Winter mercato thread 2020 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It makes sense, but I ask, because every single other team rumoured to sign him is for a January move, why should we be different? He is out of CL and it doesnt mean anything if he remains in small austrian league and keeps beating on bums lol.
How often do these starlet prodigies get sold in winter? Can't remember last one...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is a different case tho, because his people want to move, he want to move, and his very small club has no negotiating power to keep him due to the release clause.
:tup:

I wasn't aware he was pushing for a move in January. I figured he wanted to see the season out there then make the step up.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We (Paratici) signed Ronaldo and de Ligt, we can sign Haaland too.

Difference: It was between us and Barca for de Ligt (no guaranteed starting spot in either team - before Chiellini's injury) and no former coach at haphazard Utd. Haaland also has the Dortmund option and doesn't command de Ligt's salary which only biggest clubs could pay.

Sarri started playing Dygualdo right on time.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
lol @ anyone who thinks we are getting Haaland.

im sure we could if it was summer, but its winter and we dont spend money in winter. not ever.

haaland will be in manchester within a month and we will be left with our dicks in our hands cause muh policy forbade it

Apr 19, 2007
lol @ anyone who thinks we are getting Haaland.

im sure we could if it was summer, but its winter and we dont spend money in winter. not ever.

haaland will be in manchester within a month and we will be left with our dicks in our hands cause muh policy forbade it
I doubt we get him because he wouldnt start for us but money isnt the January issue usually. Its a matter of why spend big on a player that cant play in the Champions League. That rule was done away with so its more of a possibility now than years previous

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I doubt we get him because he wouldnt start for us but money isnt the January issue usually. Its a matter of why spend big on a player that cant play in the Champions League. That rule was done away with so its more of a possibility now than years previous
No it's a matter of why spend on any player when our MF looks like THAT. And it's a question I've been asking for 5 years

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
maybe a part but no it isn't simply that. We don't only consider players who might be cup tied, we legit don't spend money in January

Apr 19, 2007
maybe a part but no it isn't simply that. We don't only consider players who might be cup tied, we legit don't spend money in January
Youre right. Its not just that. Its other teams not selling their great players, Cup tied,getting into the system in time to help etc. But I dont think any team really spends big in January on the reg

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You're right, we'll just cover our gaping holes next season!
You act like context doesnt exist. We have 7 CMs in our books, you know we wont move moving much of them to create space for another (especially in books salary wise), and if we do it will be a hack like Can being moved for an inspiring depth player like Paredes.

Real major upgrades arent available in January (and tend to cost 70m minimum in todays market, even more in Janaury cuz seller know buyers desperate), and if they are, like Eriksen, they will have better suitor in Real Madrid sadly.

Give me a viable and realistic upgrade option for Janaury right now for midfield and I will be 100% be behind the idea.

Someone like Haaland should neither be pit against hypothetical option for midfield upgrades, nor be ignored for it. He is too huge of an opportunity, he is going NOW, Raiola our friend his agent, no club in our level after him (that might change drastically in summer), is major talent, AND is cheap, that's alot of promising factors points to how we should get it done.

Not only a 19 year old clinical striker with bargain price, but hey, apparently we playing 3 attackers lineup full time now, and guess what? We dont have a single CF on our bench. That smells like a very necessary need for the team to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)