Windows XP (office vrs.) Help (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Even so, pressing prt scr, pasting it into paint and naming the file in 4 seconds is still somewhat impressive.

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    i already had everything in place waiting for that matherfaka to strike.

and yes, i have tart :extatic:

and the case isnt closed..i still have a prob..
    Marts, i haven't done anything with IE..im usin IE right now :undecide:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Alright, I'm gonna throw my two cent on this one. Not that anyone cares ;)

1. This one is to Graham. From my understanding, the timer says "00:04 Seconds LEFT" That means that it could have counted down from 2 minutes and it technically could have taken Dj Juve 1:56 minutes to do what he did. But that's besides the point ;)

2. This one is about the problem. The shut down could be a result of a virus which is playing around with your system. Have you updated your scanner lately? Generally, viruses like to play around with system files that cause your system to shut down. The message does'nt look like its comming from an external program so somehting is messed up within your system files. In this case, your best bet is to format.

One hint of advice, when ever you have system problems and the PC tells you what is gonig wrong, go do some research on that. Find out what that RPC or whatever thing is on google. Look for it in your registry. Trying running - Start - Run - msconfig, and see what services you are using. Hit control-alt-delete and find any 'odd' processes running. Find out what apps are in your "startup' and remove any odd ones. In fact, try starting your computer in safe mode and see if the problem persists.

Google is a very good solution. Generally, just type a couple of keywords of what the error is saying in the search bar, and if it is a popular problem, you are bound to come to a site or forum that has a solutoin. If worst comes to worse, you have to format. But that's no problem, you f: movies partition wont be deleted ;)

One question: Does that message pop up at the same time after each start up. Or does it just randomly come up. Try starting your system and leaving it idol for a couple of hours and see if it pops up. If it doesnt, then its something that you are doing that is activating this message to come up and shut down your computer.

Anyways, I can talk all night about where the problem could be, ill leave the fun for you to fix this one ;)

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    Ah thank you! :extatic: finally some constructive help

++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++

2. This one is about the problem. The shut down could be a result of a virus which is playing around with your system. Have you updated your scanner lately? Generally, viruses like to play around with system files that cause your system to shut down. The message does'nt look like its comming from an external program so somehting is messed up within your system files. In this case, your best bet is to format.
    done that. everything's fine from what i see.
    yeap i think im gonna format

i will do step three

One question: Does that message pop up at the same time after each start up. Or does it just randomly come up. Try starting your system and leaving it idol for a couple of hours and see if it pops up. If it doesnt, then its something that you are doing that is activating this message to come up and shut down your computer.

it's kinda weird. At safe mode its all good. but when i return to the normal mode, it's like a timebomb. sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 2-3 hours, but most of the time its about 2-3 minutes after i log it.

Anyways, I can talk all night about where the problem could be, ill leave the fun for you to fix this one ;)
    oh i'm sure i'll have such fun! :extatic:

:lazy:

btw, i have scarface in my movies drive...it would be a shame if it got deleted :broken:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Dj Juve ] ++
    Ah thank you! :extatic: finally some constructive help
    Sorry, I realised what the problem was when u posted the pic, but i was too busy observing all the quirks from the screenshot and forgot to post the solution :LOL:

DON'T FORMAT, RUN THE PROG IN THE LINK I POSTED, IT'LL WORK

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    lalalalalalaaaala it's running now.

are you sure this works man?
    but i did all that virus check thing already :undecide:

this better not screw up my comp even more man, or I'LL get a shotgun and a ticket to sydney

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    The MSBlast worm directly attacks a security hole in the RPC, so i'm pretty damn confident that's what it is.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    ok here's the prob. i cant close the virus check thing. i got the results and stuff, the procedure is completed. cant close it..i had to fukking restarted the damn thing (risky thing to do)

this is so fscked up.

here's the results

as i said, restarted that comp and wala! it happened again :wallbang:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I don't think u need to format. Just try running the prog again after u close all applications and non-essential processes

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    yay!.

its gone

Graham :heart: :flirt: :kiss:

;)

thanks

thanks alot guys

yeah, i think i was that wormie thing..

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #37
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    i wonder how he got that virus after MS said that an update would make u invulnerable to the virus

haha and you believed that :howler:

:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)