will capello apply the same tactic that he used in roma ? (1 Viewer)

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
hi all

it has been long time since i posted in the forums

juventus formation ,,, more players ,,, juve aproach ,,,

many questions ?

we all agree that capello is a great coach but will he play attacking game or definsive one ? this is the first question

capello at roma played with attacking full backs and 3 strong running central mifielders with one playmaker and one actual stricker in the area . will he apply this way with juve ??

if he did :

-------------------------gigi
birindelli----- thuram---- legro---- zambrotta

------ emerson ---- tachinardi--- blasi
------------------ nedved
-----------------------------------------alex
------------------- trezeguet

hmmmm i don't it worked for roma but i am not sure about juve and we still need right back to fulfill this tactic

another option ???

well,,, capello did not stick with one formation or one tactic ,, with real madrid and milan he was playing with another formations and tactics which makes me more optimistic that he can get the best in the team

as we all know this thing needs time to find the best tactic that juve can apply so he will keep trying till he will find the optimal one and he will stick on it unlike lippi who was changing his formation and tactic for the whole season ,, i cant recall what is his best formation and tactic long ball ? pressing ? falnks ? i cant say

refering to the piont that capello needs time ,,, he always needs to have all his players in his disposal before the begining of the season ,, not on the 31 of august which moggi likes to do .

moggi is king of the show off ,, he is a dealer or even a broker who dosent understand that the team needs time and effort to create the balance and determnation..

i am fed up with his way of playing the media and making suprises this things dosent create a good team it only makes the journalists happy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Considering Juve's results in the TIM Cup and the result against Fernabahce (sp?), you would think Capello would opt for an attack-minded squad. The only problem is: WHAT ATTACK!????

Moggi's big mistake was letting Di Vaio go.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
We're fvcked then......the other strikers we have are Zalayeta and Miccoli....possibly Olivera too :down:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well i would like to see the formation that would the master tactitian do, and i would like to see what will he do with Alex , will he be better or worst.

I think this formation is the best for now :

---------------------gigi------------

Zebina------thuram-------legro(montero,ferrara)-------zambro

camoranesi----------emerson-------blasi---------------

--------------------nedved------------------------------
--------------------------------------------Alex----------

------------------trezegoal------------------------

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he cant afford to play a defensive game, he doesnt have the players for that. roma had samuel and chivu, we dont.

if the rumours of mutu joining are true, i think capello may use him as his 'totti'. i believe he can play that role, but at chelsea he was used as more of a main striker at times and at parma he was more of a support striker. but he has the creativity skills to be a playmaker nonetheless.

right now, unless more players join, i cant see any formation being a favoured one to suit the team best.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Lets face it....Capello frequently played with a 3 man defence at Roma.

I would not be surprised if he did the same with Juve. A 3 man defence will allow Zambo to do even more damage down a flank.

I see this as a possibility:

-------------------------Buffon--------------------------

------------Thuram---Montero---Zebina------------

Birindelli--------------Emerson---------------Zambo
-------------Olivera-----------------Nedved-----------

------------------------------Del Piero------------------
-----------------------Trezeguet------------------------

That is not a bad team at all. Olivera could be trained to play a little deeper and he could be a supremely useful player in that kind of set up.

Thuram and Zebina are best as flankers in a 3 man defence. Montero is slow but he will do better in a 3 man set up.

With a 3 man defence, you only need one defensive mid because the wing backs mean that you have a 5 man defence when you defend.

The beauty of the above formation is that it easily converts back to a 4 man defence.

i.e

----------------Buffon------------------

Birri---Thuram---Montero---Zebina

---Olivera---Emerson---Zambo----

----------------Nedved---------------

---------------Trez---DP-------------

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

moggi is king of the show off ,, he is a dealer or even a broker who dosent understand that the team needs time and effort to create the balance and determnation..

i am fed up with his way of playing the media and making suprises this things dosent create a good team it only makes the journalists happy.
Maybe it is a plus to actually know things before you talk about it?. I think Moggi knows that a team needs time to find the balance more than everyone else, thats why he doesnt do major changes with alot of players every season.

