategy, could be EL/CL(round of 16) contender in 3 years. Would Chiesa be starting in CL semi-finalist or so at 24? All-in-all the viola rats needn't scrape the garbadge cans anymore, unless Comisso(?) is fughazi.#wearerich

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
@Orgut
Just Batistuta is enough. He is among the list of greatest number 9s ever. No need to even mention Baggio.

Chiesa is good at 21. Would he be great by 24? To be seen...

Fiorentina, given a well funded and executed strategy, could be EL/CL(round of 16) contender in 3 years. Would Chiesa be starting in CL semi-finalist or so at 24? All-in-all the viola rats needn't scrape the garbadge cans anymore, unless Comisso(?) is fughazi.#wearerich
IMO he is already great and could become amazing but this is my view..

- - - Updated - - -

Why is that? We almost got rid of Dybala for Icardi, and prime Toni is arguably better, even much better, because he is not a cunt.
Characteristics - L.Toni is slower than a trailer driving backwards..

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
If someone would have told me we are going to witness this kind of level of success back in 2011 I would have called him a mad man.

These brats are spoiled.

- - - Updated - - -

:eek::eek::D
I don't thimk Messi will play for another club in Europe
The guy married his childhood sweetheart. Def retiring at Barca.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

Yeah but did we make the next step? Winning the CL, obviously? No we didn't, we might never as well. We failed miserably. Here we are laughing at barca, PSG and Man City investing billions in their team and failing to win CL but we are doing even worse. Buying mostly average freebies.

- - - Updated - - -

We've done so much with free players though like conquering the mighty Serie A
You da man.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah but did we make the next step? Winning the CL, obviously? No we didn't, we might never as well. We failed miserably. Here we are laughing at barca, PSG and Man City investing billions in their team and failing to win CL but we are doing even worse. Buying mostly average freebies.

- - - Updated - - -

You da man.
I can put it this way. Did we do the best with the financial power that we had?
Definitely, I think we overachived.
Just a couple a seasons ago players were refusing us and wanted to leave for "bigger" clubs.
I guess that changed now, too.
People easily forget that we had transfer windows ending on positive because of our tight budget. Since Cristiano we can say that we advanced to the big boys league.
Most of us want the cl. I want one since 1996, but winning it is never a sure thing regardless of squad. Too many variables involved.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Icardi is no speed demon either, so as guys like Lewa. Prime Toni was a beast.

- - - Updated - - -
Icardi isnt fast but isnt slow
Toni at best could race a zombie to a draw..
Toni was a beast no doubt about it but he was just too slow and couldnt do it in today`s football..
Like I said on many posts - Football has changed a lot over the years - What once was important is less important now and today`s its about passing technique and speed..

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think even that is guaranteed anymore.
Overrating Inter or underrating Juve (just wondering).. Just dont tell me Napoli as we played them like toys until we had too much of a lead and became complacent and careless..

- - - Updated - - -

Just a couple a seasons ago players were refusing us and wanted to leave for "bigger" clubs.
People easily forget that we had transfer windows ending on positive because of our tight budget. Since Cristiano we can say that we advanced to the big boys league.
Most of us want the cl. I want one since 1996, but winning it is never a sure thing regardless of squad. Too many variables involved.

The CL - The one trophy I havent really experienced as a true fan (up until this game I was supporting Ajax like 99% of my country.. I guess Im the jinx.. ;) )
I swear to god (even though Im not a believer) - Despite me being 33 with a wife and son - I will cry like a little boy if we finally win it

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

CL can be won with different philosophies, not just financial power. Ffs, young and talented Ajax with no superstars taught us a football leasson. We are a desirable team for players even if were involved in Calciopoli. Inter won the CL in 2010 with the right signings, tactics and the right coach. I don't think we "overachieved".

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Icardi isnt fast but isnt slow
Toni at best could race a zombie to a draw..
Toni was a beast no doubt about it but he was just too slow and couldnt do it in today`s football..
Like I said on many posts - Football has changed a lot over the years - What once was important is less important now and today`s its about passing technique and speed..

- - - Updated - - -

Overrating Inter or underrating Juve (just wondering).. Just dont tell me Napoli as we played them like toys until we had too much of a lead and became complacent and careless..

- - - Updated - - -

The CL - The one trophy I havent really experienced as a true fan (up until this game I was supporting Ajax like 99% of my country.. I guess Im the jinx.. ;) )
I swear to god (even though Im not a believer) - Despite me being 33 with a wife and son - I will cry like a little boy if we finally win it
Lol I am almost 33 with a wife and son.
That 2003 final was the worst loss.
Cried after that one.
Let's hope we win it sooner than later.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
CL can be won with different philosophies, not just financial power. Ffs, young and talented Ajax with no superstars taught us a football leasson. We are a desirable team for players even if were involved in Calciopoli. Inter won the CL in 2010 with the right signings, tactics and the right coach. I don't think we "overachieved".
Inter won because they plotted against us and then got the "right signings" (AKA Juventus players and even Etoo was brought through Zlatan and we all know why they got him in first place...)
CL can be won by different philosophies - Yes but it also depends on the year you are talking about - Mourinho`s philosophy couldnt win with a team formed by Messi Ronaldo and Neymar with KDB supporting them...(nowadays)

Today`s football is about speed technique passing and applying pressure - This is the exact reason why I expected Liverpool to beat Barca when they were drawn together - Liverpool simply has it all and are very good at it
We are growing and we play faster with better technique and passing style and after seeing our first two games I can say we do apply pressure when we want to (we need to do it more though) - We are in a growing stage and I believe Ronaldo when he says - "If we dont win it this year we will win it next year" as we do exactly what we need to - This is today`s football

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Inter won it because they destroyed us.
If not they would still be a joke at that time.
So when was the last time that a not financially powerful team won it.
Remember in 2010 inda was a financial power.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Lol I am almost 33 with a wife and son.
That 2003 final was the worst loss.
Cried after that one.
Let's hope we win it sooner than later.

The 2003 season was just too much to handle - We were by far the best team in the tournament and we played a bore draw only because they banned our "Messi"..
Im pretty sure we would have humiliated Milan should Nedved allowed to play.. This year was probably our worst ever loss in a CL final - It was ours to lose IMO
2015 We were very good but Barca was exceptional and we did give them a good fight despite the loss
2017 We were no match for Real..

As for previous ones 98 - We were equal to Real in that final and maybe even a bit better but no huge difference in terms of this specific game
97 - I think we had an amazing season and played amazing type of football but we had a horrible night and it was shown..
2003 Milan was average and the fact we didnt take advantage of it hurts as we all know that despite Milan winning the CL - We were the real best in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Inter won it because they destroyed us.
If not they would still be a joke at that time.
So when was the last time that a not financially powerful team won it.
Remember in 2010 inda was a financial power.

Im also pretty sure we would have won most if not all their scudettos should this whole crappy thing not happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)