Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
without big moneys you can only win local cups. even arsenal gets auba for 68m. it's $#@!ing arsenal, 3rd tier club... i'm bored of winning Serie A every year. :cry:

I get what you are saying even if I dont think Auba one Kanuba is the player of reference.
I thought about the price and Auba and if I like him to join Juve and the answer is very simple I dont think he is that great
Yeah in terms of scoring he gets it done but if for an instance you take him and compare him to Lewandowski you see my point as Auba is speed finishing (and honestly I dont think his shooting skills are that great as usually his goals are not a tough angle or some very tough chance.. dont get me wrong every player has those easy goals along with the others but I just dont see him as a player of the level I want)
Auba can be good for Serie A but he is not Tevez or Suarez who can give us the extra we need. At least thats my opinion
Besides that Auba`s wages - I dont know how much Arsenal gave him but I guess its around the double of what Juve would have given him should we go for him...

I`d really like us to get a pacey dribbler with great finishing but I just dont feel Auba is the right guy even if he is very fast and isnt a bad dribbler.. Not worth it IMO

As for spending in order to win in Europe - I agree - take the 2015 team for instance - add some real cash into it and despite facing a monster Barcelona Im not that sure Barcelona would have won it..
Take the 2017 team and add the money factor which means Pogba could have remained - I would expect our game vs Real to be different (not sure about winning or losing but it would have been a completely different game)
B.Silva is another player we could have try to get instead of not even put a fight vs City - a player who could really give us that extra in the wings

- - - Updated - - -

As for Han - I guess we will be getting him in the summer

- - - Updated - - -

On another note just wondering would you accept this or would you be against it (next season):
Polak;Spinazzola Chiellini Benatia Bellerin; Pjanic Matuidi Can; Dybala SMS; Higuain

Buy on AliExpress.com

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
I get what you are saying even if I dont think Auba one Kanuba is the player of reference.
I thought about the price and Auba and if I like him to join Juve and the answer is very simple I dont think he is that great
Yeah in terms of scoring he gets it done but if for an instance you take him and compare him to Lewandowski you see my point as Auba is speed finishing (and honestly I dont think his shooting skills are that great as usually his goals are not a tough angle or some very tough chance.. dont get me wrong every player has those easy goals along with the others but I just dont see him as a player of the level I want)
Auba can be good for Serie A but he is not Tevez or Suarez who can give us the extra we need. At least thats my opinion
Besides that Auba`s wages - I dont know how much Arsenal gave him but I guess its around the double of what Juve would have given him should we go for him...

I`d really like us to get a pacey dribbler with great finishing but I just dont feel Auba is the right guy even if he is very fast and isnt a bad dribbler.. Not worth it IMO

As for spending in order to win in Europe - I agree - take the 2015 team for instance - add some real cash into it and despite facing a monster Barcelona Im not that sure Barcelona would have won it..
Take the 2017 team and add the money factor which means Pogba could have remained - I would expect our game vs Real to be different (not sure about winning or losing but it would have been a completely different game)
B.Silva is another player we could have try to get instead of not even put a fight vs City - a player who could really give us that extra in the wings

- - - Updated - - -

As for Han - I guess we will be getting him in the summer

- - - Updated - - -

On another note just wondering would you accept this or would you be against it (next season):
Polak;Spinazzola Chiellini Benatia Bellerin; Pjanic Matuidi Can; Dybala SMS; Higuain

i'm not taking Auba as a reference point but i'm sure he is better than Higuain. first point is, we need specific/special players who can make you better/unpredictable. if your team playing badly, Higuain can't do anything special but Auba?
second point is, if you don't have money you can't keep your best players, not only buying a new one. Vidal, Pogba, Tevez, Dani Alves and possible Alex Sandro, Dybala... this is why our roster is changing every year.

with that squad you can only win Europe League. Matuidi, Can and Milinkovic Savic in same team is not ideal for a team who wants to win CL. extremely static midfield and attack. maybe SMS - PJANIC - POGBA/MODRIC/INIESTA

plus your midfield isn't capable to play with the ball. if this is your defence, you need ball playing midfield and deadly atack. simple unbalanced.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
i'm not taking Auba as a reference point but i'm sure he is better than Higuain. first point is, we need specific/special players who can make you better/unpredictable. if your team playing badly, Higuain can't do anything special but Auba?
second point is, if you don't have money you can't keep your best players, not only buying a new one. Vidal, Pogba, Tevez, Dani Alves and possible Alex Sandro, Dybala... this is why our roster is changing every year.

with that squad you can only win Europe League. Matuidi, Can and Milinkovic Savic in same team is not ideal for a team who wants to win CL. extremely static midfield and attack. maybe SMS - PJANIC - POGBA/MODRIC/INIESTA

plus your midfield isn't capable to play with the ball. if this is your defence, you need ball playing midfield and deadly atack. simple unbalanced.
I asked because if we are buying SMS without selling Dybala this is how we are probably going to look like
As for Auba vs Higuain - I think Higuain is not the same as he was 2 seasons ago but still I see him better than Auba but honestly its hard to compare them as they are different type of forwards
I agree Auba can take the ball when the team is playing bad and make a solo effort while Higuain probably cant however I see Higuain as much more of a threat to oppositions because of his finishing ability and physique

