will inter screw it up again? interesting article (1 Viewer)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I have a feeling Roma is going to be very dangerous this year in Serie A.
Aquilani is a fantastic player who will only get better with time. Beside a leftback, GK, and a possible decline of Christian Panucci, I do not see major weakness in their team, and with Manicini, Totti, Aquilani, and Vucinic I feel they have genuine match winners. Inter players may have bigger reputation, but I feel Roma lot is better. Mexes, and Chivu, for instance, at this stage of career, are definetely better than Walter Samuel and Cordova. Ditto for De Rossi.

For me the key to Roma's successful season is that their star players must stay injury free. They do not have the incredible depth of Inter, and sustained absence from any of Mexes, Chivu, Totti, Mancini and De Rossi, I can imgaine the going downhill dramatically. Also I think they are going to tire out eventually with the lack of depth, especially at the back and forward. They better have some good youngsters down on the wings because they are going to need them.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
The first three games are crucial and I think indicative if Inter are able to lift the Scudetto.

Inter's first three fixtures:
Fiorentina(A), Sampdoria(H), Roma(A)

Possible points range: 3-7 pts
My estimation: 4 pts

Milan's first three fixtures:
Lazio(H), Parma(A), Ascoli(H)

Possible points range: 7-9 pts
My estimation: 9 pts

Hence, after three games I'd expect Milan to be only three points behind Inter (although they'd be more likely to be another leader at the summit). Of course if Inter start well and overcome two of the tougher fixtures of the season in that spell with anything of 7 pts or over it's safe to assume only Roma can challenge them.

But on Inter I don't consider Vieira, Zlatan or Crespo good signings nor keeping on Mancini. Whilst many consider those additions a key to achieve the title, in my opinion they just make it tougher for Mancini to manage the squad. There is also no improvement in creativity from midfield which looking at their away record last season was where problems stemmed not in keeping out opponents (except in matches like Palermo where they were steamrollered).

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Intro said:
The first three games are crucial and I think indicative if Inter are able to lift the Scudetto.

Hence, after three games I'd expect Milan to be only three points behind Inter (although they'd be more likely to be another leader at the summit). Of course if Inter start well and overcome two of the tougher fixtures of the season in that spell with anything of 7 pts or over it's safe to assume only Roma can challenge them.

But on Inter I don't consider Vieira, Zlatan or Crespo good signings nor keeping on Mancini. Whilst many consider those additions a key to achieve the title, in my opinion they just make it tougher for Mancini to manage the squad. There is also no improvement in creativity from midfield which looking at their away record last season was where problems stemmed not in keeping out opponents (except in matches like Palermo where they were steamrollered).
Good post Intro. I totally agree.

The Italian FA obviously designed the fixture with a view to make the season interesting by giving Milan early opportunity to catch up make season interesting. Although Milan will have to play same tough fixtures sometime in their calenda, a lot of psychological elements will come into play and if Milan see themselves couple of points behind Inter, the players will be more motivated.

Also as you pointed out, Inter's midfield quartet doesnt look too convincing. Stankovic is one of those players, thesedays, who can be a match winner on form (Ajax, for example), but can completely disppeaer on other times.
Central midfield parntership between Cambiasso and Viera has Emerson - Viera II written all over it. We all know how dreadful that was for both opposition and home fans. Figo showed last year that extra touch to confirm his class but does he still have the leg to last the whole season?

And attacking line-up is a nightmare for the coach to handle. You got disgruntled Adriano, and add Zlatan "I am" Ibrahimovic? I got a feeling their combination is a walking time bomb. I am sure Patrick wouldn't mind joing the party on show. And lets not forget Mancini also has a fuse or two to blow up. It seems a lot of people forgotten how volatile he was when he was a player. If Mancini sees a thing or two he doesnt like from Zlatan, you can bet he will be first one to fight.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Fliakis said:
TBH i dont care who, as long as its not milan.
Anyone as long as it's not milan or inter, inter more i mean. but looking at it, Fiorentina are minus i don't know how much, and Roma don't seem to look that strong.

So on both sides it's going to be sad, Inter or Milan will simply win the Scud. But by theory, Inter wont win it:D.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Jun-hide said:
Good post Intro. I totally agree.

Also as you pointed out, Inter's midfield quartet doesnt look too convincing. Stankovic is one of those players, thesedays, who can be a match winner on form (Ajax, for example), but can completely disppeaer on other times.
Central midfield parntership between Cambiasso and Viera has Emerson - Viera II written all over it. We all know how dreadful that was for both opposition and home fans. Figo showed last year that extra touch to confirm his class but does he still have the leg to last the whole season?

And attacking line-up is a nightmare for the coach to handle. You got disgruntled Adriano, and add Zlatan "I am" Ibrahimovic? I got a feeling their combination is a walking time bomb. I am sure Patrick wouldn't mind joing the party on show. And lets not forget Mancini also has a fuse or two to blow up. It seems a lot of people forgotten how volatile he was when he was a player. If Mancini sees a thing or two he doesnt like from Zlatan, you can bet he will be first one to fight.
Our assessments of Inter are exactly the same. :agree: You sum up the midfield perfectly. As you point out the striker dilemma has fireworks written all over it coupled with Mancini's coaching. I'm intrigued to see his solution as this summer we've seen Man Utd lose Van Nistelrooy and not replace him, Chelsea offloaded Crespo from being substitute, Barca brought in Gudjohnsen as a replacement for Larsson, Milan lost two strikers to bring in only one. The pattern being I don't see any 'Super Club' with a superstar striker on the bench - those clubs who had one last season no longer do.

Of Inter's three I don't see any being happy as substitute considering their positions from last year. Equally, Cruz is pretty effective for Inter that adds in another variable to the equation before even mentioning Moratti's infatuation with Ronaldo.

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
please man, inter cant win a shit..thye already lost two games against us ..i support siena in seria a this season.....only siena...and of course juve......FORZA JUVE & SIENA

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Intro said:

I fully agree on this, but we sould also consider,
-Milan's sick situation upfront,
-the new defence will be sacky at the beginning,
-the new referee era might treat them a litle less favourable (for this year only)
-and the many options Inter has this year, and the new upgrades (other than the 3 stars), its the first time they have an decent defence too:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)