Winter mercato thread 2020 (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It'd be a superfluous acquisition. Let's address the biggest issue (midfield) first, then our RB department; after that, we can start looking at strikers.
How much faith do you actually have that Tootsie will focus on midfield?

Already bought a winger/am for 40-50m, looking at a young striker now, and Tonali to be the only mid. :weee:

Darmian to be our big RB signing. :seven:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
How much will Mikel Oyarzabal of Eibar cost?

22 year old winger
7 goals and 5 assists this season
contract expires in 2024

I would guess no less than Chiesa (at least 60 million).

Cuads is now a RB. Costa is physically injured. Berna is psychologically injured. We could use a quality winger with pace.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Our midfield is that bad? Rabiot and Bentancur are already good and still developing, you guys seem underrate their development. At this rate, they can become our core in one year. At the beginning of season, we said Pjanic is our best midfielder. And last night, after Pjanic played his usual game, many said he is the worst out of 3 mid, that's saying a lot. I understand we all want new shiny toy, but I don't want to trade this improving - Rabiot and Bentancur - for some highlight lazy-ass like Pogba. We signed Kulusevski, he can cover both AMC (for Ramsey) and winger (for Costa), that's already a good addition for next season.

Paraciti may be making mistake in the way, but I think he is in right direction. We need to have a plan for our next forward, because in 2 years time when Ronaldo and Higuain stop, we'll need a world-class complete forward to replace their attribute. Someone with speed, size, technical, smooth first touch, link up play, aerial threat, excellent finish... and that player is difficult to find. But if we can find, for example, a young Ibra, we'll strike golden.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
How much faith do you actually have that Tootsie will focus on midfield?

Already bought a winger/am for 40-50m, looking at a young striker now, and Tonali to be the only mid. :weee:

Darmian to be our big RB signing. :seven:
If Darmian is brought in, Tootsie should be flogged in La Piazza.

- - - Updated - - -

Our midfield is that bad? Rabiot and Bentancur are already good and still developing, you guys seem underrate their development. At this rate, they can become our core in one year. At the beginning of season, we said Pjanic is our best midfielder. And last night, after Pjanic played his usual game, many said he is the worst out of 3 mid, that's saying a lot. I understand we all want new shiny toy, but I don't want to trade this improving - Rabiot and Bentancur - for some highlight lazy-ass like Pogba. We signed Kulusevski, he can cover both AMC (for Ramsey) and winger (for Costa), that's already a good addition for next season.

Paraciti may be making mistake in the way, but I think he is in right direction. We need to have a plan for our next forward, because in 2 years time when Ronaldo and Higuain stop, we'll need a world-class complete forward to replace their attribute. Someone with speed, size, technical, smooth first touch, link up play, aerial threat, excellent finish... and that player is difficult to find. But if we can find, for example, a young Ibra, we'll strike golden.
Wrong. Midfield is too raw and inconsistent - one Tonali isn't going to change that. We aren't Lazio or Roma. We can't wait/waste one or two years for players to develop - the window is closing on winning the CL with CR7 here. We must put ourselves in the best possible position to win the CL, and we haven't done that with our midfield acquisitions since the summer of 2015.

We can focus on the attack in the summer of 2021.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If Darmian is brought in, Tootsie should be flogged in La Piazza.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Midfield is too raw and inconsistent - one Tonali isn't going to change that. We aren't Lazio or Roma. We can't wait/waste one or two years for players to develop - the window is closing on winning the CL with CR7 here. We must put ourselves in the best possible position to win the CL, and we haven't done that with our midfield acquisitions since the summer of 2015.

Tonali to look like a brilliant young Pirlo here next summer and Tonali and Bentancur to be the conductor and engine of our team driving us to a CL title alongside Dybala’s creativity, Ronaldo’s goals, Demiral’s grinta, and De Ligt’s aerial dominance. And last but not least, our Chainsmoking hobo’s Sarrismo genius.

Now stop crying about Darmian, bro.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tonali to look like a brilliant young Pirlo here next summer and Tonali and Bentancur to be the conductor and engine of our team driving us to a CL title alongside Dybala’s creativity, Ronaldo’s goals, Demiral’s grinta, and De Ligt’s aerial dominance. And last but not least, our Chainsmoking hobo’s Sarrismo genius.

Now stop crying about Darmian, bro.
You really think Tonali is enough? Fuck Darmian - We're not bringing that supreme worthless Jabroni here.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Matteo “benched by Ashley Young” Darmian

Matteo “benched by Antonio Valencia” Darmian

Matteo “missed crucial penalty against Germany” Darmian

Matteo “terrible sideburns” Darmian

do not want

athas

Jul 15, 2007

Rabiot started for a star-squad PSG at 21 years old, Bentancur is Juve's best mid whenever he plays lately, not sure about them raw and inconsistent. I believe in their potential, but seem you don't, let's see at the end of the season how they developed. Right now I already saw people rate them above Pjanic. Many addressed our midfield problem with the phase: "The only good mid we have is Pjanic...", now we have two more, and not reach their potential yet. That's pretty good for me.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I did say in recent weeks our midfield is not as much of a disaster as people made it out to be. It was only a matter of rabiot finding his feet and bentancur growing in confidence.

Sure there is room for improvement, but we've had far worse

- - - Updated - - -

Matteo “benched by Ashley Young” Darmian

Matteo “benched by Antonio Valencia” Darmian

Matteo “missed crucial penalty against Germany” Darmian

Matteo “terrible sideburns” Darmian

do not want
Dat Der Beppe's wet dream

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How much will Mikel Oyarzabal of Eibar cost?

22 year old winger
7 goals and 5 assists this season
contract expires in 2024

I would guess no less than Chiesa (at least 60 million).

Cuads is now a RB. Costa is physically injured. Berna is psychologically injured. We could use a quality winger with pace.
He plays for Real Sociedad.

Will probably cost between 40 to 60m.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Guys which players would you consider a true upgrade ready to be a starter in our midfield?
Who in attack instead of Higuain or Dybala?
well if we continue with 4312 one in particular stands out. The world class attacking mid who is available but we seem to be just leaving to inter.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
well if we continue with 4312 one in particular stands out. The world class attacking mid who is available but we seem to be just leaving to inter.
Eriksen is a better version of Ramsey and now what do we do with him? if we didn't have Ramsey I'd be all for snatching Eriksen from Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)