Winter mercato 2022 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus are studying a midfield coup and set their sights on Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. Lazio want €75M, the Bianconeri are studying a first offer and are thinking of including Weston McKennie and Luca Pellegrini in the negotiations.(cmdotcom)

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Juventus are studying a midfield coup and set their sights on Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. Lazio want €75M, the Bianconeri are studying a first offer and are thinking of including Weston McKennie and Luca Pellegrini in the negotiations.(cmdotcom)
Still only 26yo, would be a great player to get. Has grinta, physical presence, drive, attacking flair, confidence. Really what we need in our timid midfield. That price is quite high though, but should still be worth it IMO.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
didn't we see the same news a couple of times already? i mean like 839 times in the last 5 years, with numbers ranging from 60m to 115m?

he'll never play for us. if he will somehow, it's a nice surprise.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
VDB can be really good if used properly. He's not the most skilled player but just makes it click. Muller of midfielders.
Knowing how we integrate players into the squad he'd be probably an useless loaf like in United unfortunately.
His off the ball movement in the final third and his runs in the box are the things he excels at. In a well functioning team with quality midfield partners he can be a very useful player, I agree. I just dont see him making a difference for us in our current setup.

His passing, shooting and creating skills are nothing special.

Getting him in a swap with Ramsey/McKennie? Sure why not, but such a deal is not happening and we should stop adding midfielders we dont need to the pile.

We need to aim higher and not set the bar as low as "better than our current options". This applies to like half of all Serie A midfielders.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Juventus are monitoring potential developments around Donny van de Beek. Juve are awaiting ‘signals’ from Manchester United. Matthijs de Ligt will try to convince him to join. Inter are also in contact.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Like I said before, van de Beek is ok, but we need to ship someone out. Also, I guess he earns a lot at ManU, so he should come with a paycut. Don't want another Rabiot/Ramsey. I think he will do well under a actual coach, but we need to make it a point to not overpay every single bum that's coming

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
VDB is not the answer at midfield. Another average player to add to our collection of average midfielders.

He is no significant improvement over McKennie or Ramsey and is worse than Rabiot, Bentancur, and probably worse than Arthur (who we haven't seen under Allegri yet).

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
VDB is not the answer at midfield. Another average player to add to our collection of average midfielders.

He is no significant improvement over McKennie or Ramsey and is worse than Rabiot, Bentancur, and probably worse than Arthur (who we haven't seen under Allegri yet).
I beg to differ. He is better than anyone not called Locatelli in our midfield. He’s just overlooked by a clueless coach that’s why he’s not hyped, but for a loan with option he can be very useful.
I’d definitely do it if we can sell/loan out Ramsey or Mckennie in January. We get to assess him for half a season and decide whether to buy him or look elsewhere in the summer.
Of course if Monaco’s Tchouamenie is available in January that’s a whole different story but Monaco won’t sell him mid season imo.
Also, he reportedly earns around 4m euros net, and we benefit from the new tax relaxing laws with him.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I beg to differ. He is better than anyone not called Locatelli in our midfield. He’s just overlooked by a clueless coach that’s why he’s not hyped, but for a loan with option he can be very useful.
I’d definitely do it if we can sell/loan out Ramsey or Mckennie in January. We get to assess him for half a season and decide whether to buy him or look elsewhere in the summer.
Of course if Monaco’s Tchouamenie is available in January that’s a whole different story but Monaco won’t sell him mid season imo.
Also, he reportedly earns around 4m euros net, and we benefit from the new tax relaxing laws with him.
Just call back Rovella enough with these soft mentality midfielders like van de beek

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Genoa would never agree to cut his loan mid-season. Remember Atalanta and Spinazzola?
It happened when sturaro was at Genoa but I am sure we aren't going to recall Rovella in January as we need to include kaio Jorge in the champions league squad with the exclusion of Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)