Winamp 5 (1 Viewer)

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
it really fits perfectly to this subject...

give it a try lac - it has won so many prices (best invention of the year etc)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
I have 2.87 and I'm glad how it works.
I switched to 3 version for a while, but that was a disaster.
So will keep my current version as long as I find out, that Winamp 5 is really better one.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
itunes will be also like a new haircut... a new and fresh experience...
ideally, max- i wish all my songs came on 12" or 8" nothing feels as good as that- when you can "feel" the song in your hands, and you can "see" each part of the song as marks on the vinyl.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
itunes is awsome for radio. but for listening to music and organizing your music, its pretty difictult. If you have 2000 + songs like me, you dont have time to rate them. And iTunes uses the tag information from songs, and all my tags are messed up. I just organize my music with folders and fix up their windows names. i never use playlists, even for alblums, i just highlight all the songs and hit enter. HOwever, the radio stations on iTunes ROCK! And their Cd-ripping is also not too user friendly. From my understanding, and experience, you dont have much options when it comes to naming the songs after theyve been ripped.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
difficult? you enter an audio-cd - itunes starts up automatically and requests the title information from the database... one click (on "import") and the cd is ripped to your com in no-time...

i have about 6000 songs and i also don't rate them all, but the best of them and it's cool to make the intelligent playlists:
for example:
all songs that are rated with 5 stars...

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #31
    ++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
    you guys better get itunes...

i don't know the latest winamp, but i've had my experiences with previous versions and i can tell u that itunes is simply better to manage one's library...
    you can also rip cds - (mp3 and AAC) - create playlists that are all displayed at the left of the app... you can burn cds and dvds (normal cds and mp3cds) direct from itunes... you can rate your songs... you can create intelligent playlists ("show me the 10 songs I have most listened to...) - itunes can also manage your library (once you open a file in itunes it wil be automatically be copied to the itunes music folder and will be managed) - you can share your library (including your playlists) with other people in a network.... you also have radio stations... - also if u're not interested in using the built-in itunes music store you can use it to browse through the world of music and get some impression by listening to the previews....
    Yeah Winamp now has a lot of that stuff, sort by most played and stuff like that. Mac software has often had a slight edge in usability, small things that make a program better to use. And it's no wonder since that seems to be what they focus on first and foremost.

The free version of Winamp doesn't have cd ripping, not that I need that anyway. And burning cds/dvds is handled elegantly by Nero anyway.

Btw, you know that guy that hacked the DVD format? Wrote DeCSS and the whole thing about the movie studios going after him etc. At least there's been a lot of noise about it in Norway, so far the charges have been dismissed by the court in Oslo. Anyhow, he recently released software to crack iTunes, to access the stuff you have to pay for without paying. :D

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #33
    Read just now that he was cleared of all charges and the sentence is final, the cops won't appeal. Couldn't find a press released in English though.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #35
    It's been 3 years now and I'm a little surprised myself that he was cleared. But then the legal standpoint wasn't *that* convincing either, they concluded he wasn't trying to encourage others to break the law, he just did it for his own personal use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)