Why Italy wont win a major torny. (2 Viewers)

Alex

May 1, 2004
Reason for me why Italy hasn't won anything lately

1. Italy hold their own against the best of the best. True
2. Italy often fail to produce against the lesser teams.

Why?
Simple.

Italy need to be attacked. Italy need to be under pressure. Italy need to absorb pressure. Only the best teams will do this to Italy and therefor it is only agianst the best of teams that Italy can play to their strength and that it couter-attacking football.

In Euro 2000 this worked very well with Italy's defence performing wonders, the midfield defending deep and launching fast breaks, and the attackers proved to be clinical for the most part.

However times have changed. The azzuri midfield to me is behind standards of the past. Our forwards are pre-occupied by internal conflict and jeoulosy, the defefence lets face it isn't what it use to be.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
i think the midfield is world class, i mean how can you say it is behind standards of the past when it has players like: Zambrotta, De Rossi, Gattuso, Blasi, Pirlo, Totti, Camoranesi, Fiore. Its just that under

Trap it was crap, but what to expect when you are so ****ed up that u use Zanetti!.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
we always hear people saying "this will be italy's tournament" or "italy will finally perform this time."

quite honestly i don't think this time is coming soon because the team lacks any real desire and hunger to perform and win.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Yeah, maybe in 20yrs when they realize that they spend too much time in front of the mirror b4 the game and They dont play for eachother! They should let theese ppl play:

Cassano - Gilardino

---------Totti

Gattuso-Pirlo-De Rossi

Zambro-Canna-Nesta-Oddo

--------Buffon

In the 2006 WC, i hope this team will be playing a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)