And if you people only had understood that Moggi only said expect some surprises in the Emerson transfer saga, then this "surprise" rumour crap wouldnt exist!!!.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
Lets face it....Capello frequently played with a 3 man defence at Roma.

I would not be surprised if he did the same with Juve. A 3 man defence will allow Zambo to do even more damage down a flank.

I see this as a possibility:

-------------------------Buffon--------------------------

------------Thuram---Montero---Zebina------------

Birindelli--------------Emerson---------------Zambo
-------------Olivera-----------------Nedved-----------

------------------------------Del Piero------------------
-----------------------Trezeguet------------------------

That is not a bad team at all. Olivera could be trained to play a little deeper and he could be a supremely useful player in that kind of set up.

Thuram and Zebina are best as flankers in a 3 man defence. Montero is slow but he will do better in a 3 man set up.

With a 3 man defence, you only need one defensive mid because the wing backs mean that you have a 5 man defence when you defend.

The beauty of the above formation is that it easily converts back to a 4 man defence.

i.e

----------------Buffon------------------

Birri---Thuram---Montero---Zebina

---Olivera---Emerson---Zambo----

----------------Nedved---------------

---------------Trez---DP-------------
i dont know about montero and birindelli in defence not to mention zebina at left back or even starting. all three shoudlnt be starting regardless. olivera?? he has to prove himself, i hope he does come on for nedved or someone else and show us that but its premmature to just through him in there straight away.

but your formation to work, a centre back, a right back and another midfielder need to come in.

OP
juvelover

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

Maybe it is a plus to actually know things before you talk about it?. I think Moggi knows that a team needs time to find the balance more than everyone else, thats why he doesnt do major changes with alot of players every season.

And if you people only had understood that Moggi only said expect some surprises in the Emerson transfer saga, then this "surprise" rumour crap wouldnt exist!!!.

give me a break
    wait till 31 of august ,, u will see his suprise ,, like the di vaio's deal on the last min ,, who couldn't adapt and settle ....

i believe that there is no need for his services, english teams say arsenal don't buy players at the deadline and the team manager is the guy responsible for picking the players i don't recall david dean bought player without taking the manager approval ,,, when moggi bought di vaio he said to lippi silly joke about buying magellanes wich indicates that lippi isn't aware of the signing till it happens ,, and he has to deal with it and the season had begun already ,, i pitty him

OP
    juvelover

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
    Well i would like to see the formation that would the master tactitian do, and i would like to see what will he do with Alex , will he be better or worst.

I think this formation is the best for now :

---------------------gigi------------

Zebina------thuram-------legro(montero,ferrara)-------zambro

camoranesi----------emerson-------blasi---------------

--------------------nedved------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------Alex----------

------------------trezegoal------------------------

it seems good but only on paper ,, zebina isn't full back and camo isn't that fast to hold the flank

OP
    juvelover

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    he cant afford to play a defensive game, he doesnt have the players for that. roma had samuel and chivu, we dont.

if the rumours of mutu joining are true, i think capello may use him as his 'totti'. i believe he can play that role, but at chelsea he was used as more of a main striker at times and at parma he was more of a support striker. but he has the creativity skills to be a playmaker nonetheless.

right now, unless more players join, i cant see any formation being a favoured one to suit the team best.

mutu filling totti place ,, i don't think so , he hasn't got the leadership and confidence that totti has ,, it will be mostly nedved

Kaka22

Aug 6, 2004
    Well Capelo ´played with Roma a 4-4-2 and a 3-5-2.My guess is that with juve he''ll play the 4-4-2 formation:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Buffon_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Zebina _ _ _ _ _ _ Thuram_ _ _ _ _Montero_ _ _ _ _ Zambrota

Camoranesi_ _ _ _ Tachinardi_ _ _ _ _ _Emerson_ _ _ _Nedved

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Alex_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Trezeguet_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

He can play with the 3-5-2 but Juve lack a good right back for that formation and

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    With the current squad I would play:

Buffon
    Zebina Thuram Legrottaglie Zambrotta
    Camoranesi Tacchinardi Emerson Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero

Unless some quality players join I think Capello will play something like that. Neddy would have the freedom of drifting central with Zamboy pushing up the left flank and DP going a bit wider if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)