Wimbeldon 2005 (1 Viewer)

OP
king Ale

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
  • Thread Starter #21
    Mauresmo-Davenport
    Williams-Sharapova
    ...Sharapova-Davenport would be a nice final.
    -------------------------------------
    MEN:
    big names won't face each other in this round.
    I predict Roddick,Federer,Nalbandian and Hewitt in semi final.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    The fall from fame of Venus and Serena Williams has been difficult to comprehend, but as Venus kept up family honour at Wimbledon with an inconsistent 6-0 7-6 victory over Mary Pierce, father Richard gave some insight into the exact reasons why Serena is no longer a threat.

"Serena is in the worst condition of her life," he said. "She's in worse shape than me. Tennis is not the most important thing in their (Venus and Serena) lives anymore. God is first, then family, education, business and then, fifth, to feel good about yourself."

An interesting statement given that tennis doesn't even appear on that list whereas 'business' comes third, highlighting the importance of off-court income rather than having to work for it.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
    The fall from fame of Venus and Serena Williams has been difficult to comprehend, but as Venus kept up family honour at Wimbledon with an inconsistent 6-0 7-6 victory over Mary Pierce, father Richard gave some insight into the exact reasons why Serena is no longer a threat.

"Serena is in the worst condition of her life," he said. "She's in worse shape than me. Tennis is not the most important thing in their (Venus and Serena) lives anymore. God is first, then family, education, business and then, fifth, to feel good about yourself."

An interesting statement given that tennis doesn't even appear on that list whereas 'business' comes third, highlighting the importance of off-court income rather than having to work for it.
    Their Dad is a tosser.
    Sharapova to retain, Roddick to reign.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Well, the only actual woman in the semi finals is out. Shame really, now we get to see two blokes finals :yawn:

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
    Wondering how did she play this match ! sucks

My sweety Got kick out from Venus. ooooooooh My God?

i bet there was something worng, she is the defending champion !

maybe suffering from an injury or it was a period time for her during this match that effected her ?

OP
    king Ale

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    today Federer and Hewitt :star:
    --------------------------------
    why Mauersmo and Davenports was postponed?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Roddick will have absolutely no chance against Federer in the final.

His game is so one-dimensional its almost embarrassing.Federer can play him up and down the court at will while Roddick is figuring out why his power game is failing him against one of the most gifted players ever to have played the game.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Yay!!! Go Venus!!! It was a really nice match

I dont think Roddick will get it because Federer is reaaalllyy good but hopefully Roddick will beat him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)