Winter Mercato 2023 (74 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Karsdorp is a backup type and we’ll have Cambiaso for that soon enough. Seems like a waste of time.
different positions though, cambiaso is supposed to replace sandro, while karsdorp is a right back primarily

btw i'm not fully convinced about cambiaso either. udogie should have been an obviously better pick and i'd take parisi over cambiaso too. either way, i agree thst karsdorp isn't an appealing option

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
different positions though, cambiaso is supposed to replace sandro, while karsdorp is a right back primarily

btw i'm not fully convinced about cambiaso either. udogie should have been an obviously better pick and i'd take parisi over cambiaso too. either way, i agree thst karsdorp isn't an appealing option
Sandro is a LCB in the current system and Cambiaso is a wingback who can play both flanks. I think they should add another right wingback, but someone that is good enough to start, not Karsdorp. Cambiaso can provide the depth.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Rick Karsdorp did not show up today for the starting of training with ASRoma. The relationship with Josè Mourinho is over and the dutch right fullback is ready to leave in January on loan. Juventus and OlympiqueMarseille have asked info for him.(Nico schira)
Can't wait for Allegri to ruin another top defender

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Or we could use our youth at that position and use our wage funds to improve the area we actually need improvement in like defense instead of a wage drain on a loan :)

- - - Updated - - -

And you’re the only one that brought up superstars :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

When was the last time a player “offered” to us was any good? If a player that’s being offered around like to any bidders isn’t that a bad sign?
Soulé is the best we have to offer there and he's not even close to being good enough for now. So with Di Maria and Cuads prob leaving, we'd only have 2 out-and-out wingers even if we add Iling Junior in the mix. May add Kostic as well but he's a pure leftie and better in a lower position like the 3-5-2 offers. Realism.

When? Last summer.

And yeah, loaning in a player actually provides investment room in other positions.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Leandro Paredes’ move from Paris Saint-Germain to Juventus looked to be a smart move in the summer but things haven’t really gone to plan for the Argentinian.
The 28-year-old midfielder joined the Bianconeri on a loan deal with a conditional obligation to buy clause in the summer, adding an experienced and creative option to Massimiliano Allegri’s midfield. Unfortunately for Paredes, he hasn’t started for Juventus since their 1-0 loss to Monza and he’s started to slip down the pecking order in Turin.
As reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus are not likely to sign Paredes on a permanent deal and the 28-year-old is set to return to Paris Saint-Germain next summer.
The clause attached to his loan deal was linked to qualification for the Round of 16 of the Champions League, meaning the Bianconeri are under no obligation to pay €27.8m to make his stay in the Piedmont capital permanent.
Paredes has provided one assist for Juventus across his 13 appearances under Allegri this season.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
since we missed out on udogie, i'd take him or parisi

@Lion look at this guy pretending to actually see those players on the pitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Leandro Paredes’ move from Paris Saint-Germain to Juventus looked to be a smart move in the summer but things haven’t really gone to plan for the Argentinian.
The 28-year-old midfielder joined the Bianconeri on a loan deal with a conditional obligation to buy clause in the summer, adding an experienced and creative option to Massimiliano Allegri’s midfield. Unfortunately for Paredes, he hasn’t started for Juventus since their 1-0 loss to Monza and he’s started to slip down the pecking order in Turin.
As reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus are not likely to sign Paredes on a permanent deal and the 28-year-old is set to return to Paris Saint-Germain next summer.
The clause attached to his loan deal was linked to qualification for the Round of 16 of the Champions League, meaning the Bianconeri are under no obligation to pay €27.8m to make his stay in the Piedmont capital permanent.
Paredes has provided one assist for Juventus across his 13 appearances under Allegri this season.
Would be nice but I heard the sides don't have to reveal the details of what triggers such obligations to buy so my guess is lgds is just speculating.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Soulé is the best we have to offer there and he's not even close to being good enough for now. So with Di Maria and Cuads prob leaving, we'd only have 2 out-and-out wingers even if we add Iling Junior in the mix. May add Kostic as well but he's a pure leftie and better in a lower position like the 3-5-2 offers. Realism.

When? Last summer.

And yeah, loaning in a player actually provides investment room in other positions.
I'd rather get a permanent position filled for winger, rather than put another bandaid fix in place. You made it sound like his current form isn't great and your hope is to rediscover his Valencia form. Is that correct? So why not use the wages saved from ADM & Cuads leaving to invest in a long term solution then? None of us knew Miretti would have hit the ground running the way he did, and to an extent Fagioli. This time next year Soule/Iling will be that much further along in their development. Would much rather give them a shot or actually bite the bullet and get a long term solution in there.

If anything, we should have learned a valuable lesson...trust our youth system more and here we are, discussing a transfer move that gives a middle finger again to two promising youngsters. We never learn.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I'd rather get a permanent position filled for winger, rather than put another bandaid fix in place. You made it sound like his current form isn't great and your hope is to rediscover his Valencia form. Is that correct? So why not use the wages saved from ADM & Cuads leaving to invest in a long term solution then? None of us knew Miretti would have hit the ground running the way he did, and to an extent Fagioli. This time next year Soule/Iling will be that much further along in their development. Would much rather give them a shot or actually bite the bullet and get a long term solution in there.

If anything, we should have learned a valuable lesson...trust our youth system more and here we are, discussing a transfer move that gives a middle finger again to two promising youngsters. We never learn.
I don't know what his recent form is 'cause I refuse to watch Farca. All I know is Man City was packed and Xavi doesn't like him.
First you said 'invest in other positions' and now it's 'let's get a permanent fix'. Well, we don't know if both can be done at the same time but loaning in a talented player could surely be the key to this.

Youth players are fine to complement experienced players. Banking on 3 inexperienced wingers out of 4 is NOT the way to go. We have mooooooore than enough playing time for 4 wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)