Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Those were near risk free signings. Özil would command a huge wage + signing on fee especially if players like Sanchez would be earning €15M net annually. We would have to make him highest paid player and possibly sacrifise Dybala which is why we won't go after him.

Besides replacing 24 yr old Dybala with near 30 year old Özil will put us in another Higuain-esque situation.

We're not getting him anyway
I don’t think Dybala is leaving so he wouldn’t replace him IMO

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Barza was on low wages and no one expected anything from him. Pirlo was a class act seeking a new challenge. Also, it was a different Juve back then. We had nowhere near the clout, pulling power, or financial capability we do now. Don't do this shit Hust ;)
What I’m saying is, how do you even know how he will perform with us? That’s the point. We were a risk too for Barza and Pirlo but we managed to revive them when we were struggling. Now we aren’t so the possibility of him excelling with us is high IMO.

I’m talking about what they could do for us not their salaries

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
What I really like about Jupp is that he know how to organize a defence. Bayern under him have been really hard to break down, it was also a big help he decided to put Javi Martinez back at the CDM position. He is a beast there.

Such kind of attitude :heart:

[video=twitter;950356937413152768]https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/950356937413152768[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing for Juventus and Bayern is that one of the big dogs will go out early. Be it Real Madrid, PSG, Barca or Chelsea. Not that I expect Chelsea to win CL, but still. Best would be an early exit for Real Madrid and Barca.

I also doubt PSG got the mental strength to win it, but lets see
Obviously Real are not in good place right now but i think PSG can easily choke it and Real have that experience. Can see something like 0:0 2:1 Ramos 89`.
Chelsea are not doing well and with Conte CL record meh...i think Barca will win quite convincingly. They did that against us and i think we are better than Chelsea at least on the overall form and performances this season. I mean Roma trashed them. Roma.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Obviously Real are not in good place right now but i think PSG can easily choke it and Real have that experience. Can see something like 0:0 2:1 Ramos 89`.
Chelsea are not doing well and with Conte CL record meh...i think Barca will win quite convincingly. They did that against us and i think we are better than Chelsea at least on the overall form and performances this season. I mean Roma trashed them. Roma.
Yeah, thats also why i want Madrid out. They are a dangerous team and know how to win it, on top of that they only have the CL to play for and the copa. Them out early would be great.

I have a feeling Barca are up for a challenge against Chelsea, but yes they will progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine making this lazy player our highest paid player...
Özil is no doubt a talented player, but he is simply so lazy to look at.. And when things are going against the team I bet most fans would kill him because of his attitude

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Özil would just be luxury signing. Wont make us win the CL. Not sure where he would play in our current system. Doesnt suit us because of his (poor) workrate.

Would do ok in serie a though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah cuz $#@! barzagli and pirlo for the garbage bin players they were before they joined Juve :agree:
Barzagli had a poor rep before he joined us. He had been ridiculed for years. Was part of that euro08 Netherlands trashing which was the biggest defeat Italy suffered. Yes he won the Bundesliga later but most people here dididnt watch it.

Check the first pages of Barzagli thread. Some funny comments.

With Pirlo it was somewhat different. We were in a bad place and we took a gamble we could in a sense that Milan thought he was finished. We had back to back 7place finishes. We had to take the most of our opportunities in the market. He was basically the Xabi Alonso transfer we needed before when we signed trash like Poulsen instead.

But one main point is that we were able to gamble on these players. Now we are at the top and gambles might have different results.

Wouldnt like Dybala gone for 30year old lazy Ozil. Also what are we buying with the Dybala money then?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What I’m saying is, how do you even know how he will perform with us? That’s the point. We were a risk too for Barza and Pirlo but we managed to revive them when we were struggling. Now we aren’t so the possibility of him excelling with us is high IMO.

I’m talking about what they could do for us not their salaries
Ozil is lazy and ineffective in big games. Why is that going to change with us? It's like some of you just want to convince yourselves that because we are targeting a player, he's gonna come good for us, and we're miraculously going to weed out all his flaws and he'll perform. It doesn't work like that; there's no magic wand. I don't trust Ozil, I don't think he's worth the risk or the investment, and I believe he simply isn't good enough. We should be targeting better players, or go for someone younger with more upside/potential. Like I said, Ozil doesn't look like a motivated player to me; he's just looking for that last big paycheck before he can fuck off and retire into obscurity.

May 26, 2016
Ozil is lazy and ineffective in big games. Why is that going to change with us? It's like some of you just want to convince yourselves that because we are targeting a player, he's gonna come good for us, and we're miraculously going to weed out all his flaws and he'll perform. It doesn't work like that; there's no magic wand. I don't trust Ozil, I don't think he's worth the risk or the investment, and I believe he simply isn't good enough. We should be targeting better players, or go for someone younger with more upside/potential. Like I said, Ozil doesn't look like a motivated player to me; he's just looking for that last big paycheck before he can $#@! off and retire into obscurity.
Agree. being idealistic and positive is nice, but very rarely do we see players like this change their characteristics by changing clubs. That being said, many doubted Tevez and Pirlo too.

If there is one club that could change Ozil, it would be us. I still dont support the idea of getting him. Too big of a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)