Why?!!! (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah I know. Must everyone be a pedantic smartass :groan: ;)

What??? Since when are you a mod???

What the hell is happening to the forums, I've been gone 3 days and everyone is a mod all of the sudden :wth:

*shakes head*

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
No, Intelligence has nothing to do with education, education can help delevop a high IQ and make it even higher, but it is not neccessary. But just because someone is not properly educated does not mean they are not intelligent. Intelligence is potential, education is what you make of it ;)
If that is true, then IQ and education are definitely connected, aren't they? That would make your statement that "they have nothing to do with each other" wrong.

;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

If that is true, then IQ and education are definitely connected, aren't they? That would make your statement that "they have nothing to do with each other" wrong.

;)
What I ment to say (which you deliberatly missed) is that education is not neccessary for a high IQ, meaning a unedcuated person can be the smartest person in the world, but I also said that education can help intelligence develop even further.

Education is a bonus, not a neccessety for a high IQ

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
You finally got one??? :wth:

:p
yeah, mail just arrive. damn santa's getting old :groan:
i think it's faulty tho, or maybe it just needs some time getting used to it

but it's fun..and salty :undecide:

do you have a brain?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
125? I've done a few tests, the last real one was 3 years back in primary school, but they didnt tell us the scores, it was for their internal records. I've done an online test a year ago, and it was pretty high so I dont know how reliable it is/was.

It was 149 :undecide:
I got 156, and they gave me a full scholarship at my coaching college :D

++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
And if intelligence has nothing to do with education then how come the average figure of 3rd world countries is always so much lower than that of 1st world countries and then how come that there are so many mathematical questions in an intelligence test. Mathematical questions that cannot be answered without a proper education.
Where did you get this statistic? I don't think the mathematical questions are all that complex, they're more like patterns e.g.

what's the next number?

and they have a lot of shape questions, etc.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
No, Intelligence has nothing to do with education, education can help delevop a high IQ and make it even higher, but it is not neccessary. But just because someone is not properly educated does not mean they are not intelligent. Intelligence is potential, education is what you make of it ;)
Actually, it's just that IQ tests are biased towards the literate. If you can't read or write, you get 0 in any IQ test you answer. It doesn't mean you're stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)