Winter Mercato 2023 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I do wonder if splashing the extra cash for Depay would have made the difference and allowed us to play better football this year, or if we would have crashed anyway and we'd have had an obnoxious Depay at the club making things worse
clearly not, we have a better squad than last season yet we are doing worse than this time last season

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 23, 2011
clearly not, we have a better squad than last season yet we are doing worse than this time last season
You know what's sad? I am actually starting to wonder whether this is true. If it is, it's a very slight improvement.

- Our wing backs are unaddressed and our best one is a year older and fell off a cliff in a couple of months time.
- Di Maria replaced Dybala with the idea of moving to a 433. However, so far he has only played 60 effective minutes. Dybala's contribution, especially early last season, was huge (for those who don't remember, he did carry us in a few games before his injuries).
- Kostic is nothing more than a Bernardeschi replacement at this point, his contribution is worse than Morata's.
- Bremer = De Ligt
- Pogba hasn't played a minute
- Parades is the only real upgrade so far IMO

For all the huff and puff this summer we really haven't improved our team that much.

Edit: emphasis on so far. Things will look different when Chiesa and Pogba return and if they can stay healthy.

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'm so happy that we have Kostic and Bonucci instead of those guys in 2022. We are so much better off.

I called it back in 2018 and was mocked on here. We completely bottled our dominant position in Serie A because we prefer signing rejects from other big clubs (on run down contracts) instead of properly scouting players ourselves.

Barcelona signed Pedri from Las Palmas for 5 million Euros. He's now one of the best midfielders in the world. The last time we made a signing that intelligent was Pogba in 2012.
We do a bit of both. Which is reasonable given the financial situation. Some youngesters like Miretti and Fagioli and Gatti. Some established young players that we splash some cash on like Vlahovic, De Ligt and Kulu. Some experience like Di Maria, Matuidi, Khedira, Mandzukic, Kostic etc.. or big club rejects like Paredes and Pogba.

Barcelona has one of the best youth systems in the world ofcourse and thats why their youngsters tend to grow to become world beaters but they too went for Lewandoski, Aubemayang etc.. Its not all youngsters like Pedri. The key difference ofc is that we turn everything and everyone to shit, experienced, reject, youngster, established player.. all get sucked into the blackhole of Allegriball

- - - Updated - - -

You know what's sad? I am actually starting to wonder whether this is true. If it is, it's a very slight improvement.

- Our wing backs are unaddressed and our best one is a year older and fell off a cliff in a couple of months time.
- Di Maria replaced Dybala with the idea of moving to a 433. However, so far he has only played 60 effective minutes. Dybala's contribution, especially early last season, was huge (for those who don't remember, he did carry us in a few games before his injuries).
- Kostic is nothing more than a Bernardeschi replacement at this point, his contribution is worse than Morata's.
- Bremer = De Ligt

For all the huff and puff this summer we really haven't improved our team that much.

Edit: emphasis on so far. Things will look different when Chiesa and Pogba return and if they can stay healthy.
Milik is our best player currently. Kostic while unimpressive is nevertheless making assists. Not to mention Vlahovic wasnt here at the start of last season and Zach.....oh wait

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

- Bremer = De Ligt

Forgetting the fact that Miretti wasnt even a first team player at the start of last season Kostic already has 3 assists so hes already miles ahead of bernadeschi

Di Maria is more functional in this system than Dybala

We have players like Fagioli and Soule in the rotation too

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Milik is our best player currently. Kostic while unimpressive is nevertheless making assists. Not to mention Vlahovic wasnt here at the start of last season and Zach.....oh wait
With Allegri as our coach these new players will start to enter their expired date and become soulless like the others

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Even with De Bruyne van dijk and mbappe we would be getting similar results.
Similar? Nope. Still way off potential Yes!
You are talking about players that can change a game by their own.
VVD is a great defender and he would definitely solve the CB position. Just a reminder we needed a CB before we sold MDL and we got Bremer instead of MDL which I am willing to call it as a top quality for top quality even if I still think Bremer should show more before saying it.
In other words - We didnt get the top defender we need.
LB position - A.Sandro is done and I would have said otherwise should he shine under a different coach but he is clearly done.

I do agree that the main issue is the coach though. Our team even with 10 men should be able to beat Monza. Hell Monza played against us like we are Monza...

Jul 28, 2002
Similar? Nope. Still way off potential Yes!
You are talking about players that can change a game by their own.
VVD is a great defender and he would definitely solve the CB position. Just a reminder we needed a CB before we sold MDL and we got Bremer instead of MDL which I am willing to call it as a top quality for top quality even if I still think Bremer should show more before saying it.
In other words - We didnt get the top defender we need.
LB position - A.Sandro is done and I would have said otherwise should he shine under a different coach but he is clearly done.

I do agree that the main issue is the coach though. Our team even with 10 men should be able to beat Monza. Hell Monza played against us like we are Monza...
I dunno - I can see Tuz complaining about them and utter shambles of a display.

Allegros job is to build a team. Throwing players on and letting them do anything will always result in this mess. As you say - monza making us look like Monza!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The squad is definitely stronger than last season. Paredes and Miretti (who Allegri refused to play last season anyway) alone are vast improvements.
I dont know. Potentially we are stronger but its not that simple.
Dybala left - Even if some dont like him, he is a players that gave numbers.
Di Maria arrived - Lets see how he integrate. He was injured and then he came back and got a red card. Though to judge if it is good that we got D.M over Dybala.
Pogba arrived - A major improvement in my books but he is currently injured.
MDL-Bremer - For now I rate MDL more since I saw MDL on a weekly basis and more while its just the start for Bremer. Lets say the are equal for the sake of it.
Paredes - Yap we got Paredes and it was a good move IMO although not a great one. We could have had a better midfield should we keep that guy that killed us yesterday.. I mean in addition not instead.

Miretti is a pleasant surprise but dont make him a superstar - He is the only one who does his job well but it doesnt mean he is great.
Milik is a good addition
Overall - I`d say we are potentially better.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Im always reading inter forums during mercato days and they all said the same - Juve made a great mercato, addressed most of their issues, but there is Allegri and all we can hope is he fucks things up. Guess they were right after all.

Jul 13, 2010
We need to pre-sign Gaya and Tielemans in January to come on free. Skriniar probably will go abroad if not extend. Asensio is also someone I would look at, but he sounds like Napoli-type signing.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We need to pre-sign Gaya and Tielemans in January to come on free. Skriniar probably will go abroad if not extend. Asensio is also someone I would look at, but he sounds like Napoli-type signing.
Gaya and Tielemans will go other places. There is no reason for them to come here when everything is so uncertain and all unfunctional. They will get other offers from top clubs and this time we wont be able to do anything about it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Im always reading inter forums during mercato days and they all said the same - Juve made a great mercato, addressed most of their issues, but there is Allegri and all we can hope is he fucks things up. Guess they were right after all.
what was great about the recent mercato, besides we lowered the wage bill a bit? fullback situation not addressed, paredes the only usable new midfielder, chiellini left, oldies got older, no game winner was brought in, etc. it's more or less the same squad with a few sideways steps

:boh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)