Winter Mercato 2023 (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We need to be looking at Benifica's sprting director. They seem to have a good eye for talent and are how to exercise tolerance right money from the rich clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

If McKennie was a Benifica player, Chelsea would probably be paying $50 million.
Benfica buy players through agencies and 3rd parties. These players are not fully owned by the club. A percentage of players' rights are owned by these 3rd party agencies like Jorge Mendes' agency Gestifute for example. Not all of that transfer money goes to the club.

Portuguese clubs carry out way more shady business than any other European nation.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Benfica buy players through agencies and 3rd parties. These players are not fully owned by the club. A percentage of players' rights are owned by these 3rd party agencies like Jorge Mendes' agency Gestifute for example. Not all of that transfer money goes to the club.

Portuguese clubs carry out way more shady business than any other European nation.
Agreed.

If we got investigated for the plusvalenza stuff in Italy, we'd be nailed to a wall for some of the shit these Portuguese clubs do.

And while I have little reservations about becoming a little more of a buy/sell/buy club, I don't want to COMPLETELY become a feeder club for the EPL and Bayern like Benfica and FC Porto have become.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
McKennie at Dortmund honestly smells like a successful transfer move. I bet he goes there and finds a new gear
I'm not worried about him finding a new gear. He already runs a lot.

He needs to find out how to pass and how to receive the ball. His first touch is beyond awful.

And if Dortmund can teach him that, its a win-win for me. Juventus got 40m for a player who plays a position we have a logjam at and a USMNT player improved.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Agreed.

If we got investigated for the plusvalenza stuff in Italy, we'd be nailed to a wall for some of the shit these Portuguese clubs do.

And while I have little reservations about becoming a little more of a buy/sell/buy club, I don't want to COMPLETELY become a feeder club for the EPL and Bayern like Benfica and FC Porto have become.
At this point our only way to avoid this is hope that we find top-class players who want to play here because it's Juventus, and they set us up for good years at the top of European football to re-establish our brand as giant club, and without wanting these players wanting to leave or being pushed out the door by management for capital gains. Most likely will obviously be Italian players and this emerging generation looks promising so I'm optimistic

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
There will be some great free agent players in the summer, should the club do the classic Juve tactic and sign some of them?

Kante, Jorginho, Zaha, De Gea, Thiago Silva, Modric, Asensio, Skriniar, Firmino
What's this? The Shitlist? Fuck these overpaid ageing geezers (Modric and possibly Firmino aside).

Kante is done, and Fagjinho hasn't been relevant or good in two years.

We need to stop this obsession with garbage freebies. I am all for targeting the younger free agents though - at least they will probably be hungry and eager to prove themselves.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

He needs to find out how to pass and how to receive the ball. His first touch is beyond awful.

And if Dortmund can teach him that, its a win-win for me. Juventus got 40m for a player who plays a position we have a logjam at and a USMNT player improved.
Totally agree. By new gear I meant a new level of general play. Idk just BVB seems like the kind of club he'll do really well at. And the german hipsters will love having an American in the first team. Plus we get some bank. Win win, sell sell

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
At this point our only way to avoid this is hope that we find top-class players who want to play here because it's Juventus, and they set us up for good years at the top of European football to re-establish our brand as giant club, and without wanting these players wanting to leave or being pushed out the door by management for capital gains. Most likely will obviously be Italian players and this emerging generation looks promising so I'm optimistic
On some level, I agree.

But I'm not totally against selling players for large sums to richer leagues. Listen, I know its not ideal but its the times. This isn't 2000 Serie A and we have to be realistic that some young players are going to be tempted by the allure of EPL money and Bayern/Real/Barca/PSG money. And we have to come to terms with that. Football has changed and I would prefer we build a core team of Italians who want to stay here and want to a part of a Juventus project and then surrounded them with young, talented players who perhaps might be swayed to leave at some point. And those players leaving and the financial boost they bring must become part of the plan. The plan is centered on Italians and flexible on young, blossoming players who are victims of the modern game and might chase money at some point.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Cough Drops? We really like garbage rejects from other teams don't we? If he's trouble maker at Roma and not even that good to begin with, why the fuck are we targeting him?

I doubt BVB will pay 30 million for McNuggets - EPL team will though, but he seems to think he's too good for Villa or West Brom :sergio: :howler: :b81:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Out of the rumored clubs, Dortmund would probably be his best option for overall growth and playing in the CL. Spurts would probably be second. After that, I guess Aston Villa wouldn't be terrible, but choosing a side like Bournmouth is way too risky.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
I think we've already started our own version of what the Red Bull organizations do. This Next Gen in the limited time we've seen it is producing more promising players than we ever had since I can remember. Playing in Serie C definitely helps a lot.

Now we must continue that. We must show that the faith was properly placed by giving Nzouango a chance with the squad when his time comes. We must give Yildiz a chance with the squad when his time comes. And we must react quickly. If Yildiz is destroying Next Gen and Serie C, even at 19-20, he must be called up and given a shot. Young players will see this and this will become a selling point of our system.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018

Very interesting. I learned something new today.
As others have mentioned, if we do this, then all of Serie A could start screaming bloody murder.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think we've already started our own version of what the Red Bull organizations do. This Next Gen in the limited time we've seen it is producing more promising players than we ever had since I can remember. Playing in Serie C definitely helps a lot.

Now we must continue that. We must show that the faith was properly placed by giving Nzouango a chance with the squad when his time comes. We must give Yildiz a chance with the squad when his time comes. And we must react quickly. If Yildiz is destroying Next Gen and Serie C, even at 19-20, he must be called up and given a shot. Young players will see this and this will become a selling point of our system.
Ok but not Nzouango.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)