Will Freddy Adu be better than Wayne Rooney? (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
abilitywise i think right now Rooney is a better player... potential wise, when Adu reached current Rooney's age, he wont be to far superior from the current Rooney.

i agree with swag.. so far i only see Freddy Adu as a 14 year old who can play at average adult professional level.... nothing more... we'll talk when he really do passed the average profesional level..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
Getting out in the next round is reaching a much further stage?

I admit though that the fact that England has gone further than Italy in two successive tournaments is exceptional enough - if not unique : I can't honestly remember this happening at any other time in history - to be underlined:cheesy:
it doesnt have to happen in the past as long as England is doing better than Italy in the meantime,infact English teams are doing better than the italian ones in the meantime,so theres no way people here can come up with crap like "all English players are overrated" and "Epl is crap" and "Rooney is overhyped Miccoli is better than him".

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
When Adu reaches Rooneyy's age? Pardon me if I am wrong but Adu is actually from Ghana, am i correct? How are you sure he is actually 14 or not slighly older like 18 or something. I know for a fact that loads of players lie about their ages for whatever reasons and i just honestly cannot see a 14 year old playing 90 mins against men, I am sorry

Case in point Eriberto was 29 and claimed he was 22

Never seen Adu play so I do not know if he is potentially or otherwise better than Rooney but unless you are 100 % sure about his age , do not bring that into play

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
When Adu reaches Rooneyy's age? Pardon me if I am wrong but Adu is actually from Ghana, am i correct? How are you sure he is actually 14 or not slighly older like 18 or something. I know for a fact that loads of players lie about their ages for whatever reasons and i just honestly cannot see a 14 year old playing 90 mins against men, I am sorry

Never seen Adu play so I do not know if he is potentially or otherwise better than Rooney but unless you are 100 % sure about his age , do not bring that into play
You make a valid point, but from what I've heard the doctors in the States have done bone tests and whatever else they do to determine whether he's lying about his age or not.

I think it's a slightly different situation from Eriberto, who lied about his whole identity. Adu in my opinion doesn't really have a valid reason to lie about his age, and I think that would've required him to lie about it from day 1 that he touched down in the States. Surely him or his mother wouldn't have had that kind of foresight..?

I've seen interviews with him, and his voice and appearance are believable for a 14 year old. Have you seen the 14 year-olds these days? :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

You make a valid point, but from what I've heard the doctors in the States have done bone tests and whatever else they do to determine whether he's lying about his age or not.

I think it's a slightly different situation from Eriberto, who lied about his whole identity. Adu in my opinion doesn't really have a valid reason to lie about his age, and I think that would've required him to lie about it from day 1 that he touched down in the States. Surely him or his mother wouldn't have had that kind of foresight..?

I've seen interviews with him, and his voice and appearance are believable for a 14 year old. Have you seen the 14 year-olds these days? :D
He's tall right?

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
it doesnt have to happen in the past as long as England is doing better than Italy in the meantime,infact English teams are doing better than the italian ones in the meantime,so theres no way people here can come up with crap like "all English players are overrated" and "Epl is crap" and "Rooney is overhyped Miccoli is better than him".
I don't feel got at by that last remark as I don't belong to the group of people who made such claim, but how does having one English team reaching and winning the CL final in a rather uncharacteristical way 5 years ago make your record better?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
Why do you still have trouble understanding this? I have stated the say thing Libero has said over a thousand times. English teams are not doing better than Itailan sides right now, and haven't in the past 15 years except for one.

I don't feel got at by that last remark as I don't belong to the group of people who made such claim, but how does having one English team reaching and winning the CL final in a rather uncharacteristical way 5 years ago make your record better?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Like Graham has said, recent tests have proved that he is of the age he says. But why would Freddy lie about his age in the first place denco? Are there age restrictions from winning an immigration lotery here in the U.S. or Ghana? It would serve no purpose to him by doing that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Andy, the reason he would lie is the same reason that alot of baseball players from the Dominican Republic and Cuba lie about their age.

Money.

Think about it. If Adu is playing against a bunch of 17 year olds and taking them to school on a consistent basis, doesn't he look a lot more attractive to a club if he is 14 than if he is actually 17 years old?

Of course he does, because that means that his ceiling for improvement is that much higher.

However, in Adu's case, he is actually only 14 years old. Well, 15 now. Someone asked if he's a big kid. He's 5'8", 140 lbs.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
Andy, the reason he would lie is the same reason that alot of baseball players from the Dominican Republic and Cuba lie about their age.

Money.

Think about it. If Adu is playing against a bunch of 17 year olds and taking them to school on a consistent basis, doesn't he look a lot more attractive to a club if he is 14 than if he is actually 17 years old?

Of course he does, because that means that his ceiling for improvement is that much higher.

However, in Adu's case, he is actually only 14 years old. Well, 15 now. Someone asked if he's a big kid. He's 5'8", 140 lbs.
I don't consider the difference of 14 to 16 years old that substantial Sergio. Maybe in the case of Eriberto that would make sense because he was already in his prime, but a two-year difference in the teens region wouldn't really matter anyways. Whether it be 15 or 17, Freddy Adu would have made $500,000 from MLS and a $Million from Nike. Same story.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

i was talking about last season,but anyway these last 6 seasons i dont recall italian teams reaching a further stage than English ones either than season 2002-2003.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Bah IMO English football and Italian football are other sports. Impossible to compare. They both have their own qualities.

Some like only italian, others only english...

and no one likes belgian football

gray

Apr 22, 2003
yeah he hasn't done much except for scoring the equaliser in the Cup, but to be fair to him he's not playing much, and the new manager and all that :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)