Why not Eriksson instead of Ranieri? (4 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
To be honest, i have absolutely no clue about that Jack:D
i wasnt even born then!! but i dont care either, it doesnt really matter what he has done in a past life, things have changed a great deal by then (yep, i changed the world). I will not debate about his victories in a local, less competitive, championship 25 years ago, but i want you to enlighten me about his European title at that time, considering today's facts i ll take a guess and say it was probably just luck...

BTW i missed the opportunity to visit Sweden (and learn more about the local ... football) in a more permanent bases, as a part of the next step in my medicine carrier:cry:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well call it luck if you want but to win the UEFA cup twice in a window of 4 seasons is not luck. Plus reaching the CL semi final and leaving at the hands of Barcelona on penalties it is not luck either. But hey, whatever rocks your boat, Ericsson is the definition of overrated.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Luck can always find a way to make a stealthy intervention,
and it is not always related in performance only,
he might was lucky having one of the best Swedish players generation,
combined with weak competition and some favorable results.
As i said, i dont really know nothing about that, they way you present it,
they were consistent winners for a period of time. Luck is a bitch, she doesnt always mate with the same man (or team) and since they were not having world champions either, that would only mean, their succes was only due to their teamwork. => coach's work => Sven WAS a great coach in a PAST life:p

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Because Eriksson is a no-good money loving Swede with nothing but administrative women on his mind. His results with the English NT aren't impressive, and to me it seems that the timed has gotten away from him. He is yesterdays news.
:agree: the man is a disgrace, he thinks with his penis, which isnt a bad thing but when your in the spotlight at least try to control it, and hes ancient, people that old shouldnt be having sex with hot women! they shouldnt even be wanking!

anyway i disagree about your claim that his results with england werent impressive, he was one of their most successful managers and he only lost 3 competitive matches during his whole time as manager (n.ireland, portugal and brazil) and that is simply because england freeze when they get to the latter stages in a competition. having complemented him there that is as far as i will go.

the man is an embarassment, he may have had success in the past but hes been out of REAL football for too long that hes prob forgotten what it involves, there are very few coaches that have done their best work AFTER managing a national team and sven will not be one of them. Aside from that i couldnt stand to have a manager on the side that just sits on the bench and has no emotion or passion, he refuses to react to goals and his substitutions are nothing short of ridiculous. the only time this guy actually has an expression on his face is when hes cheating on his wife and shagging someone elses wife/sister/mother... hes not fussy, any holes a goal

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Jeez, man I rate at the momment Ranieri much higher over Sven. HE has done shit for the english NT, and although england team is made up of highly hyped and somewhat overrated players, they should have gone further than what they have achieved so far.

OP
Batigol

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
  • Thread Starter #26
    the reason i started this thread is because the image i have of Ranieri when he was the coach of Valencia. Valencia before he came were the champions of Spain and eurpean cup, when he came in charge they didn't get pass the first round in CL they didn't advance for the CL the year after they didn't fight for the La liga. At chlsea it true that he didn't have players that Jose has right now, but still he could have wone the english league but no he didn't. basiclly i think of him as a chocker, and i hope that changes when the league starts.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
    if we wanted to play boring english type soccer then we wouldve gone for erikson
    im glad we got ranieri
    hes coached great clubs such as valencia and chelsea and pulled a miracle keeping parma from serie b
    i think he will be great for us

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    f*ck sven with all his off pitch shenanigans the last thing we need is juve being mixed up with sven's latest love affair, im not a great fan of either managers but i would prefer ranieri of the 2 simply because he has charisma and works well with the youth we have to offer, unlike sven, also i think svens tactics just suck probably worse than crapello's where by ranieri seems to adapt better to situations, perhaps not always for the better.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Eriksson???? Someone who selects a 17 year old who's never even played for his own club to the World Cup when you have an unfit Rooney and an injury prone Owen is a retard!! And don't tell me there weren't any strikers in England. Defoe and AJ are very capable backups.
    He did it just in case Theo played well then Eriksson would be hailed as a visionary. No Thanks, His decision to choose Theo was the reason England lost cos they had no real options on the bench when they needed them.
    Stupidest mistake made since Ancelotti decided to play Henry as a winger.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Comparing some of Ericssons succeses he deserves credit. I think what he did at Benfica was amazing although to be fair in his second stint at Benfica he had spent a lot of money on the market which kind of mirrors his league winning success under lazio. His Uefa cup win under gothenburg in his early days was down to unattractive football.. it was 10 men behind the ball also to note they took on inferior opposition. Nevertheless the tactics worked. As for reaching benfica to the cl final, then no doubt once again his side faced inferior opposition and they only booked a final spot thanks to a huge referee blunder.

Finally at Lazio, he was blessed with the maginificent salas, veron, nedved with solid stankovic, almeyda and not forgetting an inform nesta. I really dont need to say much but with a squad like that you are expected to push and give it a try. Not forgetting in 2000 we should have been champions if it hadnt been the bolded bastard who let the perugia game go ahead.

With this all being said, I think Ericsson was a tactical mastermind who someway down the line lost the plot where his personal life conflicted with football. It was a risk to see that sort of persona being brought into turin and motivate our stars. His contract would have been staggering and finally considering we have promoted back up we need someone with enthusiasm and one who can motivate. I dont think sven is well known for that.

For me Ranieri is the ideal appointment, he may not be as tactical aware as Ericsson's and certainly cant be compared to Ericsson's cv, however his relationship with players, press and fans have always been good. His also a guy who brings the best out of his players and for all those complaining about youngsters not getting a chance at Juve then I believe if theres anyone who will give them a try then its the tinkerman. As Juve we have always gone for the "low profile" man and this is no exception, theres no denying that our best football and maybe "success" has come from this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)