Winter Mercato 2023 (84 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
With all the Woj hate, Chelsea supposedly are after him. And he makes a large wage. And our backup is nearly as good if not as good just in different ways.

My thoughts on a GK are simple: if its one of the top 3 in the world, pay the high wages. If they're not Top 3 in the world, the difference between top 5 and top 25 GK is not as large as some might think. So get a top 25 GK and pay them lower wages.

The GK should NOT be a top 5 earner in your squad unless it is some super GK (and Donna is one imo, especially when you factor in his age). End of story. The wages are better spent elsewhere imo. That's always been my feelings. You can see it with Perin and Woj. Neither is top 25 in the world. Though Woj is paid like it. And the difference isn't massive. They're different GKs with different strengths and weaknesses but in terms of total quality spread over 50 matches a season, they'll probably be pretty close in performance unless its a one-off particularly bad season. It happens.

I will say, with how the sport is going lately and how easily Penalties are given, a GK who is particularly good at PKs is a massive advantage. Especially when you talk about going to pens in tournaments. And Woj is top 5 worldwide at PKs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Why can't we find a Mike Maignan ourselves rather than going after a ridiculously overpaid, overrated goalie like Donnarumma?

Btw he was at fault for Mckennie's goal. Typical Dollarumma with horrendous positioning. If Szczesny did that, the abuses towards him would've been next level on here.

Frankly, I'd sell Szczesny and get Navas on a two year deal on the cheap and wait for the next goalie gem to pop up. All our funds should be directed towards improving the wide areas next summer.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Why can't we find a Mike Maignan ourselves rather than going after a ridiculously overpaid, overrated goalie like Donnarumma?

Btw he was at fault for Mckennie's goal. Typical Dollarumma with horrendous positioning. If Szczesny did that, the abuses towards him would've been next level on here.

Frankly, I'd sell Szczesny and get Navas on a two year deal on the cheap and wait for the next goalie gem to pop up. All our funds should be directed towards improving the wide areas next summer.
There is one problem though.. Navas will probably ask for higher wages than Woj.
As for the rest of the post - Fully agree.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
There is one problem though.. Navas will probably ask for higher wages than Woj.
As for the rest of the post - Fully agree.
Yeah, supposedly Navas wants wages almost 50% more than Woj currently is paid. That's why Navas was basically impossible to move for them.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Donnarumma is their full time starter.

Why would anyone say no to signing him? 23 year old Italian top goalie who is easily superior to declined Woj.

I mean we are glad Perin plays when Woj is injured for God's sake.
Gimme hallelujah for Osman!!! :MJ:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
The Szczesny bashing here is harsh. The guy had a few blunders at the beginning of last season due to lack of concentration but later on he saved us points on numerous occasions.
Polak is a fucking useless piece of shit, just admit it like everybody else here. I'm so glad people here have finally seen the light.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
If we are able to sell Tek get Donnaruma only if he accepts 6m net which is good because Tek receives 6.5 and in Donna's case we benefit from the growth decree next summer.
I can't see us selling Tek though and PSG would ask for 50m or something so it's not worth it we need to focus our resources on the fullbacks, wings and maybe an established CB.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I was somehow hoping for Oblak next summer on free, but seems like he is extending with Atletico

Meret is also free, but I guess we will be looking for a GK once Tek expires in 24

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Donna talk is so useless. Tek will leave once his deal expires, until then the GK position shouldn't be touched at all.

We need wingers, especially with Chiesa's prolonged recovery times and Cuads + Di Maria expiring come next Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)