Why should I support Juventus? (1 Viewer)

Shogun

May 10, 2012
Greetings,

I'm an Everton fan from Liverpool, England. I've always wanted to take an interest in Italian football for reasons I do not know (It's just always appealed to me) though I've never seemed to get round to actually getting into it.

Anyway, to the point in my thread, I've decide I'm going to get into Serie A but the problem is that I have little idea who to support because I have such a lack of knowledge of the league . I've enjoyed the way Napoli have played the last few years but I don't think they're the club for me, so I was wondering whether you could give me an insight into Juventus, the club, the fans, the tradition etc and help me decide whether to support them.

P.S. well done on winning the Scudetto (spelling)

best regards,

Shogun.

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Welcome Shogun,

Well where can I start from :D, I know many football fans start supporting a certain club because of the way that team plays (entertaining football) or because that club is winning trophies, have certain big stars ....

Juve's story is what makes this club so special, imagine in 2006 the champions of Italy and one of the best clubs in Europe were relegated to serie B for absolutely no clear evidence (don't believe what the media says and if you got time try to read the calciopoli sec in this thread to get a clearer idea of the case) most of our players left, our directors were banned and the club was almost destroyed.

Juve fans in particular had to really suffer for years, we were bashed by rival fans and called cheat and all kind of names (and deep down inside they know that's not true, they truly know it) yet that didn't change our love for this club. in fact, I've personally been a fan of this club for almost 20 years now never knew that I loved the club until we were relegated to serie B.

We went through hell in the past 6 years and came back but we never lost faith in the club. Today we're the champions of Italy and believe me it won't be long until we'll be on top Europe again am certain of it.

There is just a special thing about this club, once you become a fan you'll feel it.

Anyways your welcome here :beer:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Greetings,

I'm an Everton fan from Liverpool, England. I've always wanted to take an interest in Italian football for reasons I do not know (It's just always appealed to me) though I've never seemed to get round to actually getting into it.

Anyway, to the point in my thread, I've decide I'm going to get into Serie A but the problem is that I have little idea who to support because I have such a lack of knowledge of the league . I've enjoyed the way Napoli have played the last few years but I don't think they're the club for me, so I was wondering whether you could give me an insight into Juventus, the club, the fans, the tradition etc and help me decide whether to support them.

P.S. well done on winning the Scudetto (spelling)

best regards,

Shogun.
It should come natural. Don't force it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Why shouldn't you ?
Because love can't be forced. You can come up with a hundred and one logical reasons why you should love a woman or a football club, but if the heart doesn't follow it's pointless.

I'm not saying that what Shogun is doing is futile because it can actually help to learn about the history of a club etc, but in the end it's like getting a new puppy: it chooses you :)

I've tried to choose a team to follow in the Premier League for ages, but I've just never been able to.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A Liverpool fan friend of mine (no, not Aaron ;) ) once told me the story of how he became such a rabid fan. It started when he was watching a match between Barcelona and Liverpool, and he suspected he would become a fan of one of the two. Apparently Barca was leading and Liverpool made a great comeback.

He later said that event simply guaranteed him years of heartbreak ever since, had the match played out the other way around. :p But that's how it goes sometimes.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
As for Juventus fans, they're pretty much like Liverpool fans except their team is good right now and occasionally the conspiracies are real.

---------- Post added 09.05.2012 at 23:21 ----------

A Liverpool fan friend of mine (no, not Aaron ;) ) once told me the story of how he became such a rabid fan. It started when he was watching a match between Barcelona and Liverpool, and he suspected he would become a fan of one of the two. Apparently Barca was leading and Liverpool made a great comeback.

He later said that event simply guaranteed him years of heartbreak ever since, had the match played out the other way around. :p But that's how it goes sometimes.
That's pretty much how it goes.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
This is really a personal matter , and there are variety of reasons why one would feel connected to a certain club. What I can tell you though, it all happens over time, so like everyone suggested don't force it. :)

Welcome btw :beer:

OP

Shogun

May 10, 2012
  • Thread Starter #12
    Thanks for your replies lads, We have a similar saying called "born, not manufactured" at Everton to what is being echoed so far, in the sense that you can't simply choose, you are chosen.

Are Juventus really similar to Liverpool? Liverpool are the scum of the footballing Earth to me. I didn't really make this thread to be persuaded per se but just to learn about the club, the tradition and the fans.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks for your replies lads, We have a similar saying called "born, not manufactured" at Everton to what is being echoed so far, in the sense that you can't simply choose, you are chosen.

Are Juventus really similar to Liverpool? Liverpool are the scum of the footballing Earth to me. I didn't really make this thread to be persuaded per se but just to learn about the club, the tradition and the fans.
    I just say their fans are similar in mindset. Love their history, hugely arrogant, the establishment is always against them, etc. However, the clubs themselves are obviously different. Juventus actually wins things these days.

I'm a Liverpool supporter and I've seen Liverpool fans described like that by Juve fans. The funny thing is I would probably describe Juve fans very similarly.

---------- Post added 09.05.2012 at 23:39 ----------

that goal against Argentina? Deneb be mad
    Yeah. I was 14 years old, he was like 18 when he scored it. So he pretty much became my footballing idol.

We had this channel called Fox Sports World and every Sunday evening they showed a 2 hour PL wrap up show which showed all the important matches condensed into about 10 minutes each. So I would watch that show to follow Owen and eventually discovered they showed matches in the morning. My interest grew and soon I was a fan of Liverpool FC.

OP

Shogun

May 10, 2012
  • Thread Starter #15
    I'm sorry you picked such a disgusting club to support :)

We'll get along though haha

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
    Aug 26, 2008
    The difference between us juve fans and other italian teams fans is that they will tell you to pick their team and that every other team is sh*t. Us juve fans will simply tell you not to force it and let the team choose you. I think that pretty much sums it up. Juve = Class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)