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
without big moneys you can only win local cups. even arsenal gets auba for 68m. it's fucking arsenal, 3rd tier club... i'm bored of winning Serie A every year. :cry:

how may european cups have the "big money" spenders like arsenal, man city, psg won

please show me

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
how may european cups have the "big money" spenders like arsenal, man city, psg won

please show me
Its a formula its not just one thing
Managing Right without money - You could achieve success but is way less likely than managing right+$
Arsenal is just $ so even if they spend big they dont win anything...
As for Man City and PSG they are not in the same criteria as Arsenal.. Those are clubs that 10 years ago were not considered top 50 so they spent big and gave big wages in order to attract players into their team
Both City and PSG are currently in the top 10 - Are they going to win the CL this year?! Maybe and maybe not
Man City really grown this season although I still think they are being overrated by fans and the media - Their chance of winning - Well they are one of the 16 teams that got to the knockouts and they have Basel as opponents so you can say they already achieved qualifying for the last 8!
PSG got a tougher opponent but the amount of quality they have in attack is just unreal! If you take a look down the history its probably second only to Barca`s MSN and this is just because Messi is an alien!
Can PSG win it?! I`d definitely say they are one of the favorites along with Barca Bayern and Real Madrid - So yeah I`d say PSG tactic is working!
Juve are probably the best non crazy spending club and still managed to get to 2 finals in 3 years + one year we were eliminated due to a referee mistake (Morata`s disallowed goal) + one year in which we werent as good as now we were eliminated because we played a Tank called Bayern (who then went on to demolish Barca 7-0 over two legs and winning the CL)
Imagine what would happen if in addition to our very good management we would also have that crazy $ to spend..
Yeah we might get the same results and might get better results but the chance of winning the CL would vastly improve if we have that crazy sum to spend
Just imagine this lineup - Buffon;A.Sandro Chiellini Benatia Bellerin; Pogba Vidal/SMS Pjanic; Hazard/Cavani Higuain Dybala
Hazard/Cavani/Higuain (two out of the 3 play)
In midfield we would probably be able to prove great difficulties to anyone
In attack there is great quality
Our defense is most of the time great and if you dont like it we can replace Benatia...
Can you really say that this team would have been impossible to have should we have the money?! Pogba would have never left while Vidal would probably stay as he would understand we have a better chance of winning the CL..
Hazard will leave Chelsea sooner or later.. Cavani and PSG doesnt look like a perfect match to me so we could get him.. and if you dont like this lineup there are other very good players you can add (realistically speaking - Not Messi Neymar CR7 as its obvious that even with money we wouldnt get them) ohh and I already forgot Sanchez

- - - Updated - - -

Now back to reality - Do you think Muller leaving Bayern is a possibility?

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
You make some interesting points @Orgut. Its a formula its not just one thing
Managing Right without money - You could achieve success but is way less likely than managing right+$
Arsenal is just $ so even if they spend big they dont win anything...
As for Man City and PSG they are not in the same criteria as Arsenal.. Those are clubs that 10 years ago were not considered top 50 so they spent big and gave big wages in order to attract players into their team
Both City and PSG are currently in the top 10 - Are they going to win the CL this year?! Maybe and maybe not
Man City really grown this season although I still think they are being overrated by fans and the media - Their chance of winning - Well they are one of the 16 teams that got to the knockouts and they have Basel as opponents so you can say they already achieved qualifying for the last 8!
PSG got a tougher opponent but the amount of quality they have in attack is just unreal! If you take a look down the history its probably second only to Barca`s MSN and this is just because Messi is an alien!
Can PSG win it?! I`d definitely say they are one of the favorites along with Barca Bayern and Real Madrid - So yeah I`d say PSG tactic is working!
Juve are probably the best non crazy spending club and still managed to get to 2 finals in 3 years + one year we were eliminated due to a referee mistake (Morata`s disallowed goal) + one year in which we werent as good as now we were eliminated because we played a Tank called Bayern (who then went on to demolish Barca 7-0 over two legs and winning the CL)
Imagine what would happen if in addition to our very good management we would also have that crazy $ to spend..
Yeah we might get the same results and might get better results but the chance of winning the CL would vastly improve if we have that crazy sum to spend
Just imagine this lineup - Buffon;A.Sandro Chiellini Benatia Bellerin; Pogba Vidal/SMS Pjanic; Hazard/Cavani Higuain Dybala
Hazard/Cavani/Higuain (two out of the 3 play)
In midfield we would probably be able to prove great difficulties to anyone
In attack there is great quality
Our defense is most of the time great and if you dont like it we can replace Benatia...
Can you really say that this team would have been impossible to have should we have the money?! Pogba would have never left while Vidal would probably stay as he would understand we have a better chance of winning the CL..
Hazard will leave Chelsea sooner or later.. Cavani and PSG doesnt look like a perfect match to me so we could get him.. and if you dont like this lineup there are other very good players you can add (realistically speaking - Not Messi Neymar CR7 as its obvious that even with money we wouldnt get them) ohh and I already forgot Sanchez

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Back to reality - Do you think Muller leaving Bayern is a possibility? Would you want us to sign him?
and what about these players:
Florian Thauvin
Eriksen
Immobile
Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)