Wikileaks (20 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    Banksters beware.

In a rare, two-hour interview conducted in London on November 11, Assange said that he’s still sitting on a trove of secret documents, about half of which relate to the private sector. And WikiLeaks’ next target will be a major American bank. “It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume,” he said, adding: “For this, there’s only one similar example. It’s like the Enron emails.”
    http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2010/11/29/an-interview-with-wikileaks-julian-assange/

http://market-ticker.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=173523

YES, YES, YES. BRING IT ON! Please be JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs. Hopefully, whatever it is, will be large enough to sink them. I wouldn't bet on it though.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    That is why you find Jordanian politicians attacking Iran all the time because they are greedy for more cash from Saudi Arabia.
    Then that isn't really different from the Iraq war, really. Why aren't you lot protesting against Jordan instead of the USA?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    It will be interesting to see how JBF and Rebel take the news that it's not the big boogey man USA and Israhell that wants to attack Iran, but in fact their Moslem buddies.
    FYI Andy, this is NOTHING new, not even the most retarded and naive Irani govt official would raise an eyebrow over that. Or do you think only the US supported Iraq in the 80s Iran-Iraq war?

Iran/persian - arab world relations (vying for Big dog status in ME and the Gulf) and shia-sunni relations of like...the last thousand years of history (subjugated the former in both scenarios in most of that time) havent been exactly cosy, just FYI :p

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #29
    FYI Andy, this is NOTHING new, not even the most retarded and naive Irani govt official would raise an eyebrow over that. Or do you think only the US supported Iraq in the 80s Iran-Iraq war?

Iran/persian - arab world relations (vying for Big dog status in ME and the Gulf) and shia-sunni relations of like...the last thousand years of history (subjugated the former in both scenarios in most of that time) havent been exactly cosy, just FYI :p
    I know. It's just that whenever something goes wrong, the folks in question are quick to blame the US. That's why I called them out.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    THAT I would love to see. The true dirt, lol.
    Millions of Americans would love to see it, too. These fuckers deserved to fail in 2008. Pain will ensue in the short run because the financial terrorists in question would crash the markets, but in the long run we would be better off without the big banks. True capitalism needs to come into play so the establishment bankers can die.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I can't wait. Hopefully wikileaks is able to survive the attempts to shut them down.

Most of the Embassy cables aren't surprising. Of course Americans talk about other nations behind their backs, I'm sure all the rest of the world does the same.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    If all this stuff is for real, Julien or whatever better not spend any time around a hot tub or private plane...

delrey

Jan 5, 2009
    wikileaks is one of the best sites on the internet. It is funny how mostly Americans (not all of course) are against it while they proudly profess their believe in freedom of speech. Bunch of hypocrites.
    You know all this stuff about Wikileaks is BS.
    "Ah no, we cant stop leaking our secret informations." BS.
    IMO its all about Iran. Divide et impera. They want to isolate him from Arab countries.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    You know all this stuff about Wikileaks is BS.
    "Ah no, we cant stop leaking our secret informations." BS.
    IMO its all about Iran. Divide et impera. They want to isolate him from Arab countries.
    I don't think the government would intentionally leak stuff. A small part of it is about Iran.

Most of it is just embarrassing anecdotes from our state department, especially the attempts to trade Obama for Gitmo prisoners and Clinton's order to spy on the UN. That shit's funny, but probably extremely embarrassing to the government. Not to mention the leaks have probably alienated much of Europe from our side. I doubt the government would go through all that just to get at Iran.

And them you consider that the founder isn't even an American.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I can't wait. Hopefully wikileaks is able to survive the attempts to shut them down.

Most of the Embassy cables aren't surprising. Of course Americans talk about other nations behind their backs, I'm sure all the rest of the world does the same.
    But if there is anything that says world governing super power (which you basically are) is the fact you basically ID, DNA and basically ANY other private detail about EVERYONE in UN and other govt officials, like that leak said.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I don't think the government would intentionally leak stuff. A small part of it is about Iran.

Most of it is just embarrassing anecdotes from our state department, especially the attempts to trade Obama for Gitmo prisoners and Clinton's order to spy on the UN. That shit's funny, but probably extremely embarrassing to the government. Not to mention the leaks have probably alienated much of Europe from our side. I doubt the government would go through all that just to get at Iran.

And them you consider that the founder isn't even an American.
    Yeah, this shady spying leaks, plus the stuff that been happening relating to the US govt and scandinavian embassies, doesnt exactly strenghten relations, hehe.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    But if there is anything that says world governing super power (which you basically are) is the fact you basically ID, DNA and basically ANY other private detail about EVERYONE in UN and other govt officials, like that leak said.
    I'm sure other countries do that too, maybe not to the extent that we've done. Let's not be so naive. Foreign affairs is a rather touchy affair. Handshakes and treaties in front of the public, meanwhile something completely different is going on behind the scenes.

Granted I'm not saying this unethical action is right. But is it surprising? I mean look at our leaders. They're mostly slime-balls and bimbos.

We may be a world governing body to an extent, but I think this may change that which would be to our benefit.

I wonder if the government has realized that leaks are so easy to deal with if your not doing a bunch of shady shit behind the scenes yet. It seems to me everyone is mad about being caught and not really worried about what was done.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)